Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45378 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #375 on: 03 May 2013, 14:05 »

I find most slavery discussions boring. There's little in the way of communication that actually happens.

I have no problem with Sarum stepping up the Reclaiming. It doesn't defines the Amarr and I think the majority of RPers know this.

I agree with Nico on this. The issue isn't military Reclaiming, it's the fact that the Sarum attack is probably going to get stomped utterly by capsuleer intervention. However, this sounds to be also a DUST event, so it might be more of an ongoing thing rather than a single "lol kill the caps" thing.

Yes, the Uprising patch goes live on the 6th while DUST itself launches on 5/14. Eleven days from now.

The plan is to have all non-FW low sec be available for PC. For the Bleak Lands, that would be parts of Ichida and Ohvarainen.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 14:15 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #376 on: 03 May 2013, 14:09 »

They will start, however, from Molden Heath. Districts will be visible on 6th, conquest has been delayed until 14th.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #377 on: 03 May 2013, 14:11 »

So, he basically goes around and punish the bad guys. I do not really see what's so Amarrian liberal in this. I would expect most conservatives and orthodox to do the exact same thing on their demesne if they truly are serious leaders.

I would however be interested to read the bit of PFs where TM supports TCMCs, even though I do not see how it necessarily makes of them fanatics like the Khanid. I can believe well enough that TM are probably damn pragmatics, but I have a very hard time picturing them like mini Khanids, especially considering their ancestry and views on "races"...
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 14:13 by Lyn Farel »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #378 on: 03 May 2013, 14:35 »

So, he basically goes around and punish the bad guys. I do not really see what's so Amarrian liberal in this. I would expect most conservatives and orthodox to do the exact same thing on their demesne if they truly are serious leaders.

I would however be interested to read the bit of PFs where TM supports TCMCs, even though I do not see how it necessarily makes of them fanatics like the Khanid. I can believe well enough that TM are probably damn pragmatics, but I have a very hard time picturing them like mini Khanids, especially considering their ancestry and views on "races"...

I'd link it to you, but the new website organization has made it very hard to find old news posts (old links are broken, there is no search function, and none of the race-specific channels are available at all).

Simply, in the various news reports about the TCMC controversy, we got a few bits of information:

1) They are banned in pretty much every Holding in Ardishapur.
2) Khanid Kingdom believes in the individual authority of the Holder and has instituted no official policy. However, the Slavery article outright states that they widely employ TCMCs, and it is not considered controversial there.
3) Tash-Murkon has a high amount of TCMC-supporting Holders, though there are detractors there. One of said detractors moved away from TM due to his views.
4) The Theology Council is split pretty evenly between supporters and detractors, and no official policy was instated. TC says that it is up to individual Heirs and Holders to determine if they are banned or permitted in their Holdings.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 14:40 by Samira Kernher »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #379 on: 03 May 2013, 14:42 »

To add a bit to the Kingdom infos: Ishukone and Khanid Kingdom sign multitrillion trade deal on Transcranial Microcontrollers.

I'd assume that the majority of Holders in the Kingdom use them.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 14:43 by Makkal »

Current Events

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #380 on: 03 May 2013, 14:50 »

Oh, neat. The old race news -are- available. Just under the completely disorganized general 'EVE Online News' section. Yay. That'll be fun to research. >.>

Please add a search engine at least, CCP.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #381 on: 03 May 2013, 15:01 »

Quote from: Aritcio Kor-Azor
"This is the part where I play the Devil,"

Amarrian faith has a Devil?
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #382 on: 03 May 2013, 15:05 »

Molok the Deceiver is the closest thing to a devil.

"After his death, Molok became something of a vengeful spirit in Amarr lore. He continually crops up in the Scriptures, attempting to deceive the righteous and cast them into sin and heresy. In most instances, he is not described as an actual presence, but rather a metaphorical representation of temptation."
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 15:08 by Makkal »

Current Events

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #383 on: 03 May 2013, 15:09 »

And here's the news articles, Lyn. Went through the list and found them all.

Tash-Murkon Holder charges neighbor with Heresy for employing Transcranial Microcontrollers
Numerous Holders ban usage of Transcranial Microcontrollers
Tash-Murkon Holder to move to Ammatar Mandate
Theology Council declines to hear Transcranial Microcontroller Debate
Opinions on Transcranial Microcontrollers sharply divided in Empire

Exact numbers are not available, but nearly 80 percent of the Holders in the Ammatar Mandate and other Ardishapur Family domains are estimated to have banned their usage, while high numbers have also been reported in the Kador Family's domains. Few Holders outside these areas have banned the controllers' use, with almost none being reported in the Tash-Murkon Region, where the recent debate first ignited.

Lord Tarpur's thoughts are shared by many, particularly in the Ammatar Mandate and the Kador region. Dissenting voices, such as those of Lady Tanash of Esa, are primarily clustered in the Tash-Murkon region and around Sarum Family holdings.

Apparently Sarum are pro-TCMCs, too. Interesting. Didn't remember that bit. Going to have to curb Samira's support of House Sarum a bit.

The most neutral voices came from the Khanid Kingdom, where Transcranial Microcontrollers first entered the public spotlight. "It is a silly question," said Lord Gothin, one of the many to have used the devices. "Use them or not? They are a tool, nothing else. It is not the tool which is evil or good, it is the one who wields it. A Holder should determine what is best for his own slaves. No one else. That is how we treat it here in the Kingdom. A Holder is responsible for the affairs of his own house and none other's. God shall grant providence to those who are proper and failure to those who aren't."
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 15:14 by Samira Kernher »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #384 on: 03 May 2013, 17:02 »

Ah neat, now I remember that series of news.

Lucas Raholan

• Holder of the Holy Bottle
  • Clonejack
  • We have Gold ships, yours is inferior
« Reply #385 on: 06 Aug 2013, 19:01 »

Interesting to see that the Empire is so split about this..Given that a arc involving the Amarr is likely Soontm I wonder what will spark off conflict..and with whom, all these differences between House's still means internal conflict is still on the table at least to me it is.
Liberal Amarr RP'er
I still consider myself pretty new to the RP scene
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]