Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45311 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Amarr Arc
« on: 09 Feb 2013, 11:46 »

Ardishapur Family Criticizes Imperial Educational Standards

Edit:  I think it would be useful to double use these threads as a basis for chronicling OOC the events, linking to appropriate threads, to later build the Evelopedia page.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2013, 11:49 by orange »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2013, 11:59 »

Ardishaput forms educational committee, Jamyl strikes it down, begin revolt #2?

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2013, 12:10 »

Well, Yonis did improve education in the Mandate after he was made governor, so it's not a very surprising development.

I'd imagine the general education of commoners would mainly be a duty for the local holder though.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2013, 16:31 »

I have a sneaking suspicion the new curriculum will support a more.... conservative approach to all things, and interject some not-unsubtle doubt on Jamyl's legitimacy. 

But I love that the news report is 'about' education curriculum and civil servants while the State is tearing itself to pieces next door.  Just love how for the Amarr this amount of squabbling publicly over a possibly 'trivial' subject can be seen as JUST AS BIG OF A DEAL.

:)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2013, 18:00 »

i'll point out that it's in the "Amarr news" channel

And, instead of being reported by "The Scope", it's got the ACN logo!

\o/
\o/

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 09 Feb 2013, 19:17 »

Ardishapur is deeply influenced by the Speakers of Truth - one of the chief educational institutions of the Empire.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 09 Feb 2013, 19:37 »

TBH, at this point there's a decent part of me that'd rather see Jamyl remain in power, albeit significantly weakened and more subordinate to the other heirs.

Reasons are twofold: First, if everyone gets deposed in short order, it'd be kind of... I dunno, bland? "Hey guys, instead of offering a varying evolution of all of the big 4, they're all getting their leaders offed and we're starting with a completely new slate." Just seems kinda =S to me.

Second, the Amarr just had an Emperor get offed. Can the nation that nominally has the longest-reigning leaders not have the single fastest leadership turnover in the game?

On the otherhand, Jamyl herself represents such a colossal headache for many Amarr that it'd be sticky to leave her in place as well. So, I dunno.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #7 on: 09 Feb 2013, 20:46 »

I hope they're not going to a civil war with different reasons like the Caldari, mostly because it's not fun to see two plots just act the same. So I believe they're probably going elsewhere with this, though it's probably too soon to know. Maybe a stronger centralization?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 09 Feb 2013, 21:48 »

As much as I'd love to see Yonis as emperor, the Empire has definitely had too much turnover. Better that Jamyl stays.

I don't really see this as a precursor towards deposing Jamyl, though. There's not quite as much player outcry against her as there has been against Heth, so I don't see what reason there'd be to get rid of her.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #9 on: 10 Feb 2013, 02:21 »

As much as I'd love to see Yonis as emperor, the Empire has definitely had too much turnover. Better that Jamyl stays.

I don't really see this as a precursor towards deposing Jamyl, though. There's not quite as much player outcry against her as there has been against Heth, so I don't see what reason there'd be to get rid of her.

Ahahahaha, hahahaha, ahahahahah. You obviously haven't been around long enough then. I remember how 99% of the loyalist bloc went up in ooc arms against the "omg psychic zombie queen jamyl"  :lol:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2013, 02:29 »

I'll see your fascist state dictator and raise you our zombie drug-addled mind controlled by an ai telepathic with superhuman strength empress any day of the week.

She.

Is.

The.

Worst.

No debate.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2013, 02:52 »

Ahahahaha, hahahaha, ahahahahah. You obviously haven't been around long enough then. I remember how 99% of the loyalist bloc went up in ooc arms against the "omg psychic zombie queen jamyl"  :lol:

Not saying she isn't bad. :P Just all the flak I've been seeing lately has been targeted at Heth rather than Jamyl.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2013, 02:59 by Samira Kernher »

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #12 on: 10 Feb 2013, 02:57 »

Not saying she isn't bad. :P Just all the flak I've been seeing lately has been targeted at Heth rather than Jamyl.

I hear you. It's mostly because the loyalist bloc has, over the years, learned to roll with the punches.  :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 10 Feb 2013, 06:13 »

Ammatar UPRISING WOOO

Amarr RPers have always been a little more blasé.

It's the most ungrateful faction to play in my experience, so when something like that happens they usually shrug it off with fatalism.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 10 Feb 2013, 06:50 »

It also may be a normal news that wont lead to nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26