Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39533 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #75 on: 12 Sep 2013, 23:45 »

Though there is either a written (or unwritren) rule against 'fingerpointing' byu any definition, if poeple wanna actually figure this out and stop obfuscating, just SAY what the hell you've SEEN in regards to Actors.

Example:

There were two Actors at the PIE Event, one which stayed longer than the other.

Yes. This.

What player events have there been where event actors turned up, in player-run channels ?

There have been many CCP events, where event actors have turned up in player channels to drum up interest/support/opposition. E.g. Agent Gaterau of the Federal Intelligence Office, turning up in "the summit", to drum up interest for Mentas Blaque's SDII rally thing. (example may not actually have happened, might have been a different Federal actor that appeared, but those were the names I could immediately recall.)

There's a world of difference between these two things. One is simple publicity of a CCP event, the other can be interpreted as CCP endorsement/acknowledgement of player events.

People are insinuating there has been "unacceptably heavy" endorsement of "certain factions", i.e. event actors turning up in X faction player-run events.

Evidence of this? Any evidence at all ?

Or is it just an imagined bias, by people with grudges against the operator teams of "the summit" and other places?

Convince me.
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #76 on: 12 Sep 2013, 23:50 »

Or is it just an imagined bias

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I can't say for sure the motivations behind the inaccurate perception, but it certainly is only that.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #77 on: 13 Sep 2013, 00:07 »

Convince me.
Why bother?

Or is it just an imagined bias, by people with grudges against the operator teams of "the summit" and other places?
You've already made it perfectly clear what your opinion is.

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #78 on: 13 Sep 2013, 00:18 »

I've never had any interaction with any CCP dev/employee during my time in game so this really makes absolutely no difference to me. If they want to create a wild west, (de facto) no rules channel that won't be actively monitored except possibly during some of their infrequent live events, so be it. I just know that I don't want to participate in it. I like hanging out where real people actually chat (even if the level of conversation can be pretty terribad at times).

Also, is it me or is Falcon turning into a real ass? I didn't have much interaction with him when he was a regular player so maybe I don't have a large enough data sample but, I don't recall him as being so snarky.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #79 on: 13 Sep 2013, 00:24 »

Well, when people are forced with withdraw and go a bit tough beause of work rules, theycan def. appear to be turning into "asses".  This often happens if..

Yes, you said it in your own post.  "I dind't know him as a player".  ie.

If there is a basis of comparison, sure, someone on the clock versus being cooll and "allowed to have a biased opinion" may appear to be an "ass" at times.

This is why there is Anomnity between player and official account aliases for CCP.

If it is divined by the playerbase who Falcon was, his ID will change again and he will likely be even more cut off from people.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2013, 00:25 by Arista Shahni »

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #80 on: 13 Sep 2013, 00:34 »

I actually said I didn't have much interaction with him when he was a player. That's very different from "didn't know the guy from Adam". I showed up in his RP channel and spoke with him a few times. I even got IC yelled at for fraternizing with reds/pirates over those visits. Those times IC and OOC he seemed like a decent guy. I just didn't know him as well as many others here.

I understand his new position requires him to toe the CCP corporate line. I just don't understand why the apparent need to make the kinds of smart ass remarks he has been in several forum posts lately.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #81 on: 13 Sep 2013, 00:52 »

I just don't understand why the apparent need to make the kinds of smart ass remarks he has been in several forum posts lately.

This is not new. He's always been snarky. :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #82 on: 13 Sep 2013, 01:18 »

Well, when people are forced with withdraw and go a bit tough beause of work rules, theycan def. appear to be turning into "asses".  This often happens if..

Yes, you said it in your own post.  "I dind't know him as a player".  ie.

If there is a basis of comparison, sure, someone on the clock versus being cooll and "allowed to have a biased opinion" may appear to be an "ass" at times.

This is why there is Anomnity between player and official account aliases for CCP.

If it is divined by the playerbase who Falcon was, his ID will change again and he will likely be even more cut off from people.

We know who he is. We knew almost immediately. Something about the similarity of the portraits and a certain veteren RPer closing their corp and giving all their stuff away.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #83 on: 13 Sep 2013, 03:52 »

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #86 on: 13 Sep 2013, 07:03 »

Convince me.
Why bother?

You've already made it perfectly clear what your opinion is.

The purpose of a forum is to share opinions.

Show us your evidence, and you might change my opinion.

If you do not show your evidence, then you won't.
\o/

Anslol

« Reply #87 on: 13 Sep 2013, 07:39 »

I just don't understand why the apparent need to make the kinds of smart ass remarks he has been in several forum posts lately.

This is not new. He's always been snarky. :)

Not empty quoting.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #88 on: 13 Sep 2013, 08:32 »

I'm kinda confused.....first, when you open the default channel list on the game client, there are 2 CCP channels "content" and "live events", neither of which is used by Team illuminati. I wonder why...

Second, i understand CCP decision to remove ANY kind of misperception around who, where and when players are reached through actors......

But i'm totally baffled by the 6 pages of discussion the annoucement of CCP falcon created here on Backstage....can't we all take a wait and see approach? i'm not really happy to see a known channel turned into a graveyard because CCP actors no longer visit it.....but they are not cutting us out entirely (which has been the usual in the past).....they are just changing locations.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #89 on: 13 Sep 2013, 08:53 »

I'm kinda confused.....first, when you open the default channel list on the game client, there are 2 CCP channels "content" and "live events", neither of which is used by Team illuminati. I wonder why...

Second, i understand CCP decision to remove ANY kind of misperception around who, where and when players are reached through actors......

But i'm totally baffled by the 6 pages of discussion the annoucement of CCP falcon created here on Backstage....can't we all take a wait and see approach? i'm not really happy to see a known channel turned into a graveyard because CCP actors no longer visit it.....but they are not cutting us out entirely (which has been the usual in the past).....they are just changing locations.

That's not the issue, I think most of us are super fine with an official ccp IC and OOC channel, more power to them, bring more RPers in, advertise it, etc, good luck and all that.

Us mod team people are displaying a high level of butthurt because the stated REASONS from this from the mouth of a ccp employee is that we are fail moderators and that our channel is shit and we ban people for no reason willy nilly and that we 'can't get along' with everyone. 

This is false, not getting along with a handful of consistently shitty trolls who shit up things for just about everyone else is not a failure on our part, it's a failure on the troll's part.  And the trolls bitching and whining does not make it our fault.  CCP employees saying this is happening because of our failures is the thing we are uncomfortable with.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21