Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: A little less psychic predictions, please?  (Read 10703 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: A little less psychic predictions, please?
« Reply #30 on: 21 May 2013, 12:24 »

It is a shame to see people building up a conspiracy theory and then expect to be taken serious. :|
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 21 May 2013, 12:26 »

I am not sure a lot of people really fall for it... As far as I know we all know better and someone doing this is definitely not going to get a lot of admiration, be it OOCly or ICly, except from a fringe of naive roleplayers maybe.

Characters trying to win every time are rarely the ones held in the best esteem in my experience. Why bothering so much ?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2013, 12:26 »

I'm just going to stop posting about Yanala.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2013, 12:57 »

It would be great if Yanala is not really dead. Perhaps peeps would then more obvious see that they a staining their characters interpretation of events with OOC information.

Shiori

« Reply #34 on: 21 May 2013, 13:22 »

More on topic:
Oh, I'd agree that people telling riveting tales of the exact details of Yanala's death are laying it on a bit too thick, maybe.

But given my ideas about the balance of power in the State, and that there is no such thing as a happy ending, Yanala's fate seemed fairly obvious to Shiori ever since the fall of Shiigeru. Not to mention the local log full of the Little Doomsday Device that Couldn't. The discussion seemed like a natural place to voice it.

If people feel this somehow tarnishes my reputation, that's just lovely, I guess.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 21 May 2013, 13:28 »

Don't read this sort of thing. Honestly, it kills RP. I couldn't figure out what some people were talking about in Summit because apparently Chronicle knowledge *was already assumed*.

That's daft.

But honestly, it is really a fault of the writers. I used to love Abraxas writing style for example, but his favorite focus subjects were uber-secretive matters, which my character just wouldn't have access too.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #36 on: 21 May 2013, 17:15 »

Personally I feel no shame for ICly assuming she's dead. The State has a suicide culture, and losing the battle for Caldari Prime of all places is a pretty serious thing. It's been my hope from the start that she'd suicide as it's a neat cultural aspect.

The fact that Heth was involved is something my character has no idea of and would never suspect, but nothing wrong with her thinking that Yanala might have offed herself when it's rather common for Caldari to do so.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 21 May 2013, 18:21 »

Personally I feel no shame for ICly assuming she's dead. The State has a suicide culture, and losing the battle for Caldari Prime of all places is a pretty serious thing. It's been my hope from the start that she'd suicide as it's a neat cultural aspect.

The fact that Heth was involved is something my character has no idea of and would never suspect, but nothing wrong with her thinking that Yanala might have offed herself when it's rather common for Caldari to do so.

Actually, shouldn't we be getting all sorts of tales of junior and mid level officers going all seppuku after the battle was lost?

Dem people gonna demand some suicidin' for that one.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #38 on: 21 May 2013, 19:02 »

We should, yes. One of the reasons I was really hoping for Yanala to suicide and am happy that she did is because we haven't heard nearly enough cases of it in PF, despite the fact it's supposed to be rather common for the State.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 22 May 2013, 01:14 »

Whats the point of capsuleers suiciding if they just soft clone and keep on trucking?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #40 on: 22 May 2013, 01:57 »

Whats the point of capsuleers suiciding if they just soft clone and keep on trucking?

It's not suicide if the capsuleer doesn't have the fortitude to terminate their clones first.

However, was mainly talking about baseliners. Yanala was just a special case.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #41 on: 22 May 2013, 05:23 »

It's not suicide if the capsuleer doesn't have the fortitude to terminate their clones first.

Nope, she wasn't. Heth (maybe with Navy CEO, dunno if she was actually involved or was just supporting him) discharged her from the navy and revoked capsuleer contract. The rest was determined.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 22 May 2013, 06:19 »

I think we're at the point with Heth where almost any act of tyranny is no longer inconceivable to the majority. Post-declaration that he has ruined the largest Corporation that has ever existed and wishes to nationalise the rest of them - anything can be believed.

Seriously. Who DIDN'T see this coming? Why should our characters be less genre-savvy?

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 22 May 2013, 06:41 »

Because technically the cronicle does not explicit state that Yanala dies. Someone (Heth?) could have pushed the cup out of her hand or the tea was not poisened in the first place. So even with our OOC knowledge it is assumptions that we believe she is dead and who is to blame. This is in fact the perfect situation for the CCP event team to teach people not to use OOC knowledge with such overconfidence unless they want the risk of being labeled as crazy conspiracy theorists.

And let us not forget the Tahaki Karin option.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 06:47 by Myyona »

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #44 on: 22 May 2013, 07:08 »

Nope, she wasn't. Heth (maybe with Navy CEO, dunno if she was actually involved or was just supporting him) discharged her from the navy and revoked capsuleer contract. The rest was determined.

That part bugs me.   Before this point Heth didn't have that sort of direct control over the Navy, and for many of us that is an extremely important detail.  :psyccp:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7