Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)  (Read 18960 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)
« Reply #75 on: 13 Oct 2015, 12:41 »

As said on slack, I would argue that those examples do not exactly completely apply since in the case of Anne she wore titles of several Kingdoms, which means of similar weight and nobility. A kingdom doesn't include another kingdom. An empire like the HRE though, could.

The case of George I is interesting, but again the case is a bit specific (and very convoluted indeed) since George, king of Britain, owns a duchy that holds elective power to the HRE throne. De facto it means that this duchy technically isn't really part of the HRE anymore, but retains elective power... Right? I am interested to know more though, because it may still have been considered part of the HRE de facto...? Interesting case to be sure, which only the fragmented elective monarchy of the HRE can allow since most of those duchies and kingdoms are all very loosely connected to an elected emperor that holds very little power over them.

I think though, that as we spoke about, the Amarr Empire case is quite unique (in an unique fictional setting), where the newly elected emperor loses all titles and family attaches when he gets on the throne, to now be part and head of the Emperor Family behemoth, along with his close relatives. It would mean that Khanid relinquishes technically all claims to the Kingdom crown, and so, the Kingdom doesn't really HAVE TO be integrated, being transferred to his heir.

Now the question would be, would Khanid go for the integration of the Kingdom and force his heir to do so? Would he do the opposite? Would he even more, force his way to the Amarr throne while retaining his other titles?

I can definitely see him doing any of those things..

Utari Onzo

« Reply #76 on: 13 Oct 2015, 14:18 »

To answer your question on Hanover, yes it remained a part of the HRE de facto right up until it became a Kingdom in its own right. So George I and II were both Kings and subjects.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #78 on: 16 Oct 2015, 07:55 »

“That is the Final Will and Testament of Her Imperial Majesty Jamyl I. Unredacted. It is a most important document and writing it may yet prove to be the most important act of our late lamented Empress.”

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #79 on: 16 Oct 2015, 07:59 »

omg spoilers, Sami! D:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #80 on: 16 Oct 2015, 10:09 »

Nice chronicle! Great to see Tetrimon stuff!!

No one 'sequesters' Khanid though :). I expect ninja vanish smoke bomb if he loses :p

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #81 on: 16 Oct 2015, 10:20 »

No one 'sequesters' Khanid though :). I expect ninja vanish smoke bomb if he loses :p

I'm going to need your home address so I can come collect the tears in person when you're wrong. >.>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #82 on: 16 Oct 2015, 10:45 »

well, that's going to be an uncomfortable time for supporters of whoever is eliminated first.
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
\o/

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #84 on: 19 Oct 2015, 20:08 »

Nice chronicle! Great to see Tetrimon stuff!!

Have faith.
Khanid FTW!  :yar:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #85 on: 19 Oct 2015, 22:08 »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #86 on: 20 Oct 2015, 07:34 »

I will grant something to the ic anti Khanid folks:  just as the thought of Khanid suiciding is off character and makes no sense to us,    so does the idea of Khanid winning and the rest of the heirs saying " ok sure!"

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #87 on: 20 Oct 2015, 07:50 »

Well, they've established it as no longer being a "suicide".

Now it's an assassination.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #88 on: 17 Nov 2015, 23:27 »

I loved the trials so far and the rp its generated both on the IGS and in game.  I thought the format was accessible as evidenced by the fact that several underdogs made it fairly far in to the tourney.

Makes me wonder of any analogs that might apply to the other races.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #89 on: 17 Nov 2015, 23:33 »

I want to witness Khanid go, "Screw you guys!" and then separate from the Amarr Empire for another century or so.
Deep sea fish loves you forever
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7