Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The main ingredients in Protein Delicacies were in fact organic waste, processed station sewage and second grade biomass? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: CCP Soundwave Peacing (as in leaving)  (Read 5703 times)

Anslol

« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2013, 13:59 by Anslol »

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: CCP Soundwave Peacing (as in leaving)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2013, 14:07 »

Five years was about average for me when it comes to 'time in studio'.

In Game Development you tend to need to move to get the job you want, it's very hard to create the job you want in situ.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2013, 15:08 »

Oh dear god he's coming to LoL.

Well this'll be interesting.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2013, 15:09 »

Oh dear god he's coming to LoL.

Well this'll be interesting.

Inb4 first deployment after he starts there officially changes the name of the game to Rage of Legends...
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2013, 15:20 »

Five years was about average for me when it comes to 'time in studio'.

In Game Development you tend to need to move to get the job you want, it's very hard to create the job you want in situ.

^

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2013, 09:27 »

I'm not up to speed on the LOL thing, am I supposed to like DOTA2 or LOL? Which one is the one to pile derision on?

And best of luck to soundwave of course.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2013, 09:35 »

Flip a coin, Silas.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2013, 19:10 »

Awww... Soundwave was always the awesomes. Will be missed, bad.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2013, 02:16 »

Perhaps he's realized that moving numbers in the database is the extent of development allowed for EVE for the forseeable future.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2013, 02:26 »

As an Eve player, sad.  As a League player, woo!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2013, 09:21 »

Perhaps he's realized that moving numbers in the database is the extent of development allowed for EVE for the forseeable future.

This came up on teamspeak yesterday, good observation as always Graelyn.

It made us all very, very depressed that the last 5 or 6 years of expansions have been 90%  buffing / nerfing.  Buffing / nerfing.  There's no new GAMEPLAY. There's nothing NEW or DIFFERENT going on, they have just been re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic for the last several years of expansion.

Wasn't Soundwave the one that pushed for the Aurum store btw?

Good luck to the man but I wan't someone new in there taking this ship in new and interesting ideas or so help me once Star Citizen is out Eve will be a ghost town.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #11 on: 08 Sep 2013, 09:42 »

In the same vein, however, this is what most of DOTA and LOL's design is about as well. New content is added in the form of champions (which can introduce new mechanics), rebalancing of buffing/nerfing, and sometimes new items around the seasonal changes. New maps/game modes are pushed for, but because the balancing is so centered on the original 5v5 Summoner's Rift these modes aren't allowed to flourish. 3v3 is still in 'beta', and 5v5 Capture&Hold has no competitive support a year or two after its release.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 08 Sep 2013, 10:13 »

In the same vein, however, this is what most of DOTA and LOL's design is about as well. New content is added in the form of champions (which can introduce new mechanics), rebalancing of buffing/nerfing, and sometimes new items around the seasonal changes. New maps/game modes are pushed for, but because the balancing is so centered on the original 5v5 Summoner's Rift these modes aren't allowed to flourish. 3v3 is still in 'beta', and 5v5 Capture&Hold has no competitive support a year or two after its release.

LOL is making cash money though? Likely a pay-raise to a hugely popular and much-watched competitive game?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 08 Sep 2013, 10:38 »

This came up on teamspeak yesterday, good observation as always Graelyn.

It made us all very, very depressed that the last 5 or 6 years of expansions have been 90%  buffing / nerfing.  Buffing / nerfing.  There's no new GAMEPLAY. There's nothing NEW or DIFFERENT going on, they have just been re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic for the last several years of expansion.

Wasn't Soundwave the one that pushed for the Aurum store btw?

Good luck to the man but I wan't someone new in there taking this ship in new and interesting ideas or so help me once Star Citizen is out Eve will be a ghost town.

I'm not sure that Soundwave had the final word on what had to be done gameplay wise anyway.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 08 Sep 2013, 13:07 »

There was a call to get back to basics after what many saw as questionable new directions explored without proper planning.

I personally think the ship rebalances were awesome. I think they should be finished but, yeah, I'd like to see some new direction now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5