Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Your 'flagship'.  (Read 9299 times)

Desiderya

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Re: Your 'flagship'.
« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2013, 07:22 »

Desiderya

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2013, 07:28 »

Game mechanics are on our side!
Can't touch this!  :D

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #33 on: 13 Oct 2013, 23:57 »

A Hound.  Some with flowery names written on the side of the hull, others just with their identification numbers.  Scarred up, beaten.  Covert and Clandestine.  They are all fit the same way, ready for right now fluid combat.  Torps, tank and bombs.  Not a lot of space inside, it is all armor and utility and insulating blast material. 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

But to a Kameira it is as close as home gets.  No matter what happens she will have a Hound.  They got her through the shock of walking straight into bloc warfare, they got her through the Fountain war, through 6VDT-H.  It is the only place where she can be alone, feel comfortable.  An machine of war that became the only source of singular comfort.  And is now her only real sanctuary.  When you see her, it is often here.  On the couch in the low-ceiling common just below the FTL relay.  Using the shower that is just a few holes in the ceiling in what amounts to a closet.  Or sitting in the flight chairs placed on struts out in front of a massive starfield view.

It suits her because it is her, the ship she has bonded to the best.  Never had to learn how to fly it she just did.

Ready to bomb a fleet, that rush as you dive down, down, down. decloak and the bomb just ...goes.  The alignment, the insane rush.  Those few seconds that make the hours of waiting worth it.  To see if you will live and kill, or die and fail.  The ship builds to speed and the bomb bursts just behind you.  But you never ever look back.  Notifications scroll by like mana from heaven.

Targeted by an instacane, rounds impacting the MSE II, bang. bang.  But you slide away.

Right on top of a Tengu, meters away ..waiting.   The fleet decloaks and the torpedoes fly and you are already warping out as it bursts into shrapnel.

In a bubble, burning away from a gate, cloaking then maneuvering.... sliding silently 2,341m from the interceptor that slices through the electromagnetic static around you. 

Drifting.  At peace.  Hidden away where no one can ever find you.

It is a highly specialized ship, it is a sexy ship.  It, and her necklaces, are all she will ever value.

it isn't much, it isn't flashy.  But something about her...
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2014, 17:19 by Ayallah »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2013, 00:32 »

Twin Navy Apocs with sharply opposite interior decoration schemes.

Lux Aurumque and Nox Aurumque

One shoots Sanshas and Blooders. The other shoots tribal eggers.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 14 Oct 2013, 05:15 »

Game mechanics are on our side!
Can't touch this!  :D

Foiled again.  :psyccp:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #36 on: 15 Oct 2013, 07:24 »

The floors of the Proteus are smooth and black, occasionally odd blue and green lights will chase through beneath the smooth surface. The walls are a bright warm and smooth white with green tints, common to Gallentean spaces. The halls are wide, but the rooms are few. Most of the walls of the ship are lined with modular paneling, beneath which the systems are contained. Despite the large size of the ship, there are only about 30 people aboard the entire thing, giving the place a quiet almost abandoned feeling. All members of the crew are close personal friends of Saede, with clone backups of their own.

The living space is in the front of the ship, Saede's personal quarters are at the top of a small flight of stairs. Beyond a hatch to the outside, the steps lead up into a surprisingly traditional looking matari living room, with low comfortable furniture, beanbag chairs, hammock chairs,papason chairs, and a vaulting ceiling. Its a bit messy, with clothing hanging over things, and electronic bits and bobs sitting on many of the exposed surfaces. Posters mark the walls, including a few convention posters for the years of YC11-YC114. Windows line one arc of the wall, looking out the prow of the ship. Beneath the windows are a cushioned bed area, filled with blankets and pillows. A full kitchen is in a slightly raised section of the wide open plan studio space. Towards the rear of the ship is a large bathroom with a hottub.

Despite it all, something about the entire ship comes off as somewhat unnervingly alive, and very much in sync with Saede.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #37 on: 15 Oct 2013, 07:50 »

My current flagship is the Exequeror "Nation Repairer 10".

Nation Repairer 11 is lined up and ready to go.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #38 on: 15 Oct 2013, 08:38 »

My current flagship is the Exequeror "Nation Repairer 10".

Nation Repairer 11 is lined up and ready to go.

Nation, ever the poetic society.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #39 on: 15 Oct 2013, 10:45 »

"You know, for all that pirates are clever clogs, we sure are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things."
"Aye."
"I once sailed with a guy lost both of his arms and part of his eye."
"What'd you call him?"
"...'Larry'."
―Jack Sparrow and Gibbs

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 Oct 2013, 12:51 »

Arnulf's current flagship would likely be the Tempest Fleet Issue Princess Evanda.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #41 on: 15 Oct 2013, 16:44 »

Wellll. Let's see here! Unfortunately, a lot of my ship names are diminutives of the ship class.

Makoto's still rather behind the skill curve, so she doesn't fly the ships I'd like her to nearly as well as is deserved. Her ideal ship is going to be the PTSV Yamabushi, a Tengu -- PTSV being Priano Trans-Stellar Vehicle (other variants are PTSEV and PTSUV, Exploration and Utility, respectively). It's fit up and flyable, but not to the gold standard quite yet. Once it's closer to the mark, into the holes it goes.  :bear: Perhaps some day she'll be in a Caldari capital-- when they don't all blow goats. :x

Alexander's most often spotted running around in either the PTSEV Carrion Bird or the PTSUV Styx-- a Buzzard and Charon, respectively.

Sebastian Melmoth's twin Archons are named PTSV Khanid's Gift (Pantheon-fit Archon), and PTSV Khanid's Spirit (PvE fit.  :oops:) -- the idea being that it's fitted for independent operations.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #42 on: 15 Oct 2013, 21:53 »

All my flagships were my mission runners, on the theory that they would not blow up as much.  One was a Hyperion called the Arcadia.  Another was a geddon called Cortana, was going for all three swords, but never got there.  The last one I had was a rattler named Sting. 

If I ever get a carrier, it will likely become the new flagship, and be named the Witch.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #43 on: 25 Oct 2013, 17:27 »

Streya is able to fly a decent number of ships, ranging from basic frigates to the Legion to various battleships. But the ship she will always consider a flagship is the Cheetah.

The Cheetah is a small frigate that, when fit with an expanded probe launcher in mind, is just as fragile as rookie ships. It mounts a single 250mm light artillery cannon that can reach out to just over 40 kilometers with Tremor loaded, a microwarp drive, a scan pinpointing array, a scan rangefinding array, and a Warp Disruptor II. A micro auxiliary power core and two co-processors devote all of the ship's resources to its singular purpose: utilizing its microwarp drive and cloak to avoid others, its artillery cannon to finish off the odd pod or drone from a respectable range, and most importantly its expanded probe launcher to gather information.

The ship is not durable or powerful but that's not what the Cheetah is for, and Streya understands this. She is all about information superiority and being the first into a system and the last one out. In the gateless unknown of Anoikis the ability to gather intelligence is key; here there is no Local fluid router to inform the unwary. The Cheetah is a familiar ship to Streya, given her time spent aboard one prior to becoming a capsuleer. The ship is an extension of her constant lust for knowledge and information, and within two seconds she can enter a system and have combat scanner probes deployed in a stealthy 64 AU scan radius off directional scanner and then cloak up. There is no need for heavy armor plating or thick shielding when one is invisible and was never even seen in the first place.

I'm going to go site-running, do you see anything on d-scan?

Yes, little Tengu. Run sites.  :twisted:

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition
« Reply #44 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:34 »

I have a couple of flagships, but only one has seen capsuleer combat and this makes it my primary flagship: My Scorpion.

My first battleship, the Scorpion was the ship I flew while fighting the Amarr in the First Blood War. It was the Scorpion that dominated Khanid alongside Cyshades and Kehmors mighty Ravens. It was the Scorpion that flew untouched as we ravaged Providence time and time again. Finally, it flew in the mighty Veto bs roams, armour tanked so as to resist any gategun fire while it jammed the opposition.

It is now retired for memory's sake. Gathering dust in its attempt to match the mountains of memories it now stores.

I do intend to bring another to battle one day soon. This time to frustrate the enemies of Nation, as I frustrated those who thought to challenge the Covenant.  :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5