Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: MUH CONFERENCE (Drifters, Bodies, and Hacks Oh My)  (Read 13923 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: MUH CONFERENCE (Drifters, Bodies, and Hacks Oh My)
« Reply #15 on: 24 Apr 2015, 13:35 »

Nice.

I always wondered though, how player get to be chosen for that ? Is it done by CCP reading what is said on the IGS or something ? Private mailing lists ? A'J stuff ? Players contacting dev actors ?

Anslo got the idea to make the first report (visual analysis of drifter implants). When it was released we were asked by CCP to do a 2nd report. So if you can make a detailed analysis of something and it suits CCP's direction of the lore you may end up in same situation :)

In our case we had an extensive pool of knowledge as Anslo mentioned.

Was the report sent to CCP ? A dev actor ? Published on the IGS ? Somewhere else ?

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #16 on: 24 Apr 2015, 13:45 »

Nice.

I always wondered though, how player get to be chosen for that ? Is it done by CCP reading what is said on the IGS or something ? Private mailing lists ? A'J stuff ? Players contacting dev actors ?

Anslo got the idea to make the first report (visual analysis of drifter implants). When it was released we were asked by CCP to do a 2nd report. So if you can make a detailed analysis of something and it suits CCP's direction of the lore you may end up in same situation :)

In our case we had an extensive pool of knowledge as Anslo mentioned.

Was the report sent to CCP ? A dev actor ? Published on the IGS ? Somewhere else ?

Both reports have been sent to CCP before they were published. It was Anslo who did all the communnication with CCP so he knows the whole process better than I. But I believe he has been in touch with Falcon and Affinity through the tweetfleet slack.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 24 Apr 2015, 13:52 »

Ah ok. So we have to buddy them through social networks.  8)

Anskek

« Reply #18 on: 24 Apr 2015, 13:53 »

No. Anyone in this thing can enter and talk to CCP and give feedback. It's a community thing. Let's not spin it like only a select few get access and that CCP is biased. Get on slack, submit an idea. If it's solid, then yay.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 24 Apr 2015, 14:04 »

No, what I mean, is how do I submit the idea without having to buddying them on social networks, or just go through social networks ? Just out of curiosity, not that I have anything to submit right now...

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #20 on: 24 Apr 2015, 14:08 »

You can just send them an email to their work emails. It should be @ccpgames.com if I remember correctly.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 24 Apr 2015, 14:49 »

The foremost thing I want to know is why the flying fuck is the DED cooperating with Blood Raiders and Sansha without a single word on it?  :psyccp:
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #22 on: 24 Apr 2015, 14:52 »

No. Anyone in this thing can enter and talk to CCP and give feedback. It's a community thing. Let's not spin it like only a select few get access and that CCP is biased. Get on slack, submit an idea. If it's solid, then yay.

what is slack
\o/

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:06 »

The foremost thing I want to know is why the flying fuck is the DED cooperating with Blood Raiders and Sansha without a single word on it?  :psyccp:
Because who else to know more about blood and implants than some really fucked up scientists, I don't know? Just was a fun community project >.>

Anskek

« Reply #24 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:11 »

Because who else to know more about blood and implants than some really fucked up scientists, I don't know? Just was a fun community project >.>

Not empty quoting. Desperate times. Desperate measures.

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:15 »

Senpai has in fact noticed you~
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Anskek

« Reply #26 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:16 »

Senpai has in fact noticed you~
Making Scope Senpai proud.

But seriously we just wanted the story to move and people to have fun. Love me or hate me, I don't give a fuck. I just hope people enjoy the content and have fun and run with it to make more content. A snow ball effect.

Slack is an IRC with a jabber interface.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #27 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:16 »

what is slack
\o/

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:19 »

what is slack
It's a technological alternative to the telepathy a lot of people seem to expect the CCP folks to have.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #29 on: 24 Apr 2015, 15:23 »

Said "Raider" and "Sansha" are actually undercover DED agents.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6