Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)  (Read 18971 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
It's On. (Succession Trials Details)
« on: 24 Sep 2015, 16:16 »

http://evenews24.com/2015/09/24/announcing-the-amarr-championships/

I really, really, really, really hope Khanid wins. 

KHANID II

HAIL.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
Re: It's On. (Succession Trials Details)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2015, 17:04 »

I'm just hoping he doesn't throw another tantrum if he loses.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2015, 19:17 »

I'm just hoping he doesn't throw another tantrum if he loses.

If you mean stealing 1/4 of the Navy and starting his own private parallel amarr empire ;).

He's the best PF character CCP ever come up with

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2015, 19:20 »

But good point, he would -never- agree to suicide.  I suspect two possibilities

No more suicides for heirs in general,

Or khanid clones out to his 'heir'

He'd never suicide.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2015, 15:23 »

Long live the Ardishapur Kingdom, if Khanid wins.

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2015, 20:03 »

#TeamYonis

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2015, 20:08 »

I've been trying to find a single heir to win where it'd be to the realistic benefit of the Empire and I can't find one. Every last one of them will either turn the Empire into the utter villain some of us consider it to be, to the point where others can't even argue against it or they'll make it so liberal it'll go against everything the Empire has been about.

That said, no matter who wins, I'm sure CCP will find a way to screw us over anyway even if our faction even exists by then.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2015, 22:27 »

Long live the Ardishapur Kingdom, if Khanid wins.

Well they have to get to civil war somehow right?  Maybe x heir wins and none of them suicide ;)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2015, 02:25 »

Bar Merimeth, I am not sure to see how the Empire would turn into a mustache twirling villain... Yonis is probably the most proper Amarrian you could wish for, and Uriam... Well, it's hard to tell. He is supposed to be very smart and thoughtful... Not sure what happened in Solitude besides a CCP wtf.

As for the liberals, we already had Heideran and Doriam and they were ten times more liberal than Aritcio or Catiz... Though it is eventually hard to tell because both of those really are loose cannons and hardly the most stable heirs. Catiz can either go in both directions depending on her whims and interests and Aritcio has personality troubles...

Khanid, though, could turn the Empire into a Khanid Kingdom bis. That would certainly disfigure the Empire more than all the other ones combined.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2015, 02:28 by Lyn Farel »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2015, 04:40 »

Hey, we all love how CCP just makes new PF by deus-ex-machina, no? Anyone ever wondered how exactly Khanid became elegible as Heir to the throne again?

I mean, yes, there's a Privy Council decree and TC said 'OK', too. But that's no real explanation: After all, one would think that all the other Heirs would be opposed to Khanid being eligible (one more person in the contest lowers your winning chances by statistics already, not even counting that Khanid has the advantage of being through the trials already once and having much more experience) and so would be the TC (with Khanid willfully ignoring sacred law and being a declared opponent to the TC).

So, how did this happen? Is there any internal consistency to the fiction, save for 'CCP wills it!'?

I didn't think that CCP would do it, much less in such a way where it simply plopped into existence and then was brushed over with an article that really explained nothing.

I guess I will stop involving myself in EVE RP/Storyline and rather concentrate on my Fading Suns Pen&Paper RPG group. -.-

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2015, 05:21 »

King Khanid:

refused to undertake his sworn religious duty as Heir
stole a substantial portion of the then Imperial Fleet
seceded from the Empire
actively fought against the Empire
Proclaimed himself above God and that religious law does not apply to him

And yet, he gets to contest the Imperial Throne ?

Given the above, what did he offer in return ? what could he possibly have offered to make up for the above ?

Mechanics wise, I find it difficult to believe that Shathol'Syn will be implemented.
Does Merimeth Sarum even have a portrait yet ? And for that matter, does Acassa Midular ?
The portrait generator has not worked for some time, and here we are contemplating an event that requires generation of new portraits ?

What future is there for faction-related RP, when important NPCs have blank faces ?
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 26 Sep 2015, 05:39 »

Hey, we all love how CCP just makes new PF by deus-ex-machina, no? Anyone ever wondered how exactly Khanid became elegible as Heir to the throne again?

I mean, yes, there's a Privy Council decree and TC said 'OK', too. But that's no real explanation: After all, one would think that all the other Heirs would be opposed to Khanid being eligible (one more person in the contest lowers your winning chances by statistics already, not even counting that Khanid has the advantage of being through the trials already once and having much more experience) and so would be the TC (with Khanid willfully ignoring sacred law and being a declared opponent to the TC).

So, how did this happen? Is there any internal consistency to the fiction, save for 'CCP wills it!'?

I didn't think that CCP would do it, much less in such a way where it simply plopped into existence and then was brushed over with an article that really explained nothing.

I guess I will stop involving myself in EVE RP/Storyline and rather concentrate on my Fading Suns Pen&Paper RPG group. -.-

This quote has been in Khanid II's article on EVElopedia since 2012:

"Though Khanid II has the right to attend Privy Council meetings in person, he frequently sends a delegate in his stead. This is not an uncommon occurrence among the Heirs, but it has still drawn some criticism, as the seat has only been recently granted. Similarly, the exact rights granted by the seat remain murky, with observers unsure if it grants him and his family a claim to the throne in the event of need for a future succession trials."

So it's not entirely a deus ex machina, as it's been something hinted as a possibility for years.

Also, I would imagine most of the heirs except for Yonis would have been willing to allow Khanid to participate if he promised to eliminate Shathol'Syn if he became emperor. It's even possible that Shathol'Syn itself has been already eliminated, though this is something that hasn't been communicated publicly.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2015, 05:46 by Samira Kernher »

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #12 on: 26 Sep 2015, 10:59 »

#KhanidRoyaltymatterstoo

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2015, 13:52 »

So it's not entirely a deus ex machina, as it's been something hinted as a possibility for years.

That's still no explanation. It's still something happening without any (at least apparent) reason intrinsic to the story. I doubt we will ever get an explanation for it, too. Though I'm sure that CCP could give one ex post, if they'd really bother they'd have given reasons and explanations beforehand.

What was hinted at is the unclear situation - not the solution to the problem by 'poof the PC and TC say so!'.

It's still a rather unexpected (storywise, not so unexpected given CCP's wishes), sudden and abrupt resolution by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event to an otherwise seemingly unsolvable problem. So, in my book this is pretty much the picture-book definition of a 'deus-ex-machina'.

Also, I would imagine most of the heirs except for Yonis would have been willing to allow Khanid to participate if he promised to eliminate Shathol'Syn if he became emperor. It's even possible that Shathol'Syn itself has been already eliminated, though this is something that hasn't been communicated publicly.
It's not like they need Khanid to eleminate Shathol'Syn, though. If that was the barganing chip, they could just as well remove it themselves - even if Ardishapur was against it. It's part of the succession trials anayway and is thus in a way prior to the new Emperor being established.
So, that's not at all a good reason for any of the Heir's to allow Khanid in, in my book. Even less so if it already is eliminated.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2015, 13:54 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2015, 14:31 »

The main issue with CCP to my eyes seems to be that their GMs seem to have a fine storyline set up but often forget that they know all the intricacies of it while the players don't. I mean, stuff like Uriam storming in Solitude for example, might have a perfectly decent reason and explanation, but we the players, will probably never know because someone forgot that yes, we are not privy to that. Our characters may not, but as the audience of the story, it would be fine someday to eventually discover why, or else we end up in a succession of situations like Nico said, are a bit wtf.

Though of course, reading Falcon on slack, apparently, even themselves have no clue either most of the time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7