Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Winmatar Interest Gauge  (Read 7232 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Winmatar Interest Gauge
« on: 23 Sep 2014, 17:16 »

So, poking a bit at the community lately I've had to conclude there's practically no Minmatar stuff left that's anywhere near public or pro-active. Nor are there anyone actually fighting against slavery, unless it's coincidental with shooting Nappy. Dafuq happened? Anyway, there's a humongous hole in the market where you can fit something properly nasty and funny in. So here goes, let me just stream of consciousness a vague idea here.

Corp (potentially alliance down the road), Winmatar Badasses Inc Part Deux The Movie The Game The Prequel. Primarily composed of Minmatar and others that considers slavers, the Empire in general and factions like Angels, Blooders etc to be for various reasons scourges upon New Eden that needs to be taken the fuck down. Prime goal is two-fold, getting rid of slavery as much as possible and getting some proper righteous wrath dispensed on those who will not comply with this rather reasonable request. No compromise, no mercy.

Very loosely tied to the Republic in that any freed slaves have got to go somewhere if they're not interested/capable of being trained and used against their former masters. Quite probably going to be rather ostracized from the Republic though, as history has shown anyone actually taking on the Empire without adhering to incredible standards of e-honoure are no true scotsmen. There would be very few questions of morality and ethics involved. Terror is a fully acceptable tool to use when the stakes are this high and other tools prove too flimsy to get the job done.

Actual gameplay wise, it'd depend somewhat on initial and projected member count. No FW, but parking our collective arses in Amarr/Angel territory or places like that and wardeccing everything in sight, from nice soft carebear targets to high-end PvP targets depending on how we judge our in-game capacity for enforcing our will. Deliver freedom/vengeance (depending on target and character) at terminal velocities, make some noise, rock the boat, maybe do some public stuff. Nothing wrong with cooperating with FW entities to take out Amarr FW targets (or Caldari FW targets, or Federation FW targets, or even Republic FW targets if they're considered to be enemies). Republic aligned entities do not get a free pass, if they're considered to be too cozy with slavers.

Basically, hardline stance against slavers across New Eden. No scruples, no cuddles, no compromise and no mercy.

This will naturally alienate a lot of people. Going to a ball room dance at the... whatever is the current Amarr hotspot... would be somewhat difficult by dint of being part of this, but would also lend itself nicely to an awoxing and subsequent corpkick. No cuddles allowed, basically. I've already said this, but I'd aim for this to be public and noisy. No shitposting or going Diana Kim, but trying to go for somewhat creative publications and discussions.

Potential tangental stuff would be merc work, extortion, etc. It'd also be a bit fun having some cloak and dagger stuff going on with hidden investors, secret collaborators etc but those are details and potential interactions that can grow naturally from these things. It will by the way require the ability to enter Amarr Highsec to pop all those juiciest targets that think themselves safe.

I will also buy Havo a few PLEXes for this shit. I need a pats... I need someone to take the fal... I need a scap...

Havo, just bloody vote up top and be ready to log in if this gets a decent momentum going.

Anyanka Funk

Re: Winmatar Interest Gauge
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2014, 17:27 »

Anya literally carebares all day in Delve in an Ashimmu packed with slaves, dancers, tourists, prisoners, and blood raider scientists. If you get this going you can always shoot out to Delve for pvp. Anya doesn't just fight solo against large gangs, she also fights solo against small gangs too.

Good luck with this, sounds awesome!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2014, 17:30 »

I will fite tha fuh outta dis. Gib fite plz.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2014, 17:34 »

KILL ALL THE SLAVERS!

... wait, that's me.

But yes to this, please.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2014, 19:25 »

Maybe all the Matari guys got tired of all the 'SLAVES! SLAAAAAVES!' shtick? Slavery's pretty much a dead horse at this point.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2014, 21:38 »

Maybe all the Matari guys got tired of all the 'SLAVES! SLAAAAAVES!' shtick? Slavery's pretty much a dead horse at this point.

Sure, if you're too busy yelling about it to actually do something. 'FOR THA EMPIAH' would also be a dead horse for PIE if all we did was talk about it on the IGS.

Ushra'Khan is actually still alive and kicking though, just not very many RP'ers left in it. If anyone wanted to pick this torch up again that would be a good place to start.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2014, 21:44 »

I roleplay a Matar to explore the free-man side and the technological and cultural side though, instead of that thing about slaves. Which is why he has an engineering background with a certain obsession with automation (using relatively cheap and already-available technology to devise said system as a Matari engineer is wont to do) and dissecting rogue drones (to see how they tick and figure out how to replicate using already-available technology).

His hatred for Hookbills is less about patriotism or anything of the sort and more to do with technological rivalry. Yes, he joined the Tribal Liberation Fleet some two years ago and stayed until earlier this year, but he joined as a freelance privateer. Any slaves he liberated was happenstance rather than intentional, he was there to accrue funds as well as battle-test his own skills and his warships and any kind of modification he has made, as well as to rummage through the wrecks of Amarrian warships to see if he has anything to learn.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2014, 01:04 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2014, 00:40 »

I'll still just be watching this thread and the results for a while, but I have to admit I had a little giggle at the support and yes votes all coming from the Amarr side. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2014, 04:27 »

I should probably clarify that while the poll itself is an all-round interest gauge of all RP factions and what they think, I'd also love to hear in posts whether or not there's any actual interest in participating. Otherwise this might turn out to be a chunk of the community wholly approving of a solo corp gloriously going splat against any target and shitposting about it on the IGS.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2014, 05:52 »

For once Matari RPers start shooting and screaming at Angels instead of just "Amarr"... Kudos.

Karynn

« Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:10 »

I should probably clarify that while the poll itself is an all-round interest gauge of all RP factions and what they think, I'd also love to hear in posts whether or not there's any actual interest in participating. Otherwise this might turn out to be a chunk of the community wholly approving of a solo corp gloriously going splat against any target and shitposting about it on the IGS.

Would love to participate!
Katanga Caravan is anti-Republic, pro-Cartel and dabbles in the slave trade (those drugs don't test themselves!  :twisted:).
I'd be happy for more targets and to be a target  :)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:18 »

So we got PIE, a Blooder and an Angel raising their hands for target practice. While I could without a glimmer of a doubt bring all of these to their knees with a mere sneering glance it'd be a lot more fun to do it with others involved. Will keep watching the thread and occasionally looking at things in-game.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2014, 06:46 »

While I would love something a bit more focused on actually bashing slavers on the head instead of orbiting buttons or playing POCO games with other Republic dwellers, I'm not certain something this extreme is quite a good fit for my character. 1) He's generally pro-republic since it's become more Tribe-focused in recent years. 2) Tabor has no problem killing badguys, but he's not anti-slavery/anti-amarr to the point of genocide. 3) Not interested in a corp where I can be AWOXed/kicked for having a chat. The point isn't simply to bash slavers on the head, it's to bash them on the head enough that they give you what you want.

In short: I'm with you in spirit, but I think I'd rather do something more along the lines of what we attempted with Teraa Matar and Skadi's Call.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:15 »

Certainly fair enough, but that part of the market has been filled (repeatedly) and is in part covered by Gradient I suppose.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:39 »

'Bashing slavers' iasn't so easy to accomplish in game, I think, if one wants to keep it interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5