Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: YDIW disguised moderation ?  (Read 7410 times)

Desiderya

Re: YDIW disguised moderation ?
« Reply #15 on: 18 Apr 2013, 07:53 »

I'd like to point out that I think the majority of posters here can do this without a team of lawyers.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #16 on: 18 Apr 2013, 08:14 »

I'd like to point out that I think the majority of posters here can do this without a team of lawyers.

Funny that you mention it, the "majority of posters" does not get moderated quite as draconically as I did in regards to this post.

It's astounding that both Lyn and Karmilla seem to agree with me on this point - and as you might have noticed, we usually don't agree on anything.  :)

Edit: Furthermore, my joking referrence to Shakor acting like a pimp was also catacombed - while another poster's "funny sig" about a super hero whose specialty is (and I quote) "ass raping" children is perfectly fine for the mods.  :|
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2013, 08:17 by Laerise [PIE] »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 18 Apr 2013, 08:18 »

Please do not put words in my mouth too quickly, I created this post mostly because I couldn't see the YDIW in it. I am still unconvinced since it sounds a little stretched to me but it goes both ways, I am not convinced either the moderation was wrong here.

Especially concerning the employed tone.

The last one with the facepalm picture that got moderated is certainly not something I agree with.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2013, 08:53 »

Please do not put words in my mouth too quickly, I created this post mostly because I couldn't see the YDIW in it. I am still unconvinced since it sounds a little stretched to me but it goes both ways, I am not convinced either the moderation was wrong here.

Especially concerning the employed tone.

The last one with the facepalm picture that got moderated is certainly not something I agree with.

Oh that one, yeah, that was, admittedly, somewhat over the top  :lol:

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #19 on: 18 Apr 2013, 13:28 »

Quote from: Laerise [PIE

Edit: Furthermore, my joking referrence to Shakor acting like a pimp was also catacombed - while another poster's "funny sig" about a super hero whose specialty is (and I quote) "ass raping" children is perfectly fine for the mods.  :|

Well there is a reason I keep it under a spoiler tag.... :roll:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2013, 03:24 »

Quote from: Laerise [PIE

Well there is a reason I keep it under a spoiler tag.... :roll:

Well, if putting things behind spoiler tags means you get to do whatever you like then I should just spoiler tag all my posts from now on?  :roll:

Desiderya

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2013, 03:48 »

Funny that you mention it, the "majority of posters" does not get moderated quite as draconically as I did in regards to this post.

It's astounding that both Lyn and Karmilla seem to agree with me on this point - and as you might have noticed, we usually don't agree on anything.  :)

I agree on the message of your post tbh, but the wording is what got you modded, and not the content about overused or ham-fisted use of tropes.
Besides you were not talking about that single post but about all your posts that will 'require a team of lawyers and PC advisors'.
Lastly, if one gets modded regularily one could begin to suspect that at some point one should learn what will fly here and what not and adjust the postings to fit these standards.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2013, 03:50 »

I agree on the message of your post tbh, but the wording is what got you modded, and not the content about overused or ham-fisted use of tropes.
Besides you were not talking about that single post but about all your posts that will 'require a team of lawyers and PC advisors'.
Lastly, if one gets modded regularily one could begin to suspect that at some point one should learn what will fly here and what not and adjust the postings to fit these standards.

Unless you haven't noticed it yet, these "standards" do not apply to everyone on these boards, so...  :psyccp:

Edit: I guess I wouldn't care so much if the forums goal was different. Right now though it's just a slightly politer chatsubo where the moderators and their clique can ride scott free.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013, 03:53 by Laerise [PIE] »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2013, 04:01 »

:psyccp:

CCP?

Well using the "picard" image would just get me moderated again, no?  :D

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 19 Apr 2013, 04:02 »

CCP?

Maybe try Commander Riker instead? Not quite as powerful, but still rather nice.

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #26 on: 19 Apr 2013, 04:03 »

CCP?

Maybe try Commander Riker instead? Not quite as powerful, but still rather nice.

There's a commander Riker facepalm gif?  :o

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 19 Apr 2013, 04:05 »

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #28 on: 19 Apr 2013, 04:08 »

Aah, I'll add that to my favorites then.
Pages: 1 [2]