Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Kronos] New Eden Store / New Clothing on Singularity  (Read 5641 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

So CCP's redoing the Noble Exchange as part of the release for Kronos. The first change people will notice is that it's been rebranded as the "New Eden Store". You'll have a new button added to your Neocom bar that you can click on that will take you to the store interface (it will also be available from the character selection screen). It's a full-screen UI rather than a window, so it's more like the character customization tool than the market. The UI is also pretty clunky at the moment: Filters don't work right, there's horrid animations you have to sit through after each purchase that you can't skip, etc.

The second thing people will notice: New clothing items, and they are reasonably priced. Current prices on Singularity for the new items range from 400 AUR for pants or shoes, to 900 AUR for coats, jackets and dresses. These prices also hold true for both male and female items - a male avatar's coat costs the same as a female avatar's dress. In addition, Aurum is now an account-wide asset, and items purchased in the NES on one character can be redeemed by another character on that account.

Anyway, I made an imgur album. Enjoy.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makoto Priano

Re: [Kronos] New Eden Store / New Clothing on Singularity
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2014, 16:40 »

I can see why they called them costume-y. Still, new clothing items! Huzzah!

Edit; just read some of those descriptions.

Oh, god. They're terrible.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2014, 17:00 by Makoto Priano »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2014, 18:22 »

Note: most descriptions of designer clothing in the real world are also terrible.

Glad the prices are set reasonably, although there was already a blog about this months or years ago. Doing some quick math it looks like a new wardrobe from head to toe costs slightly less than an average LoL skin.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2014, 20:19 »

I do think it a bit funny that the Amarr-themed tops are revealing and inviting, for lack of better words. Show off your divine cleavage, and whatnot. I really cannot wait for all this, though. Are those all the new tops for men? There's a painful lack in clothing that bridges the gap between "supreme military commander" and "lazy guy wearing a camo tank top."

Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2014, 20:22 »

I think there's a color variant or two, but not owning any male characters, I didn't really give enough of a damn to spend the extra time buying each item individually just to load it in the preview - currently none of these items are easily linkable on Sisi (r-click > link doesn't work), and you can't preview items properly from the store.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2014, 03:08 »

I do think it a bit funny that the Amarr-themed tops are revealing and inviting, for lack of better words. Show off your divine cleavage, and whatnot. I really cannot wait for all this, though. Are those all the new tops for men? There's a painful lack in clothing that bridges the gap between "supreme military commander" and "lazy guy wearing a camo tank top."

I think the clothes for the ladies are designed to be covert tests of faith. Any Amarr men caught drooling at the sight is obviously unpious and should receive 10 lashings doled out by the local priesthood.

Also, where's my duct-taped greasy jackets?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2014, 06:31 »

At last.

Proper jackboots for ladies.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2014, 06:39 »

I want that black rocket jacket to come with gold metal. Gold and black leather. Ishukone. Yum.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2014, 12:31 »

I never realized how big Morwen's boobies were...or maybe its the clothes that accentuate their size? Something to ponder.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2014, 13:39 »

I think the clothes for the ladies are designed to be covert tests of faith. Any Amarr men caught drooling at the sight is obviously unpious and should receive 10 lashings doled out by the local priesthood.

Also, where's my duct-taped greasy jackets?

I'm not sure why people assume the Amarr are prudes. It might be lechery isn't considered particularly sinful in that faith?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2014, 14:07 »

Because they are? It's stated on items in-game (the Exotic Dancer ones, specifically).

That being said, this dress would be an issue ONLY if it was a shirt. It is not a shirt. It is a jacket. Which means it is intended to be worn over other garments, not alone. If someone chooses to wear it with cleavage free-to-view, then that says something about that person and not about the Amarr.

You wouldn't wear a jacket with that kind of cut RL without something under it (in most cases), nor would Amarr.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2014, 02:15 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

These. How do we get these, and please tell me they won't be from more special edition crap or race-restricted.

All they said was "These are actually redesigned old costumes that we've had ready for a while and wanted to put into the game." No mention of how we get them.

That's teh outfits from this pic, isn't it ?
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2014, 02:24 »

Yes it is. Though at least for the Amarrian ones and the gloved female one, none of those specific colorations are in the NES at this time.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2014, 02:33 »

gloves seem to be on that "Rocket dress", but that particular pattern/colour isn't available.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2014, 02:45 »

That's what I just said...
Pages: [1] 2