Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Collaborative Effort: Aria Takes a Walk (Dam-Torsad OOC)  (Read 13084 times)

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Re: Collaborative Effort: Aria Takes a Walk (Dam-Torsad)
« Reply #15 on: 03 Mar 2015, 17:06 »

Hello, all.

So, Aria's been invited, by Amarrian Arkon Sarain, to tour Dam-Torsad.

If I can get his approval, I'd like to make this a collaborative effort.

Just chipping in to say that of course the more the merrier :D

-A

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 03 Mar 2015, 17:20 »

Looks like we're about good, then.

Let's see if we can get a good list of involved persons and a basic sense that we're ready to go, and then it's game on!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 04 Mar 2015, 13:54 »

If that wasn't clear, please give a holler here if you're participating.

Planning on getting the actual thread up and the opening scene underway Friday morning, GMT.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 04 Mar 2015, 14:47 »

I'm not sure. I lack confidence and time. :P

Also, it is to basically play the world around in Dam-Torsad right ? NPCs and stuff ?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 04 Mar 2015, 18:14 »

I'm not sure. I lack confidence and time. :P

Also, it is to basically play the world around in Dam-Torsad right ? NPCs and stuff ?

NPCs, environment, etc. Worldbuilding.

For example, a character looks around at the skyline.

Someone will need to come up with a good description of the Torsad skyline.

We're using this thread to hash out ideas, then another to bring them to life-- in a highly informal way ('cause formal ends up being more trouble than it's worth).

Example: after the skyline post, someone here says, "Don't forget-- the Imperial Palace is somewhere around!"

The person who posted the skyline might go "Oh, right," and write it in, or the next poster might write a specific blurb about this icon of the Torsad landscape.

If it works well, great! If not, we'll refine our technique. I don't want to take this so seriously that nobody has fun, but I also think we've got a pretty impressive bunch of heads on our collective shoulders.

It's an experiment.

I believe the community at large will have the right to veto blatant silliness, whether they claim it or not.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 18:23 by Aria Jenneth »

Honourblade3

« Reply #20 on: 04 Mar 2015, 19:00 »

Oh! ME ME ME! Arkon why didn't you tell me about this last night? :(

I'd love to join in with this, my guy has to go to his home anyways, if you guys are still looking for peoples to join then let me know :)
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 19:04 by Eli Sariah »

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 04 Mar 2015, 19:03 »

Oh! ME ME ME! Arkon why didn't you tell me about this last night :(

Hahaha XD Because I wasn't sure if playing NPCs and the world was your thing, but if it is go for it I am leaving most of the logistics of this cool little experiment with Aria because I am lazy. :lol:

-A

Honourblade3

« Reply #22 on: 04 Mar 2015, 19:05 »

Not a good enough answer.. I will remember this! :twisted:

I will test out my NPC fu tonight :D
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 19:15 by Eli Sariah »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 04 Mar 2015, 19:50 »

Eli: Great!

So, early topic for discussion: clothing.

Aria's doing her homework ahead of this trip. Qualities looked for:

Comfortability: very high. This is a tour, not a formal gathering. Footwear (in contrast to EVERYTHING in the "typical" [read: Captain's Quarters] female capsuleer's shoe rack) will be sensible, designed for a lot of walking. Clothing will also be climate and season-appropriate.

Cultural sensitivity: high. She's trying to blend in as much as possible and avoid being an uncouth foreigner.

Movement: unrestricted. Culturally-mandated headaches such as narrow skirts will be subtly altered to allow this, if doing so will not give offense. Given the choice, she'll go for more comfortable and easier to scurry around in.

Modesty: high. Achura aren't necessarily very body-conscious, but revealing or overly-tight clothing is, at best, rudely distracting. See also, cultural sensitivity, supra.

Color: black, unless this will cause direct offense or the automatic assumption that she's in mourning.

Fashionability: irrelevant, aside from avoiding attention.

"Foreign" -ness: as low as possible without giving offense. "A heathen trying to pass as one of us? UNFORGIVABLE!!" <-- if this is a likely attitude, she'll actively try to avoid invoking it while still adopting as much of the local look as she can.

Essentially, unless it will piss people off, she's trying to be easily mistaken for a small, maybe somewhat eccentric, local female Khanid baseliner.

What does this entail?
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 20:07 by Aria Jenneth »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:02 »

I have a channel for Izoni Square! (That's The Cauldron in 'Chained to the Sky'.)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:05 »

I have a channel for Izoni Square! (That's The Cauldron in 'Chained to the Sky'.)

May be a little complicated to weave in (slow RP and fast RP are hard to mix)....

Whether or not we manage that, you're more than welcome to take part in the rest!

Honourblade3

« Reply #26 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:07 »

Oh.. Tricky one, depends really, in the temple, posh and palace districts you would be expected to be formal, especial with the temple and palace, would you actually be re-customizing your avatar or is this purely for imagery and being in depth?

As for black, it isn't a common clothing color for Amarr.. Mainly finery stuff, lots of gold trip, or extremely humble and bland, that is just in the main districts, in the normal ones that outsiders frequent there would be occasional people wearing normal stuff, like stuff you'd see in the state and such..

I would try and go with a humble look (See the Amarr character creator, the outfit the Amarr female is wearing) would be the best bet, would make you basically invisible and fit into all districts. As far as Khanid goes i am not so sure.. They look like they wear a mixture of Caldari business wear with an Amarrian twist.. But that is just how i see it

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:19 »

Oh.. Tricky one, depends really, in the temple, posh and palace districts you would be expected to be formal, especial with the temple and palace, would you actually be re-customizing your avatar or is this purely for imagery and being in depth?

Already did a little re-customizing to look a bit more formal. It involved a certain high-necked "dress" (more like an elaborate shirt, but whatever). What you currently see on Aria's portrait isn't her preferred wear (though she's getting used to it).

However, I am not tweaking my avatar for the occasion, no. For one thing, that would require me to find a good pair of flats, which are apparently either mythical or below a female capsuleer's dignity.

As for black, it isn't a common clothing color for Amarr.. Mainly finery stuff, lots of gold trip, or extremely humble and bland, that is just in the main districts, in the normal ones that outsiders frequent there would be occasional people wearing normal stuff, like stuff you'd see in the state and such..

Didn't the Ni-Kunni used to wear kind of a lot of black?

Also, are robes an acceptably-respectful (and gender-neutral) stand-in for formal finery?

(All of a sudden I'm imagining Aria as a 4'10" Sith lord.)

If not, Aria may well arrange for a change of clothes at some point, though she's personally traveling light to the point of essentially being accompanied only by the clothes on her back and a (substantial) Kredit account.

I would try and go with a humble look (See the Amarr character creator, the outfit the Amarr female is wearing) would be the best bet, would make you basically invisible and fit into all districts. As far as Khanid goes i am not so sure.. They look like they wear a mixture of Caldari business wear with an Amarrian twist.. But that is just how i see it.

Hm. Noting that all clothing in the character creators is necessarily capsuleer clothing. There may be other options.

Maybe?
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 20:25 by Aria Jenneth »

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:34 »

Didn't the Ni-Kunni used to wear kind of a lot of black?

Also, are robes an acceptably-respectful (and gender-neutral) stand-in for formal finery?

(All of a sudden I'm imagining Aria as a 4'10" Sith lord.)

Perhaps this might help a little: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ni-Kunni#Fashion :)

Honourblade3

« Reply #29 on: 04 Mar 2015, 20:49 »

Yeah, as always my dear friend Arkon beats me by a mile :P i didnt know that kind of page existed, but 4'10" Sith lord is pretty close to Khanid, i think at least :P

Black is good, dark colors, dark browns and reds, deep colors.

And yes, robes are good too, especially for formal attire.

P.s. I love how in-depth this stuff gets! :D
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2015, 20:54 by Eli Sariah »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7