Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Minmatar-Caldari Friendship Organization - Gauging Interest  (Read 6901 times)

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images

It's very much possible though. I remember reading Herko Kerghan's Cold Noodles on EON #6. I can't find my copy of the magazine anymore. ;__;

Lyn Farel

Liam would be...more-or-less opposed to this sort of thing, as it would be a problem for the Federation but also because he suspects the Minmatar and Caldari will not get on quite as well as they might think.

Let's resurrect Girani-Fa accords like the ebil imperialists we are ! With Quafe we Reclaim, yo.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

I haven't actually read the OP, but based on the thread's title, may I point out that I've been saying for AGES that the Caldari and Minmatar are better, more appropriate natural allies than the Minmatar and Gallente?

If you, Silver, put together something along these lines, I would be very interested, indeed.  And most of Havo's shit is in Jita already, too.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

I would disagree with that assessment, but that's a valid point to make.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

I haven't actually read the OP, but based on the thread's title, may I point out that I've been saying for AGES that the Caldari and Minmatar are better, more appropriate natural allies than the Minmatar and Gallente?

If you, Silver, put together something along these lines, I would be very interested, indeed.  And most of Havo's shit is in Jita already, too.

I agree, based simply on the fact that the Tribes would love an ally that had no interest in telling them how to build their society and that the Caldari are massively isolationist themselves and don't understand/approve of cultures who are otherwise.

That said...

For some reason the Empires are paired with one huge and dominant culture and one smaller and isolationist culture. The Empire and the Federation are MUCH larger and more powerful than the State and Republic (I get that the Republic has a high population, but it doesn't really use those people well).

For that reason, I've always thought, a State / Republic partnership would get curbstomped by an Empire/Federation partnership - if the Empire and Federation could ever stop arguing about which values they were exporting long enough to actually do anything!

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger

Empire vs Federation vs Republic and State in a 3-way?   Could get even more interesting if you had the Intaki Syndicate, Khanid Kingdom, and Ammatar Mandate also decided to poke at the Fed and Empire.   If the Caldari convinced the Khanid to abolish slavery all together they'd maybe win enough points in the republic to convince the Minmatar to form a coalition with the State and Syndicate and a NAP with the Khanid.   The Caldari might also have a second Coalition with the Khanid and maybe the Mandate?

Didn't the Starkmanir thing show that the Mandate wasn't as loyal to the Amarr as once thought?  I don't know much about them.

The Ammatar have been in a constant state of warfare with the Minmatar Republic since their inception, especially as both sides have expanded considerably over the past decades. The Republic historically had the upper hand, but in recent years the Ammatar have begun an aggressive campaign. It's been rumored they were given assistance by the Caldari in exchange for mineral rights....the more pressing issue that cuts to the very heart of the Ammatar identity - namely the revelation that the original defection was blessed by the Minmatar Elders so that the Nefantar could protect the remnants of the Starkmanir tribe...Traditional education in the region has always focused on teaching the value of the Amarr way of life and the Ammatars' privileged place at their side, and the news that their beliefs about the noble origins of the Mandate may be entirely false have been a crushing blow to the morale of many citizens.

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2015, 15:56 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Lyn Farel

The current Mandate now is nothing more than an ardishapurite extension. In all but name it's already part of one the 5.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

If the Caldari convinced the Khanid to abolish slavery all together they'd maybe win enough points in the republic to convince the Minmatar to form a coalition with the State and Syndicate and a NAP with the Khanid.

As far as I remember, you've more chance of convincing the Empire proper to give up slavery - the Kingdom embraces an expansion of slavery and slavery for purely economic reasons.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger

Also since the Intaki on Intaki prime make up only a small part of the Intaki pop, if they seceded it would not mean any of the character creation for the Gallente would have to be changed.   

With military and financial support as well as immigration from the State, Republic, Mandate, Syndicate and Kingdom - Intaki Prime could create for themselves a nice little nation-state  in the Viriette constellation and Syndicate region.

Expanding FW into null sec Syndicate could also be an interesting angle for CCP to try. 
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2015, 16:15 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger

If the Caldari convinced the Khanid to abolish slavery all together they'd maybe win enough points in the republic to convince the Minmatar to form a coalition with the State and Syndicate and a NAP with the Khanid.

As far as I remember, you've more chance of convincing the Empire proper to give up slavery - the Kingdom embraces an expansion of slavery and slavery for purely economic reasons.

Yes, but that's the reason the Caldari could do it.   It's not ideological, it's about the money and if the Caldari could show them the right spreadsheets the Khanid might give it up.
You are RPing wrong.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

Guys, you mustn't forget that while the Caldari values merit, the Minmatar values blood. I am sure that the Caldari won't be thrilled when a manager or an executive in the joint corp is slightly less qualified than all the other candidates but was put there because his brother is an executive himself.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2015, 20:08 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Anyanka Funk

Aren't there already Caldari zaibatsu?

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

Caldari Zaibatsu. I doubt the Caldari likes it when some other culture tries to challenge their monopoly on their Zaibatsu.

Anyanka Funk

Caldari Zaibatsu. I doubt the Caldari likes it when some other culture tries to challenge their monopoly on their Zaibatsu.

Unless they are just incredibly racist, I don't see why they would have any problem with competition.  Hek is already Jita II.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

Unless they are just incredibly racist, I don't see why they would have any problem with competition.  Hek is already Jita II.

Since when is Hek Jita II? It's been a crappy place to do any trading since forever far as I can remember, unlike Jita 4-4, or heaven forbid, Rens.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4