Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)  (Read 18965 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)
« Reply #90 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:05 »

I maintain that someone who based his entire kingdom on refusing ritual suicide, who regularly clones himself to stay youthful in violation of several Heir taboos, and spends most of his time with a middle-finger pointed at the theology council is not going to suddenly go meekly into the suicide room.

Guess we'll see though, yea?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:10 »

I maintain that someone who based his entire kingdom on refusing ritual suicide, who regularly clones himself to stay youthful in violation of several Heir taboos, and spends most of his time with a middle-finger pointed at the theology council is not going to suddenly go meekly into the suicide room.

I'd not be surprised to see either thing happening. It's just as unlikely that Khanid will suicide now as it was for the (other) Heirs to accept him into the trials. Everything goes by now.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #92 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:16 »

It's been stated pretty clearly by Falcon that as of Sunday, Garkeh is a dead man walking, as are Yonis, Merimeth and Uriam. They're sequestered and under observation by the Tetrimon for a reason.

The only tinfoily question is if Garkeh's successor is a clone of himself or not.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #93 on: 18 Nov 2015, 12:54 »

You're aware that his "heir" is almost certainly just another clone of himself, right?

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #94 on: 18 Nov 2015, 16:11 »

It's been stated pretty clearly by Falcon that as of Sunday, Garkeh is a dead man walking, as are Yonis, Merimeth and Uriam. They're sequestered and under observation by the Tetrimon for a reason.

The only tinfoily question is if Garkeh's successor is a clone of himself or not.

If his succesor is a clone, then he's not really killed, no?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #95 on: 18 Nov 2015, 16:23 »

If his succesor is a clone, then he's not really killed, no?

At this point I would say that yes, he would be, because his successor has been around for a long while and has his own history. At that point they're really two different people - and there's a reason I said "tinfoily."
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #96 on: 18 Nov 2015, 16:34 »

plot twist:

every male member of the Khanid royal family is a clone of King Khanid.
\o/

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: 18 Nov 2015, 17:28 »

At this point I would say that yes, he would be, because his successor has been around for a long while and has his own history. At that point they're really two different people - and there's a reason I said "tinfoily."

With being over 350 years old, and the last update having probably been made shortly before the trials, I'd argue that there is more than enough reason to call him the same person (it's under 1% deviation, really) - especially if Jamyl Sarum is to be considered the same person after the cloning and getting the other inserted and stuff...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #98 on: 18 Nov 2015, 17:33 »

Sssshhh. Wasn't cloned. Was a miracle.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #99 on: 18 Nov 2015, 17:45 »

With being over 350 years old, and the last update having probably been made shortly before the trials, I'd argue that there is more than enough reason to call him the same person (it's under 1% deviation, really) - especially if Jamyl Sarum is to be considered the same person after the cloning and getting the other inserted and stuff...

This is assuming that the heir-clone has been getting updated with data from the king.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #100 on: 18 Nov 2015, 18:22 »

well, if he intends to survive in the heir, that's more than reasonable to assume...

he could as well have sent a clone to the trials session, modified it with a TCMC to stay there happily and have his 'original' self cosmetically altered before removing his supposed successor and taking his place, ofc.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2015, 18:25 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #101 on: 19 Nov 2015, 04:06 »

Or maybe he was the broker all along.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #102 on: 19 Nov 2015, 12:07 »

well, if he intends to survive in the heir, that's more than reasonable to assume...

he could as well have sent a clone to the trials session, modified it with a TCMC to stay there happily and have his 'original' self cosmetically altered before removing his supposed successor and taking his place, ofc.

Interesting idea!

I will go ahead and put down some money on 'shenanigans' of some sort and leave it at that for now.

The finals aren't until like next year though right? Guess we'll check in then and see!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #103 on: 19 Nov 2015, 13:00 »

Alternative theory: existential ennui.

King Khanid's been there, done that, done that other thing too, and is ready to either move on to the next big thing or retire from the field with (restored) honor.

It's been a good life. Time to go.

(Not saying that no shenanigans are in the offing, just that it wouldn't necessarily be out of character for there not to be.)
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2015, 13:02 by Aria Jenneth »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]