Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: A trend and a discussion.  (Read 16901 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: A trend and a discussion.
« Reply #90 on: 21 May 2010, 17:42 »

So the sansha conference can be held in the summit aswell then?
Sure, if it's a conference that rallies or welcomes the overwhelming majority of the capsuleers in EVE.

There's been mention of Sansha supporters inviting people over en masse to go and make clear their position on something in a friendly fashion, or offer some benefit; apologists of the Nation-de-facto, so to speak. They're certainly welcome to it.

Saxon Hawke, the man so nice you list him twice!
Fixed.
I feel my name on that list is mis-representative. I still strongly disagree, which didn't change during our discussion. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that I was simply not clear enough about that. I just decided there there would be no gain in trying to argue with you about it further. I hadn't planned on coming back to this thread, but I felt that required clarification.

Edit: I would suggest that if you are going to make lists of people, you are extraordinarily careful that they don't feel that such lists misrepresent their position.
Fixed.

And yeah, I'll take the benefit of the doubt, considering you said 'let's see what happens' or some idiomatic relative thereof a couple of times in our chat, apparently out of kindness when I needed none.

Just...next time you spend a quarter of an hour talking to me about it, why not say 'let's agree to disagree,' or some variant of that? Judging by the past, you and I both can.

Leaving aside ingredients lists, quasi-roborative nostrums and exhortations to have ten ears of corn rise where before one struggled to grow (allegedly),
Tell me, have you ever promoted a setting to a wider base?
How do you do it?

I find it markedly easy to tar and feather those you would criticize as sellers of snake-oil, but to be frank, the homeopathic elixirs you have yourself brewed out in the open in recent years have not been of the in-character variety.

I've actually done this before.
The issue, really, is one of perception because neutrality is a matter of perception, largely, and if an RP channel that existed to provide a neutral, common ground is seen to lose its neutrality then, in effect, it actually has.

The solutions really boil down to:
1) Fix perceived problems with an existing resource.
2) Start again somewhere else.
If:
- it's a matter of perception and,
- some will always perceive a single precedent, however non-representative or distant of current circumstances, as a vital source of input on the truth, the facts, the end of the line,

then there was simply nothing I could have done to please everyone from the start.

Certainly, I will not make promises that I'll never again see a reason to host an event in a given setting if I'm in a position to.
I could support that, assuming that it has something different to offer besides a different mod list.

Then, by all means, let's go and make a new thread and wash our hands of this embarrassing tract of how the few and repetitive go against the one and defensive to little gain.

A hint, though - don't try to please everyone.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 17:46 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #91 on: 21 May 2010, 21:48 »

A hint, though - don't try to please everyone.

I learned that life lesson many years ago, the hard way (probably took a few tries to get it through my thick skull). :)

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #92 on: 21 May 2010, 22:35 »

Does this count as a Threadnaught yet or is it still just a T2 Babblecruiser?

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #93 on: 21 May 2010, 22:37 »

By Backstage standards, it just might ^^

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #94 on: 21 May 2010, 22:52 »

Have the same points been brought up on page 7 as page 2?  If so - Threadnaught!

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #95 on: 22 May 2010, 00:42 »

\o/

The first official Threadnaught of Backstage!

\o/

I am not sure why I am proud of this hallmark.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #96 on: 22 May 2010, 02:08 »

There has been plenty of events in the channels history where different factions have stood on their soap boxes in the same channel with their enemies and they have asked the moderators of that channel to moderate the event so that there would not be bias.

Restricting your opposition's capability to dissent in the same medium being used to assent...

...removes bias?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]