Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Help plan Nikita's future alliance  (Read 7021 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Help plan Nikita's future alliance
« on: 20 Jun 2010, 14:58 »

So I want to start an Angel Cartel themed RP alliance sort of along the same lines as Veto, with one main corp. I'd love if someone (verone) wanted so share some secrets on how to achieve that, how to find members.

On that note, I need an alliance name, there is already a sort of distinct feel to the Angels, and I don't want to destroy that, so I wanted to come up with a cool sounding alliance name that is true to fiction, and it, with that in mind I've come up with a sort of starting point to work off of when coming up with a name for the alliance, so here is my rough brainstorming:

Angel Song
Clarity Angels
Paradigm Angels
Black Angels
Shadow Angels
Dream Angels
Serenity Angels
Whitewash
Backdraft
Clarity Trace
Tranquility
Felicity
Serendipity
Storm Rise
Clearcast

these are just ideas to get a discussion started, I want to come up with something cool, so lets brainstorm
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

The Cosmopolite

• Lord of Misrule
  • Wetgraver
    • eve-chatsubo OOC Forums
Re: Help plan Nikita's future alliance
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2010, 15:21 »

The Angel Cartel 'sections' are in part based on classes of angels from the various angelic hierachies (for eg. Dominions -> Dominations) so you could adapt something from them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels

For example, following your brainstorming.

Black Virtues
Tranquil Powers
Dreaming Thrones

Just a thought.

Cosmo

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2010, 17:08 »

The Angel Cartel 'sections' are in part based on classes of angels from the various angelic hierachies (for eg. Dominions -> Dominations) so you could adapt something from them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels

For example, following your brainstorming.

Black Virtues
Tranquil Powers
Dreaming Thrones

Just a thought.

Cosmo

Very interesting read, thanks.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2010, 18:04 »

This is going to sound mean:

What is the point of having the alliance?

Do you intend to claim space?  Are you attempting to consolidate wardecs?

What mechanical benefits does the alliance structure give you?  What will these corporations give up to do so?

Would it be beneficial to just have loosely associated corporations instead of an official alliance?

I think these are all important questions, otherwise you are wasting isk.  Just look at some alliances; they are smaller in manpower than good corps.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2010, 18:22 »

Although I agree with orange's practical questions and would like to hear answers to them, if Nikita wants to make an alliance, then that's what she wants to do.

My brainstorming thought: Apotheosis Paradigm [DEIFY] -- could be your central corp or the alliance itself

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2010, 18:23 »

I like Cosmos idea. It is an interesting read, and I was planning on using it when/if I got around to forming my own corp. Ill work on some names and post em when I have something.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2010, 18:32 »

This is going to sound mean:

What is the point of having the alliance?

Do you intend to claim space?  Are you attempting to consolidate wardecs?

What mechanical benefits does the alliance structure give you?  What will these corporations give up to do so?

Would it be beneficial to just have loosely associated corporations instead of an official alliance?

I think these are all important questions, otherwise you are wasting isk.  Just look at some alliances; they are smaller in manpower than good corps.

I want to have a pretty logo, be able to go in the alliance tourney, and I want to be able to claim space

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2010, 18:35 »

I want to have a pretty logo

Totally legit.  Supported +1

Edit: Wait, the alliance logos have been broken for ages...  :ugh:

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2010, 22:35 »

Abyssal Aerie.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2010, 23:00 »

If you don't mind the extra cost, owning an alliance is worth it just to make it 24 instead of 48 hours to wardeck somebody. No voting \o/

CCP may want you to get 150 active members before they will let you have an alliance logo.

Shameless plug: I have an alt who makes alliances. Extra cheap rates since you are a kewl RPer.  ;)
I has many references n stuff. Unless you don't mind spending a couple months training empire control 5.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2010, 06:20 »

Yep, you will need the amount of members and time active before you can have your logo, I tried to ask nicely but CCP is immune to my charms and sticks to their rules  :cry:

As for a corp and alliance, Ghost Festival / Naraka draws upon Buddhist traditions (is what you get with Achurans and half-Achurans in charge :P). You could draw upon your own character to go with a theme, if you wish to continue with keeping that part of your RP that is.

You could also look at what activities you will be involved in: Naraka combined combat with industry in equal measures. Stillwater focusses on combat, and does exploration too, not sure if the latter is officially part of the repertoire though? Casiella is working on some project which is industry / exploration in nulsec. Pick a name suiting to what you will be doing.

One last thing you could go with is where your niche will be. All of the previously listed corps are different and fill their own niche. A successful corporation will try to fill one that is either unique or under-represented. Do I need a niche, you ask? Well, you could start very generic and go from there, but having a niche will aid in forming your vision, two things vital for corporate survival. In fact, if you were a real business and had to wrote a business plan (which you need to present to a bank to get starter funds) vision and niche are required to be written down. Mind you, that is a starting point though, if you notice along the line that things do not work out then -- just as in real life -- you can review your business plan.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2010, 11:48 »

Myrr: I'm not really sure what specific niche I want to fill, other then to be a major angel alliance, something that people can see on the sov map, and recognize by name dropping.

Also some additional names for namestorming:
Future Tense
Future Shock
Sunrise
Moonrise
Shadow Aspect

Aodha Khan

« Reply #12 on: 23 Jun 2010, 02:36 »

You might want to check out channel ´Angel Cartel´ for other pilots allied with the Cartel.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2010, 03:39 »

Holding sov / 0.0 is a niche not filled so far, so there you go, you've found yours  :D

Also why is there an Angel Cartel channel and I didn't know about it / am not in it.  :eek:

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Aodha Khan

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jun 2010, 06:28 »

Myr..

1. It was created after you joined Veto?
2. You didnt pay enough attention to Stillwater signatures?
3. You didnt get an invite yet due to not working/communicating with other Angel pilot corps?

Nikita

1. Expand Angel Cartel space (similar to Providence, Amarr).
2. A pirate corp/alliance which actually has positive standings to its faction.
3. A pirate corp/alliance which actually considers enemies of its faction its own enemies.
4. A pirate corp/alliance which lives inside its factions space.

Corners are always cut, sacrifices made for an easier form of gameplay which really makes the current groups just like any other non-RP corp/alliance. Option 1 and 4 are really difficult but points 2 and 3 are just RP basics imo. As far as I am aware there are no pirate faction groups which do any of the above.
Pages: [1] 2 3