Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: X Days without catacombed posts  (Read 6404 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: X Days without catacombed posts
« Reply #30 on: 29 Jan 2014, 21:35 »

This thread scares me. I feel like Frankenstein.
-OOChé

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #31 on: 29 Jan 2014, 22:45 »

I think there should be a point per a certain number of people they've killed as a bad-ass assassin marine commando. I'm thinking one point per Hitler.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #32 on: 29 Jan 2014, 23:19 »

I think there should be a point per a certain number of people they've killed as a bad-ass assassin marine commando. I'm thinking one point per Hitler.

With or without cyborg modifications and/or decades learning the deadliest forms of martial arts?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:43 »

Arista gently inclines her head, her ruby tresses cascading over her visage to obscure her ivory skin.  Her glittering grey orbs scanned the vellum pages of the thesaurus with intensity. 

She would not allow herself to lose in this contest.  Not since she witnessed the deaths of so many all those years ago would she allow such failures in her life.  Even though the reader would have no idea what this exposition was even about, Arista made sure they knew, so that they could  not cry foul when she made some obscure statement later connected to an illogical action and could point to this random, nearly pointless sentence that by then would be months old.

On another note --
... .. my God.. what have I started...
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 00:47 by Arista Shahni »

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 30 Jan 2014, 08:31 »

Didn't we have a thread in the Character sub that was based on a mary-sue generator someone found?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #35 on: 30 Jan 2014, 08:52 »

Didn't we have a thread in the Character sub that was based on a mary-sue generator someone found?

I have vague recollections of this, though I may just be remembering the paralyzing fits of laughter from reading Veik's bio ingame.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #36 on: 30 Jan 2014, 10:50 »

I have vague recollections of this, though I may just be remembering the paralyzing fits of laughter from reading Veik's bio ingame.

Master level forum-fu:

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3752.msg60212#msg60212

Edit:

Reading that thread: "Ohgod my corp history"
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 10:53 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #37 on: 30 Jan 2014, 13:08 »

Veik's in-game bio is very serious. Why you laugh for. :(

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 14 Feb 2014, 16:46 »

The best similies for true overwriting are of course the full blown Homeric type ones:

Gaven's Shining Golden Tormentor stalked the space-lanes looking for prey. Lo! A Rifter! The Golden Claw descended upon the ill-equipped foe like a fearless golden lion assaults a young hunter, avoiding the rusting ill-maintained spear, scattering the hapless fool's guts upon the ground.

Or something like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]