Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: More new avatar clothing on Sisi.  (Read 6606 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: More new avatar clothing on Sisi.
« Reply #15 on: 10 Aug 2014, 14:09 »

That's just Karkur being herself, Esna. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #16 on: 10 Aug 2014, 20:48 »

Caldari don't wear hats.

demand the return of Caldari shoulder electronic doodads !

Yes please

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #17 on: 10 Aug 2014, 21:26 »

Still no duct-tape-mended jackets.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2014, 08:35 »

*Swoon*

Thanks for the preview Samira!

:cube:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2014, 00:10 »

Actually, based on this preview picture from CCP, the female duct-tape jacket might just make an appearance.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/coming-in-hyperion-on-august-26th/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2014, 01:45 »

Actually, based on this preview picture from CCP, the female duct-tape jacket might just make an appearance.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/coming-in-hyperion-on-august-26th/

I meant 'repaired with duct tape' not 'made of duct tape'. Crazy Gallentean fashion.

Will appreciate scruff and some grease.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2014, 02:30 »

It's a shame that gendered head pieces aren't interchangeable, I could really do with the amarrian male head piece for an even more cyborg ael.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2014, 03:57 »

yet more new stuff to wear without making assets already in game available to wear.

:psyccp:
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #23 on: 13 Aug 2014, 01:46 »

Just had an interesting thought, though one not likely to be taken seriously by CCP.  Just sitting here, looking at the clothes and thinking about the various mods available in Skyrim for example...It would be interesting to see CCP release tools for creating clothes; to prevent it from getting out of hand, any player-created outfit would need to be vetted, but if accepted, allowed to go into the New Eden store and say a portion of sales goes back to the player as aurum...my first thought was for every 10 aurum spent, the player receives 1 back.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #24 on: 13 Aug 2014, 02:09 »

Isn't a bad idea, and was actually done with Pirates of the Burning Sea (which was originally concepted as something like EVE in the 1700's, though development botches after launch kind of ruined that) for ships.

Can't see CCP doing it, though.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #25 on: 13 Aug 2014, 02:12 »

Isn't a bad idea, and was actually done with Pirates of the Burning Sea (which was originally concepted as something like EVE in the 1700's, though development botches after launch kind of ruined that) for ships.

Can't see CCP doing it, though.

I vaguely remember hearing about Pirates of the Burning Sea...always wondered what became of it.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #26 on: 13 Aug 2014, 02:15 »

I wouldn't be against that to be honest.  They could even deal with it in a similar manner to tech 3, apart from instead of creating a modular item after the construction process, the material choices create different patterns of item.  If the materials were sourced using aurum, the platform is set for a sustainable cycle of development for popular items without wasting development hours outside of initial art assets (modules) and a modular interface (which i doubt they have for lcothing right now). 

The main obstruction is additional development on fundamental code-items such as the modular build system (unless it were a simple 'colour variants' system).  There may also be economic repercussions as people gain a controlling stake in Aurum flow (though not the sink or source) that I have not anticipated (the pool may be small and sculpt/multi-queue services are moving to aurum bought items instead of PLEX in the future - control of cash flow in that economy may have a significant impact on CCP and 'tailors').  An 'easy fix' (from our pov) would be to give us tailoring in ISK (via the mainstream economy), but this would directly compete with CCP interests even if source items were bought for aurum, as it would be final-purchase revenue that isn't translated into sunk 'premium' currency. 

A capsuleer-run clothing economy would be interesting to see, but I am dubious as to its viability thanks to CCPs fixation on 'premium features' at present.  No need to not propose solutions that might crack the problem - CCP are glacially slow and don't give credit, but they do seem to eventually act on input from the player base.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2014, 02:17 by PracticalTechnicality »

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #27 on: 13 Aug 2014, 22:31 »

I'm disappointed this looks like it's girls-only! Aedre would probably have no qualms wearing this and a loud shirt to an event (laugh).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Good news about the avatar store over all though, nice to see it worked on a bit.
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 14 Aug 2014, 02:09 »

I'm disappointed this looks like it's girls-only! Aedre would probably have no qualms wearing this and a loud shirt to an event (laugh).

A shirt ? What shirt ?

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #29 on: 14 Aug 2014, 03:22 »

oh god, ruby rhod.

a character like that in the summit would make me laugh so hard  :lol:

Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me