Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: More new avatar clothing on Sisi.  (Read 6600 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: More new avatar clothing on Sisi.
« Reply #30 on: 14 Aug 2014, 10:15 »

I don't think it would be as well received without Chris Tucker.

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #31 on: 14 Aug 2014, 10:41 »

Haha, oh my God, I forgot about him - actually, it's probably fairly typical for Gallente television...! I sort of assume its got a bit of that histrionic Japanese day show flair. When you grow up Gallentean with that and reasonable cash, what else do you wear to a party?! \ o.o/ I don't know, my service uniform is boring! I'm gonna look boring! I have too much money, I can't do that D: /fret Aedre's from Caille, so he has moments tailored to how intense the place is supposed to be. I presume if someone was from Sovicou, the fashion capital, then it would be all over for all of us, potentially (laugh). 

I second that a character on the more bombastic side would be pretty amusing, but maybe screaming aside, Aedre doesn't have the self-confidence at the moment to command a room - let alone flounce around, even if he was inclined to (probably not...!??). Capsuleers are kind of a low-energy group for some reason (several exceptions aside). --And are often amazingly strictly gendered - makes sense most of the time, for a number of different reasons, but the Gallente faction are lacking in representatives for that sort of thing & additional shenanigans, given their lore - How has a Capsuleer like this not happened yet? /laugh 

I suspect humorless Jovians. They prefer us pod captains morose.
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Dessau

« Reply #32 on: 14 Aug 2014, 21:43 »

Female avatars rejoice. I'm still waiting for my low-cut vinyl t-shirt with shoulder control actuators.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2014, 21:44 by Dessau »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #33 on: 16 Aug 2014, 07:37 »

A shame, Chrome-dome Grae would have loved these.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #34 on: 21 Aug 2014, 11:06 »

The doodads are now on Sisi for people to look at, though not yet seeded on market.

Here's some descriptions of the new cybernetic arms:

Women's 'Vise' Cybernetic Arm (black and orange ringed left)

The F-512.185 model 'Vise' Cybernetic Arm is the latest in naturalistic technologies that aim to enhance the human experience rather than cause - or worsen - a disconnect from reality. As such, its components have been carefully designed to ensure that they operate at a level of efficiency that is pleasing and empowering to the human mind, while not going too far beyond that level.

For instance, there are no unwieldy mechanical joints visible anywhere on the device. The shoulder is instead covered with a number of tiny clamps whose design conveys the sinuous curved lines of capsuleer beauty while simultaneously ensuring the shoulder has more than its full range of mobility. The elbow, likewise, appears more human than machine, thanks in good part to the superstrong stretchable material that covers it entirely in colors of deepest night. Moreover, some of the traditionally larger muscles have replaced by socketed metal pumps that are nested inside one another in concentric fashion, giving a slim and tight, yet powerful impression.

The hand on the Arm resembles a glove, and its delineated fingers in sunset orange are delicate enough to feel even the slightest change of pressure in the air. The hand's internal sensors render it so nimble that it can hold on to almost anything, even the slightest wisp of material, without leaving a mark; yet so strong that the only time its grip can be forced against the owner's will to open, the rest of its owner will long since have been separated from the Arm.

Men's 'Crusher' Cybernetic Arm (black and orange left)

The F-916.083 model 'Crusher' Cybernetic Arm, in night black and sunset orange, is the latest in naturalistic technologies that aim to enhance the human experience rather than cause - or worsen - a disconnect from reality. As such, its components have been carefully designed to ensure they operate at a level of efficiency that is pleasing and empowering to the human mind, while not going too far beyond that level.

The purpose of its shoulder pad, for instance, is not just to absorb any number of shocks that a capsuleer might suffer inside and out of the capsule, but also function as a clamp - because this model, quite honestly, is so strong that if its internal push/pull sensors were to malfunction and it were to grip something with the full extent of its capabilities, it might very well tear the wearer's entire shoulder out of its socket.

Likewise, scanners in the fingers can detect details unavailable to normal humans - particulars in heat, texture and light reflection - but are set on a timer whereby they limit the details after a while, because even a capsuleer's mind, which can multitask at near-superhuman levels, is not set up to handle a constant influx of unnecessary data.

Finally, the upper arms have exposed and slanted machinery that resembles the striations of raw muscle. It could of course have been covered over, but was kept open to indicate the unfettered strength of the capsuleer in all that he does.

in other news, tights are of clothing category "Bottoms, extras"

The headwear things are of category "Hairstyles".
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #35 on: 21 Aug 2014, 11:53 »

The website mentions 'Faction Jackets'.

Are any of these on Sisi yet?

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2014, 16:50 »

I will not complain, at least they are working on this sort of thing. So hopefully the sort of things I would like will be coming eventually. Groovy.

Odelya

« Reply #37 on: 30 Aug 2014, 15:34 »

Now that they're online I am underwhelmed. Especially that the "hats" are fixed to a certain hairstyle is badly implemented and frustrating. And the cool yellow "Kill Bill"-jacket and its cousins disappeared, with none of the devs answering any inquiries, while there is talk about the "release cycle." Excellent way of killing enthusiasm. 

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #38 on: 30 Aug 2014, 15:44 »

Leave it to CCP to, as usual, announce more than they actually release.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 30 Aug 2014, 19:18 »

just to mention that i logged in with an alt to train skills and the new eden store had the thorax innerzone edition......if i recall correctly...that was available before.

Odelya

« Reply #40 on: 13 Sep 2014, 11:10 »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #41 on: 13 Sep 2014, 11:59 »

If you look at the associated slide show (Fall 2014 FTW) some of the later photos even more than the first one scream "amarr".  All that gold!  :D

Odelya

« Reply #42 on: 13 Sep 2014, 13:45 »

If you look at the associated slide show (Fall 2014 FTW) some of the later photos even more than the first one scream "amarr".  All that gold!  :D
Absolutely!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #43 on: 13 Sep 2014, 15:34 »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #44 on: 13 Sep 2014, 16:38 »

Where the hell are the leg prosthetics?!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5