Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Winmatar Interest Gauge  (Read 7231 times)

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
Re: Winmatar Interest Gauge
« Reply #30 on: 24 Sep 2014, 16:01 »

I'm not against Amarr in corp. Tabor's wife is 1/4 Amarr. I just have a kneejerk reaction when threatened with awoxing. It's an OOC relic of my time in nullsec. I agree that interaction with the enemy is fun when done right (in fact it can be my favorite RP). It's the "done right" part that matters most.

EDIT: one of my favorite RPs actually involved my Amarr/Angel character at a neutrally hosted event and running into Havohej among other people they normally don't get to interact with.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2014, 16:04 by Tabor Murn »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 Sep 2014, 17:05 »

Hmmm.

I have two accounts. The main on the second is currently running a corp that might drift in this direction given the right membership. Trouble is he despises Havo & Mizhara for that liberated slave massacre they were part of a few years back. You would have to go some for him to trust you.

Corp is Clan Ogunkoya. Take a look at the description & let me know if it could be useful.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 24 Sep 2014, 17:12 »

I'll be watching interestedly from the sidelines, but I have never been able to get into Minnie stuff. All of my Minnie characters end up going non-empire.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #33 on: 24 Sep 2014, 19:23 »

I'll be watching interestedly from the sidelines, but I have never been able to get into Minnie stuff. All of my Minnie characters end up going non-empire.

Yay, fellow free-man!
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #34 on: 24 Sep 2014, 19:54 »

I'm not against Amarr in corp. Tabor's wife is 1/4 Amarr. I just have a kneejerk reaction when threatened with awoxing. It's an OOC relic of my time in nullsec. I agree that interaction with the enemy is fun when done right (in fact it can be my favorite RP). It's the "done right" part that matters most.

EDIT: one of my favorite RPs actually involved my Amarr/Angel character at a neutrally hosted event and running into Havohej among other people they normally don't get to interact with.
Was that Saissore's charity function?  That was pretty fun.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #35 on: 24 Sep 2014, 19:56 »

Hmmm.

I have two accounts. The main on the second is currently running a corp that might drift in this direction given the right membership. Trouble is he despises Havo & Mizhara for that liberated slave massacre they were part of a few years back. You would have to go some for him to trust you.

Corp is Clan Ogunkoya. Take a look at the description & let me know if it could be useful.
I think a conversation with Havo would go a long way toward understanding his madness and maybe hating him less.  Havo doesn't understand Mizhara's madness, though, so I can't speak to the effectiveness of a conversation with her.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #36 on: 24 Sep 2014, 22:13 »

I voted for the shoot all the things option but obviously cannot join in. More RP enemies is great though and it would give me a chance to shoot me some Havo!

You can count Pyre amongst your happy to be enemies. 
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #37 on: 24 Sep 2014, 22:57 »

I voted for the shoot all the things option but obviously cannot join in. More RP enemies is great though and it would give me a chance to shoot me some Havo!

You can count Pyre amongst your happy to be enemies.
You sure you wanna do that?

I'll pod you, bro.

Twitter

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #38 on: 25 Sep 2014, 00:23 »

Was that Saissore's charity function?  That was pretty fun.
Yeppers! Steph is doing another event soon, I'm gonna subscribe just for that!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #39 on: 25 Sep 2014, 00:46 »

Hmmm.

I think a conversation with Havo would go a long way toward understanding his madness and maybe hating him less.  Havo doesn't understand Mizhara's madness, though, so I can't speak to the effectiveness of a conversation with her.

Madness? Silly people.

Miz is just willing to do what needs to be done, when the alternative is worse but less immediately horrifying. I'm sure an in-game convo would be quite a bit different but the logic behind it all is simple: Every effort was made to train, treat, deprogram and help those people. When every effort had failed repeatedly, there were two options left. Unleash a massive amount of Amarr sympathizers/loyalist/religious zealot slaves on a Republic that could barely deal with those who were friendly, not really an option. Give them back to the Amarr, which wasn't really an option. You don't inflict that kind of harm on your home, nor do you give the enemy their assets back. Every person who died was for all intents and purposes an enemy combatant or an enemy asset that couldn't be converted.

A quick, painless death they never even saw coming was the lesser of all available evils. There were no good options to choose from. So while it was horrifying in an immediate sense compared to shipping them to the Republic or the Empire, it was far less horrifying than the long-term repercussions of the other available choices.

No madness. No RAWR I R EBIL or any such nonsense. Just not willing to push the horrors away to some distant strangers when a lesser act can deal with the situation right here and now.

Of course things have changed since then, so if it had happened today and the liberated wouldn't join up, she wouldn't care where they went as long as they didn't go back to the Empire. The welfare of the Republic is no longer a priority, so a few hundred thousand zealots unleashed upon it would be someone else's problem, like Gradient or something.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #40 on: 25 Sep 2014, 00:59 »

I don't suppose you saved a copy of those blog posts anywhere, by any chance?  I lost the db backups when I went back upstate... =/

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 25 Sep 2014, 01:34 »

Afraid not.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 25 Sep 2014, 10:44 »

A word of advice as someone who has tried to make a corp with a strong RP motive and principle at its core: secure a few recruits before you start it. When I tried to restart KotMC I generated a lot if interest and excitement but only one person ended up joining and even that was an alt.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #43 on: 25 Sep 2014, 10:55 »

Agreed. I'm not moving ahead with this until I know I have a few people on board from the beginning. There needs to be a core to build something around, or it'll fall apart in short order. Still might, but might as well give it a fighting chance.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #44 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:32 »

To be fair, I started Du'uma Fiisi with a pilot and a dream.

No, that's too dramatic.

Really, it was a pilot and an unfilled niche in the RP scheme.  I was surprised to find my first applications came from Amarrian players, one of whom had been in a CVA corp previously.  But, I needed fodder pilots, so I worked with it.  I eventually ended up with Mizhara's quickly growing skill as a frigateer and Zu's diplomatic acumen as well as growing skill as a frigateer to mix with flux's frigate skill (him and his bloody interceptors - refused to fly anything else!) and me and Max in cruiser hulls mostly, occasional BC...

There were a few others off and on, but the core of the thing was just the 5 of us.  And we had a blast, imo :)

What I'm trying to say is, yeah, definitely make sure you've got a core to work with but it doesn't need to be a huge one.

EDIT: I think our biggest block to recruitment may not have been RP as a pvp corp 'thing' as much as we thought it was back then.  I think it may have just been the hard line and people having a perception (despite the non Minnie members like Max, flux and Zu) that A: you had to be Minmatar to play with us or B: you had to be as rabid as Havo and Miz seemed to be (despite Zu very much not being rabid).
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2014, 11:35 by Havohej »

Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5