Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lets see who has the best standings...  (Read 10936 times)

Utari Onzo

Re: Lets see who has the best standings...
« Reply #45 on: 30 Nov 2015, 08:46 »

I'm +10 to a metric assload of alliances and corps, does that count?

But in truth I hate pve/missioning so my standings are all fairly subpar.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #46 on: 30 Nov 2015, 10:08 »

I ground a lot of 8.00+ standings for jumpclones, and then they removed the requirement. Hrr. For that matter my industrialists have ground highsec POS standings as well. Other than that, I can't really say much about my standings other than... err... my Amarr standings are probably somewhere near absolute zero.

PIE's next (and best) recruit ever. Aldrith, call me bby.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #47 on: 30 Nov 2015, 11:02 »

We'll put you on the list with Ava.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 30 Nov 2015, 11:06 »

I can't remember who it was that actually believed Aldrith had approached me to recruit me. Dame maybe. Props to Aldrith for immediately playing along when I told him publicly that while the invite was appreciated, I just couldn't in good conscience leave U'K. It's a rare thing that chat in Eve leaves me breathless with laughter.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 30 Nov 2015, 11:59 »

coincidentally, i once wrote a small proposal in FHC game design about reworking the standings mechanics to take into account the following:

government/military -> count towards the faction standing and reduces standing with opposing factions.
commerce/trading -> count towards corporations within the same bloc, reduces standing with competitor corporations in other factions, yet it does not increase/reduce faction standings.

Each bloc also would have unique LP stores.

that way people can work with specific groups of NPC corporations and have different outcomes in standing.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:17 »

I think for that to work they'd need to rework the standing system entirely, because it simply has no actual purpose at this point beyond very slightly affecting your profit margins when trading/refining.

This is a wholly unformed thought/idea, but I'd love to see something like increasing the amount of services available at a corporation's stations depending on standings, along with different efficiency ratings of said services as you rise in prominence until you reach VIP levels of fame with them. Add a thirty-sixty second delay for repairing your ship in a station (as an example), reduced by standings and so on and there'd be implications for fleets in FW space, etc.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #51 on: 25 Dec 2015, 21:09 »

I think it's unadjusted standing, though. At least, I only ever got the cruiser and the frigate.

Yup standings before skills count, looking back on the (old) notes I have the frigate bpc requires 8.7 faction standings, the cruiser 9.2 and the battleship 9.7.

Currently it's unmodified standings:
8.5 for Navy frigates
9.2 for Navy cruisers
9.9 for Navy battleships

At each tier you trade 30 pirate tags of the main faction enemy (silver for frigates, gold for cruisers, diamond for battleships) for a 2-run ME20 BPC. Amarr standings get you Navy Slicers, Navy Omens and Navy Apocs, Caldari give you Hookbills and ?? as I haven't gotten the upper tiers of that yet. Only the four major factions (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente and Minmatar) give out those rewards.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2015, 21:15 by Colonel Nieyli »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 26 Dec 2015, 13:20 »

but I'd love to see something like increasing the amount of services available at a corporation's stations depending on standings, along with different efficiency ratings of said services as you rise in prominence until you reach VIP levels of fame with them.

That actually could be very interesting.

Perhaps all stations have limited availability of certain VIP services (special labs, factory, refining) but you only get access to them once you reach 9.0 or higher....could be quite interesting.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #53 on: 27 Dec 2015, 14:49 »

I get the feeling that there were plans to have standings impact a lot more on the gameplay, but other more important things came up and they just kind of drifted into the forgotten area of development. The current crop of dev's seem to have no interest in them and have I believe actually removed standings from some aspects (jump clones and POS placement).

Seems such a shame.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #54 on: 28 Dec 2015, 03:24 »

I just remember something about a fleet checking someone's standings all at once to lag out the node. (not sure *relevant*) .. so.. they kiiinda are still there but.. yeah.

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 Dec 2015, 21:51 »

Only the four major factions (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente and Minmatar) give out those rewards.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Cosmos_faction_ship_offers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]