Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Nation's Unity (split from "New Sansha capture mechanic" thread)  (Read 13500 times)

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
Re: Nation's Unity
« Reply #60 on: 17 Jun 2010, 18:20 »

tl;dr Sansha Kuvakei is a Well Intentioned Extremist. Nation's unity is a massive networking between people that brings everyone closer without completely wiping out all individuality (The Geth and Therians say hello). People can't understand what Nation is and think of them as evil robo-slavers. Nation people keep to themselves in order to survive. War is still going on from a century ago because the Empires are indecisive buggers who couldn't sign a peace treaty worth a damn.

This post pretty much nails down what I've been trying to say about the Nation. Couldn't really agree more with you in my reading.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette

On the subject of which implications the rise of capsuleer society has for Sansha's Nation, I believe that advanced infomorph technology opens up a ton of intriguing new possibilities, and I see this as being the case with jump clone technology in particular.

The ability to swap bodies - and implants! - without frying the brain of the original body opens up the option of giving citizens on-duty and off-duty bodies with varying degrees of implantation, augmentation and free will. Even such things as bodies tailored for one specific project would be possible, and possibly also part-time True Slaves. Sensitive technological and political secrets would remain safe in the brains of the on-duty bodies of scientists, engineers and executives, inaccessible to those same people's "leisure-clone" brains.

This would allow a system where Citizens submit to rigorous control of their thoughts and actions in their professional life, while allowing them considerable and quite possibly even complete freedom of thought and actions in their private lives. In other words, the possibility would exist for a state which would be totalitarian on the professional level and liberal on the private level.

If I were Sansha Kuvakei, I would be salivating over such an opportunity.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette

On the subject of which implications the rise of capsuleer society has for Sansha's Nation, I believe that advanced infomorph technology opens up a ton of intriguing new possibilities, and I see this as being the case with jump clone technology in particular.

If I were Sansha Kuvakei, I would be salivating over such an opportunity.

You might be onto something. It was once said that Intaki methods/beliefs/systems had something to do with realizing the potential of the infomorph tech. Why is this important? One name: Vika Kuvakei. She's the wife of Vremaja Idama and a rather suspicious character, not least because of her name.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I'm pretty sure it was established somewhere (can't remember exactly where off the top of my head) that Vika Kuvakei wasn't related to Sansha by blood at all - they just shared a surname, which was supposedly fairly common in the State?

I'll have to look around a bit.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I can't remember the location of the reference, but I recall the same conclusion re: Kuvakei as MorLag.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette

I remember the same, but also recall that it was a fan based assumption made by those unwilling to accept what seemed to be a very obvious smoking gun. Could be wrong though, so if anyone can dig up the reference, I might change my mind. She was interested in and developing technology which totally fit the Sansha connection - plus she seemed quite the villain. Seems highly suspect to me.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I seem to think it was a dev post on the EVE forum... I think.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]