Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X Days without catacombed posts  (Read 6386 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: X Days without catacombed posts
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2014, 09:06 »

We have a few internal ones.

I'd name a few but I'm sure someone would probably take offense and report my post for it. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2014, 09:49 »

I'm imagining a "X days since MarySue" counter now.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:02 »

I'd think that one had a pretty high number on it.  A lot of the things people call MarySue .. makes me wonder if people have never actually seen anyone gazing at them with flashing emerald orbs before.  Not eyes.  Orbs.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:05 »

I'd think that one had a pretty high number on it.  A lot of the things people call MarySue .. makes me wonder if people have never actually seen anyone gazing at them with flashing emerald orbs before.  Not eyes.  Orbs.

Got me to actually chuckle out loud with that one.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:11 »

Simile and metaphor are extremely dangerous when used improperly. 50 Glazes of Jialei comes to mind as a good example.

I'll be sitting over here laughing while those of you who get the reference start retching and dry-heaving. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:37 »

Simile and metaphor are extremely dangerous when used improperly. 50 Glazes of Jialei comes to mind as a good example.

I'll be sitting over here laughing while those of you who get the reference start retching and dry-heaving. :lol:

You're terrible.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 28 Jan 2014, 17:00 »

You're terrible.

"X days since last retch-inducing post" counter?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #22 on: 28 Jan 2014, 20:43 »

'X days since Fap post' counter more like, amirite?

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:54 »

There really should be a MarySue character description thread where the goal is to make the most over-the-top and pointlessly verbose depiction of your char.

"Veikitamo looked at Arista with her steel-grey orbs, that were like swimming in into a pool of liquid mercury. Enigmatic, dangerous, highly reactive with right catalysts and just like the woman herself -- liable to cause detrimental health effects with continued exposure."

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 29 Jan 2014, 09:50 »

There really should be a MarySue character description thread where the goal is to make the most over-the-top and pointlessly verbose depiction of your char.

"Veikitamo looked at Arista with her steel-grey orbs, that were like swimming in into a pool of liquid mercury. Enigmatic, dangerous, highly reactive with right catalysts and just like the woman herself -- liable to cause detrimental health effects with continued exposure."

"Jace gazed at the two women staring at each other with their orbs, his own spheroid fear-inducers disseminating the sheer evil of his quivering presence."

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #25 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:40 »

This thread needs to get made.

Like, right this minute.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:45 »

Like, right this minute.

Kindly keep it PG-13.

You all probably remember what happened last time someone posted that kind of thing here. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #27 on: 29 Jan 2014, 11:00 »

gratuitous amounts of glazed baked goods.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 29 Jan 2014, 14:17 »

Huuuuurk!

We need a vomit emoticon.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #29 on: 29 Jan 2014, 16:44 »

Like, right this minute.

Might need a point scoring system for maximum justice.

Such as:

- Use of "orbs"
- Mixing of metaphors
- Abuse of Adjectives
- Multiple synonym descriptor
- Thesaurus abuse
- Profligate use of titles
- Amount of time "glaze" or "glazed" is used, bonus points if combined with baked goods.

Etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3