Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyanka Funk is finally banned!  (Read 6837 times)

Utari Onzo

Re: Anyanka Funk is finally banned!
« Reply #15 on: 23 Nov 2015, 12:57 »

If you say something like that in a semi-public channel with plenty of lurkers.....it wouldn't surprise me that it triggered someone's reaction.

but on the other hand, if your character makes that kind of threats on a regular basis, as long as it is In character, then the ban is debatable. After all remember eve is  "ESRB:T"

taken from here

TEEN
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
There's teen rated language, with swearing and crude humour, then there's Funk openly admiting her character was talking about cutting little kid's faces off in a public channel.

Ok, so yeah, there are the Nauplius' of Eve RP that want to do horrible things to Slaves. But sometimes, you know, people can just cross a line. As a father myself, I would not approve of my son in his teens reading about/playing things to do with cutting children's faces off. One could say Grand Theft Auto, with violence and foul language, isn't a great influence, but atleast you can sit down and talk about crime/theft and ensure your teenage child gets that it's crime. Cutting kids faces off? That's a bit out there.

Now, whether CCP should/can ban on that basis is neither here nor there frankly, as CCP can ban anyone they want for any reason. It's their own game. However, one thing I'd love Funk (and Nauplius) to understand is that you know... There's only so much refferences to graphic murdering sprees/sexual habits/torture methods etc I'm willing to tolerate for the sake of RPing a bad guy. There's a line where I stop thinking your character is evil, and start thinking you're either just a bored edge lord, or someone with some serious issues that need sorting.

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 23 Nov 2015, 13:05 »

I'm a father as well. And I'm going to let my son read the bible when he is old enough to read. There are far worse things in the bible than I could ever come up with. I also teach my son the difference between fantasy and reality.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2015, 13:14 by Anyanka Funk »

Utari Onzo

« Reply #17 on: 23 Nov 2015, 13:21 »

I'm a father as well. And I'm going to let my son read the bible when he is old enough to read. There are far worse things in the bible than I could ever come up with. I also teach my son the difference between fantasy and reality.

And there in lies the issue, your tolerance to certain elements within a fantasy world far exceeds some other peoples (including mine) and both ruins enjoyment of a channel, and causes people who might not know you at all OOC to question the levels you take things. I dread to think about how many curious types have popped their heads into IGS and seen some of the topics you bring up. But again, this is just my personal opinion.

Funk to my character is not a nemesis, nor some scary monster, just a creepy weirdo who happens to also be a heretic. From an OOC perspective, I feel like you do a lot of the stuff more to be able to go "bwahahahaha look at me and how evil I am" then actually try to have an interesting character, and something to fear/loathe. If that's the angle you're after then good luck and if you're let back into Eve I hope it gives you satisfaction, but personally I'll be avoiding interacting with Funk and other characters of a similar vein for the most part, as it just crosses a line for me too often.

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #18 on: 23 Nov 2015, 13:44 »

There's a block button.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 23 Nov 2015, 13:57 »

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #20 on: 23 Nov 2015, 15:14 »

I don't know, I think in this case the point is rather accessible but the recipient isn't.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #21 on: 23 Nov 2015, 15:25 »

Does Funk go too far? Alot of the times yes. Does my character see her as a nemesis? Hell no, though does avoid her due to thinking she's psychotic more than anything. Yes the game is rated T for teen, aka 13+, BUT what is the average age of players? Unless my memory is really as bad as I joke about it being I could have sworn it was somewhere in the mid 20s. The game is rated for 13 but is it actually that? Majority of us are adults. Should you be forced to deal with such things? Nope, and you aren't. The block buttons there for a reason, use it. I strongly doubt that the face thing was seen as a rl threat, its just ludicrous sounding. So it more than likely was some off hand comment somewhere else. Would I let my daughter read such things? No but at the same time anyone who has played multiplayer halo hears stupid s**t like that in a non rp way all the time, yet you don't see any random 12 year olds being banned on xbox live or being arrested for it. Welcome to the internet, internet anonymity is a thing and people lose sight of it and say stupid stuff all the time. Can't protect your kids from all of it unless you unplug the Ethernet cable.

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #22 on: 23 Nov 2015, 16:04 »

GM told me the exact statement the ban was for. It was for the face wearing comment being reported as a real life threat.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #23 on: 23 Nov 2015, 16:09 »

That's just stupid, I mean inappropriate, ya I guess but in a well known player owned (summit right?) RP channel? Not saying it shouldn't have had any warning or whatever if someone reported it but saying it was a rl threat is kinda pushing it.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 23 Nov 2015, 16:13 »

GM told me the exact statement the ban was for. It was for the face wearing comment being reported as a real life threat.

Welp, now that we know it was the remark made about Maria's face and as the direct recipient of that threat (Maria the character), i can say I interpreted that as purely IC and  obviously did not think it was OOC.  ((who knows? Maybe she made it to others, but I recall the one made about Maria only))

I also didn't respond to it ICLY on channel and left channel as that's not the sort of thing Luna would dignify with any sort of response on the IGS nor is it her way to do so in any forum or venue really.  It was simple enough to leave the chat and just ask the Society to continue our KOS policy on Funk as, you know, it's a game about blowing space ships in space and I feel intractible in character rp disputes should be settled that way.

Natheniel

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2015, 16:20 »

Alright, so im gonna say it...

Grr Funk! Hat Funk!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #26 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:22 »

The comment was IC.

The comment was way over the line, IC or otherwise.

Maybe not ban worthy for the reason given, but in my eyes the unabashed repetition of Funk's increasingly crude and "3edgy5me" behaviour is probably worth a ban. At least temporarily.

Sue me.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:26 »

CCP pretty clearly states in the eula/tos that roleplay is not an excuse for breaking the rules.

Best we can really tell you at this point, given that, is to suck it the fuck up and deal, cupcake.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:46 »

People all the time let - or even make - their children read the bible, when they're not ready. Hell, most people are not ready to read the bible because they neither know the historical background to put it into the right light, nor do they have any idea of the interpretive tradition through which lens it is supposed to be read.

In the end, it's not about being old enough - it's about being mature enough. And that depends a lot on prior education and whether it preapares you sufficently.

I don't mean to come off as elitist: I know for sure that when I first read through the bible I wasn't mature enough to understand it. Parts of it - like the part where you first get, given certain conditions, punished with infertility and then your children and their children up to the 7th generation get punished, too. How do your children get punished if you aren't going to have them due to infertility?
You really need to see this through the lens of the interpretive tradition it's intended to be read through to make sense of it.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2015, 17:50 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #29 on: 23 Nov 2015, 18:03 »

CCP pretty clearly states in the eula/tos that roleplay is not an excuse for breaking the rules.

Best we can really tell you at this point, given that, is to suck it the fuck up and deal, cupcake.
What's it called when someone reports you for harassment, yet continues to speak to you? Or reports you for ooc threats in an ic chat channel?
Pages: 1 [2] 3