Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Minmatar-Caldari Friendship Organization - Gauging Interest  (Read 6897 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

The purpose of this thread is to find out if people find the idea of an organization advocating greater Minmatar-Caldari cooperation interesting (either as a proponent or opponent) and see if there would be folks interested in participating on whichever side of that kind of RP. As has been observed in various quarters, sometimes the existing dynamics between factions can get old and this seems like it would be a largely untapped direction (though if anyone is already engaged in this type of RP I'd be thrilled to hear about it). Since there is currently enmity between the Caldari and Minmatar, it has conflict without being quite so absolute as, say, slavery. There's a bit of room to work with.

While there would certainly be a corporation to sort of 'anchor' things, participation would not require joining. For those in the corporation, we might do things like PvP a bit in handy low sec, possibly see what opportunities rumored 4-way fac war brings, propaganda (obviously), and perhaps even find shadier things to do - it really depends on if it ends up being more of a prop for RP or if people are actually interested in joining and doing the PvP thing.

For folks who don't join there would be plenty of opportunities to interact, maybe join in some of the corp activities, plus events like meet and greet type stuff to foster relationships between the sides and of course the requisite chat channels. Of course, there should be plenty of opportunity to be in opposition also, though we will have to see if we have the people to actually conduct wars in a useful way.

This isn't really a thread for discussion of the merits of the idea of Minmatar-Caldari cooperation itself. In fact, the idea is that the creation of such an organization would be the catalyst for such discussions, so we can do that then (or start a different thread). However, some of the points that we might start the conversation (and/or violent conflict) with are things like:

• The State historically has a manpower shortage, and is still currently the empire with the lowest population, while the Republic has whatever the opposite of a manpower shortage is.
  • There are certain historical similarities, fighting as the underdog against the subjugation of a larger power for their existence.
  • The spreading influence of Gallente culture on their respective societies may be another point of similarity. Or at least could be played up.  :yar:
  • On the Caldari side, there have to be some who aren't happy about the loans accepted by the State from the Empire. Building a better relationship with the Republic is a natural counterweight in case the Empire tries to exert that leverage in an unacceptable way. (For the reclaiming-wary).

And that's just to begin with! And yes, none of these are precisely bullet proof. But if they were that wouldn't be very interesting.

So, what I'm looking for here is just if anyone would find this to be something they'd like to be involved with (on whatever level). Could also use suggestions for a name!
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2015, 23:39 by Silver Night »

Lyn Farel

It has already been done a few times actually, sometimes with relative success (ask Stitcher or the other ones involved in it), sometimes with relative failure (ask I-RED). Which in every case, was beneficial RP wise I guess ?

If you do this I pledge to resurrect the Girani-Fa agreements and do a gallente-amarr advocation. Cause that has never been done. :P

Arkon Sarain

• Egger

I am not sure of whether it would be appropriate or possible for Arkon (& the Tribunal) to get involved with this, but if it is you better believe we will be! :D

Regardless of that though I think it is always good to see RP that seeks to model a deep and realistic intergalactic society that isn't locked into the set allegiances that are forced upon us by gameplay mechanics. So consider me an OOC supporter even if IC I can't get involved (though I hope I can find a way to get involved IC too *puts on his thinking hat*). :D

Letos

It sounds very interesting. Two things come to my mind in addition to the possible topics above *brainstorm on*:

Caldari corporations have the need to find a way into the jungle of the Minmatar tribe and family system in order to expand into Minmatar's economy. Something like developing a cultural specific PR and negotiation strategy ("The Complete Caldari Business Guide to Minmatar"  :D ).

Another thing is the great gap between a society built on family, tribal structures, and legacy on one hand. And a tube children society on the other hand (41% of all Caldari are born in laboratories?). I havn't thought that through, but it sounds intriguing to me. Could lead to some fundamental issues in both nations' relationship.

Anyway, my character could and would most likely participate in such Caldari-Minmatar related things. But I wouldn't join a corporation dedicated to this topic.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Considering Kala's current corporation, I would be somewhat interested in this.

:grrr Angels:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

Given Pieter's history of Caldari outreach into all the things, I would be interested in participating.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images

Anskek

Given Pieter's history of Caldari outreach into all the things, I would be interested in participating.

Ooooh so that's what you call it.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2015, 11:14 by Anskek »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I don't recall this working out with the Amarr in the end. Or was it Sebiestor in that case?

* Morwen Lagann flees! . . . . . . . . . \o\
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anskek

I don't recall this working out with the Amarr in the end. Or was it Sebiestor in that case?

Aaaayyyyyyy

* Anskek high-fives Morwen as they flee past him.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver

Would be interesting to keep together with how caldari would sell minmatar goods with one hand then sell khanid tcmcs with the other.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Would be interesting to keep together with how caldari would sell minmatar goods with one hand then sell khanid tcmcs with the other.

sell TCMCs to the Khanid, sell TCMC removal services/products to the Minmatar.

Then sell improved TCMCs to the Khanid.

there's a Philip K. Dick story with this kind of thing in it.

Travelling salesmen sort of thing. A colony is having problems with self-replicating mechanical rodents eating the crops. A travelling salesman happens by, with a somewhat expensive, but just affordable, mechanical rodent trap, yaay, the colony is saved. But oh noes! the mechanical rodents have adapted! the traps are useless! Well, isn't it lucky that another travelling salesman happens by, with a more capable mechanical rodent trap. Lucky indeed, though this trap is quite expensive...
\o/

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Aldy would be rather against this for obvious reasons. Unless, of course, the Caldari pressured the Republic to sue for peace with the Empire.

Anskek

Unless, of course, the Caldari pressured the Republic to sue for peace with the Empire.

Wait...is that a thing?

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

Both. Actually, his Empire outreach is doing quite well - except for the fanatics at PIE. Decorated Imperial war hero and all that...

Minnie outreach used to be, basically, Kyllsa projects - so that's died a death with Ava's retreat into the snow. Still, hoping that some RPers feel that a mutual congratulation society by friends is less fun than trying to find a point of 'least pain' with nominal enemies.

Frenemies?
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2015, 14:33 by Pieter Tuulinen »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4