Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Masked Molok  (Read 8160 times)

i-have-a-secret

• Clonejack
The Masked Molok
« on: 04 Dec 2014, 05:41 »

So here I am, the person responsible for the "Ultimatum" IGS post.

I'd love to post this under my main profile, but lately there seems to be a trend of runaway "metagaming," and I'd rather avoid those consequences for him, for the present time.

Is anyone particularly enjoying this arc? Would you like to get involved?

I'm just trying to do something different on the IGS, and the stuff that I've got going on behind the scenes... well, it's very unconventional.

That said, I'd really like to involve a few others. Maybe a failed attack, or an attempt at investigating the killer's real identity. That's what I really want; Anslo and a few others have vowed to find my true identity, and I would love to leave them a slow trail of breadcrumbs along this grimdark path.

Suggestions? Opinions? Call me a jerk, or ridicule me for hiding behind an alt?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: The Masked Molok
« Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2014, 06:01 »

kinda cliché. Not personally a fan, seems like an attempt to be controversial for the sake of it.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2014, 06:05 »

No presence in space. Can't be engaged in any meaningful way. No interest beyond shiptoasting while bored.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2014, 06:33 »

To add to miz's comment. I think I read the first page of Ultimatum. Can't post because I'm forum banned. Can't really do much else. Not that you would want Anyanka interfering anyway but by being exlusive to who can interact with you, you may also be detracting people who you might actually want to play with. Now let's take Nauplius for example. He plays in space. If he doesn't want to play with a certain person he can block them instead of not giving them a chance at all.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2014, 06:34 by Anyanka Funk »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2014, 07:19 »

If it's possible to actually combat this character then that is good. I don't think a presence in space is necessarily needed if other alternatives are provided, especially since being present in space doesn't itself lead to ability to have meaningful impact as few space actions have any real value (you can shoot people's ships all day and it's not going to harm them much whatsoever). So if there are RP avenues to pursue, that is good.

Though I can't see Sami going after this person unless an obvious method of it is presented. She's been too discouraged over her inability to stop people like Nauplius and so wouldn't have much faith in and thus no motivation to investigate this person and find a way to stop them. But if an obvious avenue opens up she may pursue it.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 04 Dec 2014, 08:29 »

Too small time and theatrical to support, and the hiding behind alts thing really makes it unappealing. Consequences for your actions and your reputation as a player is needed if any measure of confidence is to be expected.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #6 on: 04 Dec 2014, 09:08 »

« Last Edit: 16 May 2015, 18:57 by Lt Col Nieyli »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 2014, 09:46 »

To echo what others have said, if you want people to be involved then there needs to be a sense of actual progress against the enemy. A feeling that actions are futile is one of the fastest ways to get people to shrug and move on.

That said, some of us Amarrfolk were watching that thread. We stopped when the character was biomassed, but if there's a chance at it we might be willing to look again.

OOC issues... can be discussed in private.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2014, 11:13 »

In eight years of off-and-on playing EVE, I've seen these types of threads come and go with regularity. In every case they're controversial for the sake of trying to stir up trouble, which isn't a bad thing but there's no 'outcome' from it. They appear, maybe they'll reach several pages of discussion on the IGS, and then they die out.

If I were an Amarr RP'er (which I'm not), I would probably skip it and move on.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #9 on: 04 Dec 2014, 12:11 »

a few players own POS in space.

you want someone to get involved, dump a rookie ship stuffed with bookmarks at their POS.

chances are, one or more people will take a look at the rookie ship.

bookmarks, if you didn't already know, can have a bunch of text added in their "notes" sections, which means they can be used as a means of conveying a message, without using evemail or convos, which leave logs.

There are also a few news agencies. Gutter Press as an example. They might be more likely to reply if you talk to them, compared to other news people.
\o/

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #10 on: 04 Dec 2014, 12:37 »

Is anyone particularly enjoying this arc? Would you like to get involved?

I'm just trying to do something different on the IGS, and the stuff that I've got going on behind the scenes... well, it's very unconventional.

That said, I'd really like to involve a few others. Maybe a failed attack, or an attempt at investigating the killer's real identity.

Suggestions? Opinions? Call me a jerk, or ridicule me for hiding behind an alt?

Luna planned to talk to the first victim and even watchlisted her, assuming she was going to wake up in her clone (knowing she probably didn't remember much due to soft cloning issues) but then she was biomassed.  (Something I am dubious about - gosh there's definitely some people luna would love to ask Concord to biomass but, well, she can't).

At that point, oocly, I lost interest tbh given that there didn't seem to be anyone on the other side to fence with in any meaningful in game fashion, other than to make a peckish comment that while the two victims were amarr,  your background was still unknown (that comment promptly went over the head of one of the commentors who repeated that the employment history was amarr - yes the history of the victims).

My suggestion echos Miz - if you want to engage people, you need some presence in space  (ideally not in an npc corp) and not just on the boards.  But maybe you do and we just don't know yet :)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 04 Dec 2014, 12:50 »

Luna planned to talk to the first victim and even watchlisted her, assuming she was going to wake up in her clone (knowing she probably didn't remember much due to soft cloning issues) but then she was biomassed.  (Something I am dubious about - gosh there's definitely some people luna would love to ask Concord to biomass but, well, she can't).

Why would you be dubious about that? It is not standard that capsuleers have soft clones, despite what might come across by the RP player base.

If you kill a capsuleer out of pod, usually that means they're dead. Which is what this person did. In such situation, the best thing you should do is biomass the character as, as far as most players are concerned, a character isn't truly dead unless they're in Doomheim.

However, on this note, this does give a possible opening down the line. If Mr. Secret wants to give people a clue to follow up on, then perhaps one of his (presumedly future) victims does end up having a soft clone that wakes up after the murder, no idea what happened but eager to find out (and willing to hire other characters to help investigate).

To echo what others have said, if you want people to be involved then there needs to be a sense of actual progress against the enemy. A feeling that actions are futile is one of the fastest ways to get people to shrug and move on.

This. ^^^^

Again I'll say that presence in space isn't what's necessarily needed (though it helps), but the ability to impact the villain is.
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2014, 12:53 by Samira Kernher »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #12 on: 04 Dec 2014, 13:18 »

Why would you be dubious about that? It is not standard that capsuleers have soft clones, despite what might come across by the RP player base.

If you kill a capsuleer out of pod, usually that means they're dead. Which is what this person did. In such situation, the best thing you should do is biomass the character as, as far as most players are concerned, a character isn't truly dead unless they're in Doomheim.

I don't disagree Samira, but from a rp point of view, it struck me as a dead end as there was no one whatsoever to engage with.  Hopefully he will consider the comments from you and others on here because I always like seeing more rp :)

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #13 on: 04 Dec 2014, 14:00 »

« Last Edit: 16 May 2015, 18:58 by Lt Col Nieyli »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 04 Dec 2014, 14:14 »

Space is roleplay. The rest is just multiplayer notepad.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5