Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: A little less psychic predictions, please?  (Read 10705 times)

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
Re: A little less psychic predictions, please?
« Reply #90 on: 31 May 2013, 07:44 »

I can't see the Empire risking that at the cost of angering the rest of the megacorporate CEOs. If they decide to just default on their loan repayment (or simply delay them) that won't be good for the Amarr either. Keep in mind whoever takes the CEO seat at KK isn't likely to be too Heth-friendly either, which means Jamyl is going to be looking at a lot of unfriendly faces. Plus, this is the same guy who was making diplomatic overtures to the Minmatar, and who is not exactly a fellow traveller with the Amarr religion, I'm assuming.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #91 on: 31 May 2013, 08:29 »

That's also valid.

Remember that less happened between the Fed and the Rep.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #92 on: 31 May 2013, 09:36 »

I hope Heth survives this shitstorm somehow, taking a huge fall from grace but not vanishing completely. I like the idea of disrupting everyone's expectations.
Don't rain on my parade... :(

I know, I'm sorry. Karin Midular was a much better character to keep around than Tibus Heth.

It's just that, you know, I like surprises.

Guess he runs to the Empire? Maybe?
Not the safest of places, really. CEP would demand his return for trial, and since Heth would then be a powerless pawn wanted by the Amarr's ally, he would be swiftly handed over (doubtless with the expectation of reciprocation of some sort).

I would be amused if Heth ran to Mordu's Legion. He'd be safe with them, assuming he can continue to pay them to protect him.
Except that he was the Empire's ally.

The Patriots are on the decline across the State and while the Provist and Patriots are not the same, he built his position on the power of the Patriot bloc and destroyed it in the process.

Ishukone is on the rise (grumble grumble) and is more inclined to trade with the Federation than fight them.  The Empire needs the balance of power maintained.
So? If Heth is ousted, he becomes a regular man with little support in the State. That's utterly useless to the Amarr. The Amarr are in the midst of a conflict with the Minmatar, and both sides are very keen on wiping the other out. They do need their allies (largely for the economic/tech benefits), and they've invested heavily into the Caldari State by this time (all those loans, etc).

It would make even less sense if Heth were to run to the Kingdom, as they are very well connected tradewise. I imagine Khanid II would be displeased if Jamyl took in Heth, as the CEP would likely put pressure upon him to use his influence to get Heth extradited.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #93 on: 31 May 2013, 21:56 »

So? If Heth is ousted, he becomes a regular man with little support in the State.
As far as I understand, Heth, besides being an Executor, is a CEO of at least three corporations. You can, say, kill him, but to oust and made him "regular man"?..

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #94 on: 31 May 2013, 22:04 »

So? If Heth is ousted, he becomes a regular man with little support in the State.
As far as I understand, Heth, besides being an Executor, is a CEO of at least three corporations. You can, say, kill him, but to oust and made him "regular man"?..

This.

Kaalakiota will likely replace him soon, but he will remain CEO of Caldari Constructions and the other corp (dont remember the name)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #95 on: 31 May 2013, 22:19 »

This.

Kaalakiota will likely replace him soon, but he will remain CEO of Caldari Constructions and the other corp (dont remember the name)

Um... just CC, iirc.  Heth owns majority stock in Caldari Constructions.

Ytiri's board of directors (which is largely owned by KK prior to EA) choose Heth to take the reigns.  So presumably, KK says "Your out as KK's CEO and Ytiri will soon have a new CEO too."

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #96 on: 31 May 2013, 22:57 »

If the CEP imposes some sort of official sanction, it might include confiscation of his shares. In fact, if there is a mechanism to remove someone's citizenship with their Mega, or with the State, it would be strange if it didn't include taking away any shares they may own.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #97 on: 01 Jun 2013, 02:41 »

If the CEP imposes some sort of official sanction, it might include confiscation of his shares. In fact, if there is a mechanism to remove someone's citizenship with their Mega, or with the State, it would be strange if it didn't include taking away any shares they may own.
I think such decision can make only CBT, but not CEP. Because, well, Megas can dump their own citizens, but I highly doubt they can dump other corp citizens.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #98 on: 01 Jun 2013, 08:41 »

I think such decision can make only CBT, but not CEP. Because, well, Megas can dump their own citizens, but I highly doubt they can dump other corp citizens.

Heth has already shown control over the CBT by using executive orders to override the legal process. It's more likely that if he is removed, it will be by other means.

Shiori

« Reply #99 on: 01 Jun 2013, 09:01 »

Well, but he can't issue an executive order to counter the order taking away his ability to issue executive orders.

Unless he can use that power as an interrupt. :straight face:

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #100 on: 01 Jun 2013, 09:31 »

Heth has already shown control over the CBT by using executive orders to override the legal process. It's more likely that if he is removed, it will be by other means.
By a means of a bullet. Or flying brick. Because I can't imagine how a Mega will try to change another Mega's CEO without help of CBT.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #101 on: 01 Jun 2013, 10:09 »

Considering what Heth has evidently done to Kaalakiota, if the KK board does not vote him out and put him on his ass, then I will be sorely disappointed. As far as Caldari Constructions goes, with 7 or 8 megacorporations aligned against him, it won't be hard to destroy him. If nothing else, they can have CFU (which they control) simply refuse to loan them any money. From the sound of the Caldari Financial System article, that would destroy them in a hurry, and make them vulnerable to all sorts of economic (and other) warfare.

That is assuming they don't just arrange for him to quietly disappear and, oh gee, what do you know, he has no next of kin. Stock is sold off to pay off his (many) debts and the megas devour it. I do not understand why people thing these are so insurmountable. Caldari law was written by the megacorporations, don't think that they never anticipated things like this. Extreme sanction exists for a reason.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #102 on: 01 Jun 2013, 11:04 »

Unless he can use that power as an interrupt. :straight face:
Ha, great.  :D
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #103 on: 01 Jun 2013, 16:07 »

Hmm, a thread with this title now derailed into speculations. The irony.
Heheheheh.
-OOChé

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #104 on: 01 Jun 2013, 18:04 »

I vote to let all the psychic predictions be handled by that one soothsayer lady who makes those occult posts on IGS along with foreboding statements about the people who respond. That would be pretty cool. "...and then an invisible hand will descend from the sleeping planet and you will know it by its name, Enheduanni, and, ooo, it will usher forth the Tower..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]