Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Undocking character or RP alt?  (Read 7933 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Undocking character or RP alt?
« Reply #45 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:19 »

Jibba-jabba
I seem to have gotten a little carried away with my original response.  I'll pare it down to the following two sentences.

Don't run your mouth about a fight you weren't in; you weren't in MXD at any time during 2010 and your name ain't anywhere near any of the killmails, either.

If you'd like to have an actual fight with me that you can then justifiably run your mouth about, either buy a wardec or use your locator agents to find out when we're out of highsec.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #46 on: 26 Oct 2014, 17:21 »

Jibba-jabba
I seem to have gotten a little carried away with my original response.  I'll pare it down to the following two sentences.

Don't run your mouth about a fight you weren't in; you weren't in MXD at any time during 2010 and your name ain't anywhere near any of the killmails, either.

If you'd like to have an actual fight with me that you can then justifiably run your mouth about, either buy a wardec or use your locator agents to find out when we're out of highsec.

No need to get so offended about it, I clearly stated that I recall a fight like that, but that I might be off because ::happened freaking long ago:: and there have been other battles in that period.

In case you and I are looking at two different posts here is the relevant part from my post again:

I recall this happening, thought not all the details. The Two logi's were two IRL friends of mine who happened to be around, and I, IIRC was in Andy's corp at the time. At least I think that's how it went. Just like it up to you to provide your fun, it's up to others to do what they can to win their fights. You decced, a fight was had. Why rush off to face you on your turf, after all you decced Andreus and he as well as me were elsewhere doing other things. We waited for you to show in what was our turf at that time. And you did.

I can't recall if anyone lost anything in that engagement at all. I think it ended up in a stalemate and got disengaged eventually, though that may have been a different war, Andreus has been in a few for a few reasons, and this is a good long while ago now.

Basically, when you described decing Andreus and going for his corp, I had a recollection of seeing something similar from the other side. As I said though, I don't recall the whole things in great detail, and if this happened in 2010 then no, I was indeed not in MXD. Nothing prevented me form being in the area though, because in 2010 I was in Nova Foundry, a corp me and Ayalen made together, and having recently - as in a few months earlier - been in MXD I'm allowed to get some details off, and I'm surely withing my right to state the truth, that being that I can't recall the details perfectly. Andreus has been in a few scraps and I was there for some of them, in his corp at some point, and NOVAF had friendly relations with MXD because of this. NOVAF saw a lot of moving around and small-scale stuff in this period.

I'll make a couple things clear.

I was not trying to "run my mouth" about you or your corp or any fight or anything at all. If I wanted to do that I'd state such things to your directly, clearly, likely elsewhere. I was trying to corroborate that yes, there was indeed such a fight involving you and Andreus and I even eagerly admitted to not recalling all the details, to the point where I'm not sure if any ships were even lost on either side. I suppose a swift check of a killboard will clear that question up.

I am however sure that when you mentioned Andreus bringing two neut logis to help out, that these were either Ayalen and one other person in NOVAF, or perhaps even Ayalen and myself, because such an engagement has happened, where Aya and I support MXD with logistics in a battle. Perhaps even multiple times, as I've said, MXD has been in a few engagements and I've been there for a couple of them, at least. Hell, this may have been very early on before NOVAF was even founded, Aya and me were in VIRII, then I spent a month in STRIX while Aya was still in VIRII, and then we founded NOVAF.

Or hell I may be thinking of a completely different engagement with a completely different entity. Heck, might even be thinking of a fight where NOVAF assisted STRIX against someone else. I'm confident there has been at least one such engagement as well, but obviously if I showed up as part of two logis then it will be hard to pin down what battle it was.

I am confident however that Aya and myself was around for a fight involving you and your corp and MXD, because I recall you specifically. As another RP'er I recalled your name at the time and IIRC Andreus told us about the circumstances regarding the deck.

At any rate my intentions were to agree with you that such a fight happened, and that I agreed with your overall viewpoint regarding the topic of this tread. That was all.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #47 on: 26 Oct 2014, 17:29 »

Hell, I can barely remember that fight and I was the only survivor on our side of it. No one pointed my wolf, heh. That was the moment when I decided that while neutral logis were fair enough - game mechanics are game mechanics and everyone can make use of them - I'm going to stick with a "fair" fight with links on field if any. Neutral logi isn't an issue anymore, but I swore those off too.

I'll hold no grudges for what others use against me of course, if it's an actually fair fight one or both of the sides fucked up, but I prefer actually earning my credentials.

I'll agree entirely with Havo though. If the person doing the mouthing off doesn't even undock, fuck it. Not on my radar and for all intents and purposes doesn't exist.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #48 on: 27 Oct 2014, 03:01 »

What does mouthing off implies exactly, out of curiosity ? Boasting all around and saying how bad you are inspace ? Being a dick to your corp ICly ? An IC argument about space politics and shenanigans ?

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #49 on: 27 Oct 2014, 03:07 »

What does mouthing off implies exactly, out of curiosity ? Boasting all around and saying how bad you are inspace ? Being a dick to your corp ICly ? An IC argument about space politics and shenanigans ?
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/mouth-off

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #50 on: 27 Oct 2014, 03:55 »

You don't have to be rude by linking me dictionary entries, you know. I'm not a british native, and i'm pretty sure that even for native mouthing off can bear various nuances of meaning, depending on the context.  :|

So yes, basically everything that's politically, even the slightest, oriented.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:12 »

wat

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #52 on: 27 Oct 2014, 05:15 »

You don't have to be rude by linking me dictionary entries, you know. I'm not a british native, and i'm pretty sure that even for native mouthing off can bear various nuances of meaning, depending on the context.  :|

So yes, basically everything that's politically, even the slightest, oriented.
I know you're not a british native.  I'm not, either.  I'm an American.  However, 'mouthing off' is one english idiom that is the same on both sides of the Atlantic.  Knowing from my time spent studying French and Spanish that idioms are often among the last things that non-native speakers learn, I figured it would be helpful.  vOv

EDIT: And nope... 'mouthing off' is 'mouthing off'.  There isn't much nuance, there aren't a wide selection of possible meanings based on context.  There's only 'mouthing off'.  Which BB has stated he wasn't intending to do.  No harm, no foul.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2014, 05:19 by Havohej »

Twitter

Lyn Farel

« Reply #53 on: 27 Oct 2014, 08:19 »

to give your opinions about something in a very annoying way

If you can't even grasp how nuanced that very definition can be, and subjective also, I don't know what to say.

So anyway, basically everything that might annoy you. Which means pretty much everything. At least I have an answer >.>

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #54 on: 27 Oct 2014, 08:28 »

to give your opinions about something in a very annoying way

If you can't even grasp how nuanced that very definition can be, and subjective also, I don't know what to say.

So anyway, basically everything that might annoy you. Which means pretty much everything. At least I have an answer >.>
Incorrect.  By selectively disregarding a part of the definition, you alter its meaning and idiomatic usage altogether.  The part about complaining or criticizing is key.

And of course it's subjective.  By its very definition.  Subjective != nuanced.

Twitter

Lyn Farel

« Reply #55 on: 27 Oct 2014, 10:21 »

Of for the...

The point is that you can do it practically in thousand completely different ways, thus why my question, and thus the 'nuanced'.  :bash:

Don't bother.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 27 Oct 2014, 10:44 »

I think it's time for both of you to stop posting at each other for a while.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 27 Oct 2014, 21:36 »

Instead I can just post at everyone.

Whoever reads this, consider it at you.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #58 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:24 »

Instead I can just post at everyone.