Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Author Topic: Internet Waterships: World of Warships thread  (Read 1603 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Internet Waterships: World of Warships thread
« on: 09 Aug 2015, 21:06 »

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been thrown up yet.

So, World of Warships is now in open beta, and a fair number of us have been faffing around with it. Let's have some discussion:
- Favorite (and least favorite) hulls: What some good ships to aim for?
- Tactics for specific hulls: Do not do this!
- Tactics for specific maps: You will die if you go here.
- What to do and not do: General tactics.
- Ingame names and stuff.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Internet Waterships: World of Warships thread
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2015, 05:39 »

I should ban you for not using Shootyships or Blappyboats.

In all seriousness:
- I'm having fun in destroyers and some of the cruisers. Only got a hold of a battleship for the first time last night. Didn't enjoy it much but that might just be the Stockholm syndrome not having set in yet.
- Username is Morwen_Lagann so I'm easy to find.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2015, 06:10 »

Takeiteasymon. Add me!!

Dessies by far my favorite, and I'm doing USA only which means I get the worst destroyers.  I spam local chat with "WITNESS MEEEEE" as I do suicide runs ;)

I've had a lot of fun with the aircraft carriers but its a different game. Least fun with battleships!

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2015, 23:05 »

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been thrown up yet.

So, World of Warships is now in open beta, and a fair number of us have been faffing around with it. Let's have some discussion:
- Favorite (and least favorite) hulls: What some good ships to aim for?
- Tactics for specific hulls: Do not do this!
- Tactics for specific maps: You will die if you go here.
- What to do and not do: General tactics.
- Ingame names and stuff.

IGN: Korsavius

-I'm still pretty new...my favorite ship thus far is the Kuma hands down. Love that beast. My short-term goal battleship-wise is the Kongo. I plan on going all the way up to tier X for cruisers and destroyers. Not too interested in carrier gameplay. Not sure how far up I want to go for battleships. I sail only IJN for now.

-DON'T: Launch torps if friends are ahead of you, no matter how ****ing clear it might seem to do so. Just don't.
DO: Kill bitches. Get XP.

-Too lazy to answer the other questions atm lelz
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2015, 13:28 »

I enjoy carriers and the RTS style gameplay they provide. But damn it is a pain in the ass to go grind through the battleships.

I haven't played the USN carriers and only got to the 2nd IJN carrier but what I can say is that:

• Torpedo bombers are the most useful aircrafts you have as they are the ones that can wreck enemy ships. Dive bombers can also do decent damage but not as much as torps
  • Figthers are great for disrupting enemy carriers and I find it super fun to fight over air supiority. Just beware that shooting down aircrafts doesn't give much XP.
  • Even if there isn't any enemy aircrafts to chase, you can still use your figthers as scouts. Being able to chase enemy destroyers and keep them spotted so they can't sneak up on your friends is a great help
  • IJN carriers got squads with 4 aircrafts while USN got 6 in their squads but in return they got more squads.
  • IJN carriers tend to be more focused towards bombers while USN tend to have stronger figthers. But at late tiers the role can reverse as IJN carriers can get enough figthers to swarm USN figthers and USN carriers can get more torp bombers than they are used to
  • Have your aircrafts take a detour to and from your carrier so your enemy can't directly use their trajectory to find you
  • By using ALT you can do manual drops against enemy ships so when you get better at it you can make it really hard for them to avoid it.

I hope it helps if you decide to play carrier.

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2015, 14:41 »

Are Flags still only something you have to pay RL$ for? Or can you use common in-game currency?
When news of the item first trickled out, there was a lot of noise in the forums about P2W and Flags.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2015, 15:59 »

Flags are currently given out as rewards for achievements during matches.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.