Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Winmatar Interest Gauge  (Read 7235 times)

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
Re: Winmatar Interest Gauge
« Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:43 »

Yes and no. Gradient is pretty awesome at what they do, but these days they seem really more focused on "domestic" stuff like developing markets in the Republic and shooting reds in republic space.  I think I'd be interested in something a bit more aggressive, just not quite sure I'm up to Havohej's level. If Tabor did join something like this, he'd probably be the closest thing the group has to a voice of moderation. I try to avoid the raging Brutor stereotype when playing him.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:45 »

'Bashing slavers' iasn't so easy to accomplish in game, I think, if one wants to keep it interesting.

I agree, that's why it's interesting.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:02 »

To be perfectly and brutally honest, it'd probably be a herculean task to actually succeed, initially. Almost every target of sufficient size is also competent and can work together. This would be a fairly new entity with little experience with each other and most likely outnumbered to boot. Underhanded tactics and moral victories galore, I suspect.

Still, that sounds pretty acceptable actually, Tab. No friendly relations with slavers is a fairly reasonable demand though. There'd be no limitations on any other affiliation or loyalty, as long as ending the slavers remain on top of the priority list.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #18 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:19 »

This is also a good place to start off as a loser too. Of course you could have some backstory of why you hate slavers. But initial players could actually fleet up and go to Amarr/Curse/Delve to free some slaves dimplomatically and be captured and put into slavery themselves. This could tie everyone's story together.  Even if, let's say, an Amarrian joins your group. They would have that same or even worse experience of being a breeding slave for the covenant. Sure you lose a little at first but it's a great reason for players to have their common goals.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2014, 08:21 by Anyanka Funk »

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:56 »

Still, that sounds pretty acceptable actually, Tab. No friendly relations with slavers is a fairly reasonable demand though. There'd be no limitations on any other affiliation or loyalty, as long as ending the slavers remain on top of the priority list.

Re-read through things a bit. I guess I was getting a bit caught up on the "no huggles" part since I know you and I have a bit of a disagreement on what that entails based upon your previous posts. I think there's a difference between "No friendly relations" and "No relations."  Tabor for example would be perfectly willing to negotiate prisoner/hostage exchanges, temporary ceasefires, and stuff like that if he felt it still helped his cause. In order to make stuff like that happen, you have to have some sort of interaction with the other side.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 24 Sep 2014, 10:07 »

It's often better for a corp when you have a bit of inside diversity.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:36 »

If this happens, I demand spine-tingly threats, like so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mrZ1kGCfo
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:42 »

I've actually been having all kinds of daydreams of what I could do if I had even the slightest skill at video editing, drawing, etc. Got so much awesome bottled up in my head and no way to get it out on youtube. But indeed, the hearts and minds are in fact something I aim for. Capsuleers can only do so much and in the larger scheme of things, they're almost irrelevant. However, dirtsiders practically worship them, so take a lesson from the Gallente and use that.

Propaganda. Brand names. T-shirts, music videos, be fucking rockstars across New Eden and create a movement. That's how you change shit. To do that, you need to be awesome in space, which is where all the actual player stuff will come in.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #23 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:48 »

I've actually been having all kinds of daydreams of what I could do if I had even the slightest skill at video editing, drawing, etc. Got so much awesome bottled up in my head and no way to get it out on youtube. But indeed, the hearts and minds are in fact something I aim for. Capsuleers can only do so much and in the larger scheme of things, they're almost irrelevant. However, dirtsiders practically worship them, so take a lesson from the Gallente and use that.

Propaganda. Brand names. T-shirts, music videos, be fucking rockstars across New Eden and create a movement. That's how you change shit. To do that, you need to be awesome in space, which is where all the actual player stuff will come in.

Regrettably I suck at EVE, but hey, I can always push paper :P

Also, you're probably as aware as I that these type of projects typically have a short shelf-life, so a solid development plan may help.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:54 »

Certainly. I'm just gauging interest right now though. If there's enough, I'll start working on a more specific set of goals, plans for how to reach them, get some artwork done and so on. Some teasers, etc.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2014, 13:57 »

I will also buy Havo a few PLEXes for this shit. I need a pats... I need someone to take the fal... I need a scap...

Havo, just bloody vote up top and be ready to log in if this gets a decent momentum going.
At first I was like, "But I can't afford the subscription right now :("

Then I got to the bottom.  If you'll front plexes, I'll resub. 

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #26 on: 24 Sep 2014, 14:01 »

Maybe all the Matari guys got tired of all the 'SLAVES! SLAAAAAVES!' shtick? Slavery's pretty much a dead horse at this point.
Never.  I'm just out of work.   :yar:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 24 Sep 2014, 14:03 »

Then so far we're up to... let's see. PIE, Angels and Blooders as enemies to start with. We'll probably expand over time.

Should be simple enough to take on with just the two of us, eh? Three if we can teach Tabor how to properly winmatar.
It's a start. I'll still be watching this thread for a bit to keep gauging the interest, but this is enough for me to start laying down some more specific plans on paper.

Note: This is not to say this is actually happening yet. At best it'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I finish some real life stuff, at worst the participation will be too low to get critical mass, but so far there's a slight start to be had.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #28 on: 24 Sep 2014, 14:10 »

It's worth noting for Tabor's benefit that the last time we were terrorizing liberating slaves, we had a couple of Amarrians in corp (Lord Maximullis and Flux).  While Havo did have a couple of shady dealings of his own with the Cartel to make the 1000:1 thing happen, he wasn't so unreasonable as to not speak civilly with Maries like Merdaneth when it served a need.

Great chats with Merd back then.  And a couple of good Rifter vs. Punisher duels as well.  Merd's always been my favorite Amarr RPer for that.

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 24 Sep 2014, 14:24 »

Aye, interaction with the enemy is fun when it's done right. It's the "let's be the bestest of friends!" kind of thing that would certainly get me warming up the autocannons. (Which I'm assured aren't quite as shit as rumor has it).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5