Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: MUH CONFERENCE (Drifters, Bodies, and Hacks Oh My)  (Read 13922 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: MUH CONFERENCE (Drifters, Bodies, and Hacks Oh My)
« Reply #30 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:24 »

what is slack
It's a technological alternative to the telepathy a lot of people seem to expect the CCP folks to have.

what does it do
\o/

Anskek

« Reply #31 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:26 »

what is slack
It's a technological alternative to the telepathy a lot of people seem to expect the CCP folks to have.

what does it do

It let's you chat like an IRC with a jabber interface. How is this hard to understand.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #32 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:27 »

what is slack

what does it do

It let's you chat like an IRC with a jabber interface. How is this hard to understand.

i don't know irc or jabber.
\o/

Anskek

« Reply #33 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:28 »

Google them.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #34 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:37 »

vOv

you say get on slack.

about as useful as saying 'get on twitter' and not saying what twitters you should be looking at.

vOv
\o/

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #35 on: 24 Apr 2015, 16:49 »

All.The.Twitters. Allahu Akbar

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #36 on: 24 Apr 2015, 17:09 »

Good work all involved! Especially Kyber for flying the AWEX- flag, but all of you did a sterling job getting this to press.

I'd be jealous if I wasn't already proud of the effort you all put in.

*Continues grinding away on my holographic hardware treatise to explain what a photonic processor is*

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #37 on: 24 Apr 2015, 19:09 »

Quite cool stuff. :)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 24 Apr 2015, 21:06 »

vOv

you say get on slack.

about as useful as saying 'get on twitter' and not saying what twitters you should be looking at.

vOv

I would guess they're talking about about the Tweetfleet slack.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #39 on: 24 Apr 2015, 23:52 »

We used a large amount of IRL resources and knowledge in our fields to make this as close to realistic as possible. There's enough wiggle room for CCP to make a story, but enough solid factual science in it to not seem like derp fantasy. We essentially said, if we had no limitations IRL and we needed to build a Drifter like being for a task, how would we do it?

I work closely with the National Institutes of Health in the USA along with a lot of drug and medical device companies. I have access to plenty of research. Miz and Kalo are both pre-Med. Kyber is just vastly intelligent in all things mechanical, process, and logic. This combined allowed us to make a realistic and strong analysis.

You guys did a really great job at it, very high quality scifi )))) 
Work left no chance of being a part of actual event but the document was really cool to read and even cooler to see you guys in video  :D :D :D

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2015, 01:34 »

Neat.

And yeah, usually just emailing CCP folks can get boulders rolling, depending who you are.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 25 Apr 2015, 02:24 »

Where can the report be found ?

Also seriously, why so caustic with all the answers ? I'm seriously trying to see how you usually contact CCP for that kind of things, and what kind of material they expect also (or if you have to be someone special or whatever). It's not like it's obvious at the first glimpse you know.

Hell if I know their email work addresses, since I don't use tweetshit or whatever... :/

The foremost thing I want to know is why the flying fuck is the DED cooperating with Blood Raiders and Sansha without a single word on it?  :psyccp:

Either they didn't bother to check, or either for them it's just freelance capsuleers claiming this or that loyalty but that's it.

Though ofc if said capsuleers are in the habit to work for pirate agents and the likes, yeah... Well. CONCORD never made a lot of sense to begin with.

Senpai has in fact noticed you~
Making Scope Senpai proud.

But seriously we just wanted the story to move and people to have fun. Love me or hate me, I don't give a fuck. I just hope people enjoy the content and have fun and run with it to make more content. A snow ball effect.

Slack is an IRC with a jabber interface.

Personally I like the thing. It provides content, even if i'm really not into their drifter deus ex machina thingy.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2015, 02:29 by Lyn Farel »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #42 on: 25 Apr 2015, 04:20 »

Where can the report be found ?

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/news/2015/GameWorld/Autopsy_Report_6608491108.pdf
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/news/2015/GameWorld/Medical_Report_6608491108.pdf

there seems to be 2 slightly different ones.

I would guess they're talking about about the Tweetfleet slack.

guessing doesn't really help. Also how does it even work, wrt character names and stuff ? Maybe you'd want to send stuff from 2 different characters or something ?

still grates a bit. What happened to the faction contacts ? why is an out-of-character-out-of-game tool needed, to disseminate IC interaction and information ?
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #43 on: 25 Apr 2015, 04:53 »

Thanks !

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 25 Apr 2015, 09:03 »

Personally I like the thing. It provides content, even if i'm really not into their drifter deus ex machina thingy.

Just a note: a proper deus ex machina shows up to fix things with a wave of its benevolent hand.

An ancient, powerful enemy that shows up to maybe obliterate you with the technologies of a lost civilization is usually called something else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6