Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gradient (GRD) is an independent elite capsuleer unit affiliated with the Minmatar Republic?  Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help plan Nikita's future alliance  (Read 7022 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Help plan Nikita's future alliance
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jun 2010, 06:44 »

4 isn't too bad, I'm trying to work on that. 2 is taking a while /o\ but... yeah. It can be rough.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jun 2010, 06:59 »

The thing Aodha that makes it really difficult to do what you suggest is that, in order to have anywhere near the numbers needed to support a large 0.0 alliance, you can't rely simply on RPers, there just aren't enough of us. Maybe it will change with Incarna, but I said maybe it will change with Empyrean Age and it really didn't, it just legitimized the current RPers.

So with people who don't give a damn about RPing making up at least a third of the alliance on a good day, probably more, there will be people ratting, so it makes more sense fiction wise to be in someone elses backyard, Probably Sansha's. The other problem is that there is no way to gain legitimacy within a group like this, there is no way to build a power base. RP alliances are always smaller then normal ones, and trying to do ANYTHING in the south means either bluing up or going single handily against the entire southern bloc. In 0.0 politics, you really can't just do your own thing, cause as soon as you start to get uppity, the kids with the bigger sandcastles will come stomp yours back into the dust.

With that in mind however, there are still things I could do, I could blue up with the Southern Bloc, ignore RPing and let them go attack rats that are presumably my comrades with gleeful abandon. I could pick a target that could be held by my group on its own, and slowly pushing outward from there, trying really hard to avoid Jenga-ing the entire Southern Coalition down on top of me.
Or I could do what VETO does, have a smaller alliance of entirely loyal RPers and live out of NPC 0.0.

with all that in mind, I'm glad this discussion is going on, and its helpful, but the original point of this post was to come up with an Alliance name, and I still need help doing that.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Aodha Khan

« Reply #17 on: 23 Jun 2010, 07:24 »

With that in mind however, there are still things I could do, I could blue up with the Southern Bloc, ignore RPing and let them go attack rats that are presumably my comrades with gleeful abandon. I could pick a target that could be held by my group on its own, and slowly pushing outward from there, trying really hard to avoid Jenga-ing the entire Southern Coalition down on top of me.
Or I could do what VETO does, have a smaller alliance of entirely loyal RPers and live out of NPC 0.0.

with all that in mind, I'm glad this discussion is going on, and its helpful, but the original point of this post was to come up with an Alliance name, and I still need help doing that.

VETO lives in NPC 0.0?  :eek: Since when?

I lived in Curse for about 8 months recently until GF collapsed. It was fine for me (T3) but in terms of bringing in new pilots it would also be very difficult, hampering corp growth. Think a few palms would have to be greased to actually live there and grow a corp. (mainly Cursed alliance)

Out of interest, have you spoken to any of the other Angel groups yet about this alliance?

Now back to names.... :bash:

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 23 Jun 2010, 08:37 »

Just my contribution: naming a group can present challenges for the, um, OCD among us (/me waves guiltily). But defining a purpose and planning presents far more significant challenges, and by focusing on the superficial details, you run the risk of dooming the project to a death spiral. Which, to be clear, would be a shame here.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jun 2010, 08:53 »

Fairly sure VETO aren't based in NPC 0.0. In fact, they're kinda my neighbours.  :P

Anyway, as Cas mentioned above, there's really not much point in forming an alliance (It really is quite a lot of ISK) If you don't have a good Idea of what you want to do with it.

Ideas are fantastic, but you need goals too.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jun 2010, 11:27 »

Yeah, we do not live in nulsec. We occasionally visit people in nulsec and pee in their cereals, sure but no, we live quite happily in Sinq Laison for the time being :3

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jun 2010, 12:13 »

What we label loyalism and role-play is a double-edged sword and in the eyes of the beholder. It's an ancient old discussion and there's been huge flame wars and forum fights over what exactly is right (please don't start one out of this).

The problem lies within this:

* Is one an RPer because he or she does or does not have corp or faction standings?
* Should one live in the space of the faction or not?
* Should one follow ingame standings yes or no?
* ect.

And then, the most daunting question of them all, what does make someone an RPer? If I recruit a bunch of people willing to operate by the corp's rules and respect that IC channels are IC, does that make my corp a roleplaying corp? Or are my members only roleplayers if I make them all undergo IC interviews and force them to be IC in corp chat? Where is that magical border between RP or not RP and who gets to say what is what? And why should it even be so black and white, and not some shades of grey?

Anyway, Niki, if you're going 0.0 then I think you need a name that goes with that, not really seeing a suitable candidate so far, although Future Shock does sound neat.

Aodha, guess I am guilty of not paying attention then. The fact I am in Veto is irrelevant though, unlike popular belief I am still 100% Cartel loyal. So yeah, guess I'll get in the channel then, don't really expect people coming to me, out of sight is out of heart and all that even when not intended to be so :P

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 23 Jun 2010, 12:26 »

The channel is usually fairly quiet -- frequently me, Nakatre, and one or two others. But I won't take this too far afield. :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2010, 17:43 »

I am taking your advice so yeah, however, I do still want the alliance, so moar names for the name god:

Clearwater
Air
Poisonwood
Stillborn
Black Magic
Dark Water
Ghost Dancers
Despairia
Inquisition
Hysteria
Ghost Syndicate
The Dreamers
The Rainmakers
Witch Cult
High Angels

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2010, 18:43 »

I still want to push "Abyssal Aerie", in case it got overlooked the first time.  :P

"Abyssal" referring to the void of space, and "Aerie" meaning an eagle's nest or perch, though it could easily be seen as referring to angels rather than eagles.

Plus, it has that grimdark feeling I think you're aiming for.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2010, 21:32 »

Idk Nata, its just that it doesn't sound like a group. It sounds like a location. So....yeah.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:15 »

Think grand, start small.

Very small. No need to worry about lots of aspects yet.

Build a working corp first before you build the alliance. Dream about the names, but put your energy into building stuff for the here and now.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:53 »

What Merdaneth said really, concentrate first on the corporation. Build it solid and hammer it out and on that foundation construct the Alliance template. When you know the direction and tone of the corporation it's much easier to build the Alliance image on it.

On those latest names a a lot sound something Stillwater or PRETA (well obviously they have Naraka, but still) might use, and some of them sound like gothband names. Before going with something that just sounds really cool, why not take a look at the Angel mythologies and see if there'd be something to suit you vision and perhaps would be governing style.

I see you got "Digital Warrior" in your title, now let us assume information gathering is what you wish to do IC, knowledge is power and all that. Let's pick up a caste of Angels from the lore that are the keepers of knowledge, the Cherubim. Now let us assume it is as you wish to hold your territory you wish to signal that on that territory it is you and your inner circle that holds the power, slap on the name Dominion. And we have;

Cherubim Dominion

Now that conveys several meanings an ideas of the IC style of rule and aspirations of the alliance. It also gives a certain satisfaction that you have a ready figured out and basis for the name, other than just "It sounded cool, lol".

Hopefully this suggestion helps or at least gives something to ponder on <3

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun 2010, 18:49 »

* Myrhial Arkenath wholeheartedly agrees with Vince's post

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jun 2010, 21:21 »

Wow this things got busy. The Angel Cartel channel is pretty quiet, but the more the merrier.  :D

I agree with Merd about starting small then getting larger from there. One of these days Im probably gonna start my own Angel Cartel corp, and if/when it happens I would definately be down for joining a Cartel aligned alliance. I think that it may be better to build up your corp for a while.

Not everyone in the corp has to RP either. A few people from my former and current(though I havent been in it long enough to be definitive about it) corps dont RP in channels so much as they like the ideals of the faction the corp they are in is aligned with. Being in an RP corp does give them the chance to engage in a little RP if they feel up to it and also to to what they enjoy in EVE(PVP or otherwise).

Also its not a bad idea to reach out to the other corps and people that RP Cartel loyalties and also Serpentis as well(looks at Milo) since the cartel and Serpentis have a working relationship it stands to reason that RPers would be at least open to something simmilar. As mentioned Stillwater is Cartel aligned and I still see some people from Ghost festival online on occasion that havent left yet.

Edit: I really like the name Abyssal Aeire. So, if you dont want it I may just stick it on an alt to get it. for future plans.  :D
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2010, 21:25 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: 1 [2] 3