Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39629 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #150 on: 16 Sep 2013, 09:24 »

Well, that's unfortunate. But I got a good laugh out of it. :popcorn: etc.

Chat logs were fairly predictable - certain people were rather smug and had apparently wasted no time taking advantage of the lack of moderation in the new channels, certain people need to grow thicker skin before deciding to work in public relations...

... and I suppose I should thank CCP for blunting my interest in returning to the game. I'm really enjoying my lack of emotional investment in this stuff. Just need Star Citizen to hurry on up and get here, I have an RP itch to scratch.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #151 on: 16 Sep 2013, 13:50 »

The stuff I saw come through on the OOC channel reminded me of some of the stuff I would see in the general chat channel for Goldshire when I was playing in WoW...though Goldshire seemed tame in comparison to some of what I saw on the weekend.  And people wonder why no one wants to rp with them?   :bash:

I may try those channels again in a couple of months time, but I'm not really in a rush, or very hopeful about there being any change. I think, at the end of the day it really comes down to this: having access to the devs is one thing...it's called the forums.  Having access to actor characters, that is a little tricky, but the way I look at it, it should not be viewed as a right but a privilege to have access to the actors.  If you can't be shown to play well with others, then why should the actors interact with you?

Also, thinking about it, just some of the characters I've come across out there would have no reason to interact with the majority (if at all any) of these actor characters. Unless there is an actor character devoted to the Angel Cartel, why would (or more importantly, should) an Angel affiliated character be in the same room as a representative for the Imperial Royal House?

Last point, in my opinion, the unmoderated channels have more or less reinforced the fact that when on the internet or protected by being able to hide behind an alias, the majority of people are going to end up being dickish at some point...some more than others. Moderation, or the threat of moderation, does in fact curb a great deal of that much like laws in real life tend to make us a bit more civil when dealing with each other.  I don't know what it is, but without the actual threat of consequences, we seem to turn into rather hideous creatures.

Still, I love all you all despite our tendencies on the net  :cube:
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #152 on: 16 Sep 2013, 19:52 »

Huh.

Drama.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #153 on: 16 Sep 2013, 23:39 »

It seems, that the apparent issue with moderation of "the summit", and CCP event actors participation in "the summit", where the player-run moderation of a player-run channel resulted in people being blocked from interaction with event actors, this issue was reported to CCP Internal Affairs. Or so people claim.

And that CCP Falcon was forced by Internal Affairs to create these channels, once IA found out about the apparent issue.

Claims have been made to have seen Internal Affairs emails about this subject.

This is concerning, if there is any truth to this.

1. Falcon's position is now untenable, the status of Live Events as a form of interaction with the game world is also shaky. Any player shot down by an event actor can claim favouritism and/or grudges. Reducing the events to "shoot the piƱata".
2. Internal Affairs leaks like a sieve, giving that kind of information to the proverbial "bros" is a level of favouritism that is in itself, cause for IA investigation. It reduces confidence in CCP's ability to keep information confidential. If IA is fine with leaks of information about CCPs internal politics to random players, then is players personal information secure ? Would a CCP member leaking that player X is also player Y be reprimanded ?
3. Falcon cannot deny any of these things, because he's bound by IA regulations, which goes back into point 1.

So, congrats, Live events are now dead (maybe). Bad RP killed them. Good job everyone, crumpets and medals time.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #154 on: 17 Sep 2013, 00:14 »

It is my understanding that IA didn't leak. The complainer boasted.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #155 on: 17 Sep 2013, 02:13 »

Isn't discussion of IA or Dev action in the context of moderation/administration of their game a bannable offence?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #156 on: 17 Sep 2013, 02:53 »

IDK about IA, but when you "report" something, this is the generic junkmail you get.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We will investigate and take action as appropriate according to the EULA and our Terms of Service. Please bear in mind that any action that may or may not be taken against any reported pilot may not be discussed with a third party. Any such actions will remain confidential between CCP and the player in question, as per our Privacy Policy which you can find here.

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-privacy-policy/

We appreciate your concerns and we assure you that reports of this kind are taken seriously.  Please understand that we will also close this petition now, as we have received all the information we need to begin our investigation and  unfortunately may not share the outcomes or measures taken with other players due to our privacy policy. However, please do not hesitate to contact us again should this behavior come up again or if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

*Insert GM/CCP Personage here*

This means any player can run their mouth as they please, but CCP people can NOT:

..."may not share the outcomes or measures taken with other players due to our privacy policy."

(Which people must have noticed, even through my typos, was my serious beef with how all of this went down.)
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 02:57 by Arista Shahni »

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #157 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:05 »

Please bear in mind that any action that may or may not be taken against any reported pilot may not be discussed with a third party.

This isn't actually worded enormously clearly.  Specifically, it doesn't say a thing about who it may not be discussed by.  I agree that your interpretation is probably what was meant, but... taking small print for granted is dangerous.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #158 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:10 »

That means in gmspeak... your friends or enemies asking why we did or didnt ban the person in question will not be answered. Same as on every mmo ever.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #159 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:26 »

So certain individuals are blowing smoke out of their ass, or the chain of custody has been broken with regards to the proceedings. 

Either way, petitioning with logs for clarification if claims of GM complicity are stated by said individual could be a way forwards. 

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #160 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:54 »

2. Internal Affairs leaks like a sieve, giving that kind of information to the proverbial "bros" is a level of favouritism that is in itself, cause for IA investigation. It reduces confidence in CCP's ability to keep information confidential. If IA is fine with leaks of information about CCPs internal politics to random players, then is players personal information secure ? Would a CCP member leaking that player X is also player Y be reprimanded ?
I am really having difficulties believing somebody at IA would mess up so bad. Essentially putting their job at risk for something so petty as this. No, most likely unprofound boasting by a rumormonger.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #161 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:21 »

I find the subject of the thread a bit sad, I suppose. I guess if CCP want to do their own thing or follow some rules they've suddenly realised they're supposed to, more power to them. Sad that Falcon had to try shitting over the mods though. In my limited experience, they've all seemed pretty stand up to me.

Regardless, I'm a bad person and all of the above hasn't stopped me laughing at some of the gems posted in this thread. Keep it up :)

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #162 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:36 »

(not to be associated with Veik's Archuran Schoolgirl Jackboot Brigade [tm]).

I kinda work for them  :evil:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #163 on: 17 Sep 2013, 10:14 »

It's impossible to have a good discussion about this topic without talking specifically about Vea and her plotting.

Might as well shut the entire thread if we are going to start torpedoing comments about her, or caving to her woe is me objections. 

She can't take the heat? Stop starting fires in the kitchen.

I think negative comments about her are perfectly valid inside this specific topic, by the way.

Anslol

« Reply #164 on: 17 Sep 2013, 10:16 »

We all know who it was. Why should we be polite about it, ESPECIALLY when they're rubbing it in everyone's face.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21