Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You fly your ship from inside a pod, not from a bridge?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Character] Anslo  (Read 9548 times)

Anslol

Re: [Character] Anslo
« Reply #15 on: 14 Feb 2013, 13:39 »

Love it. Just have to think of a way for Adreena to drink down a few shooters with Anslo ^^

FINALLY! A response \o/

Anslol

« Reply #16 on: 25 Feb 2013, 15:03 »

==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============
24-FEB-115
0205 UTC
Conference Room 89C-a
[REDACTED]
Purpose: Advice Request Regarding Further Action with Anslo Tetua

As per Protocol, the selected conference room was inspected by Project [REDACTED] Support Staff posed as janitorial personnel. Jammer was placed and set to activate once any [REDACTED]  high-level personnel stepped within fifteen (15) feet of the device. All parties were informed of the device’s presence. The device’s activity was checked and confirmed functional before the Agenda for the meeting was addressed.

Cmdr. [REDACTED]: This had better be good.

Avoul Deuterre: I apologize for the inconvenience, but I believe a discussion must be had immediately regarding Mr. Tetua.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Can I ask why the hell you couldn’t just file a report instead of dragging us out to a meeting?

Avoul Deuterre: Yes sir, there’s a good reason for it. I will defer to Dr. Sylveste for further clarification.

Dr. [REDACTED]: Thank you Avoul. As you know Commander, we’ve been trying to keep a close eye on Msr. Tetua for a while. Namely, we’ve been watching since his escape with the other Subjects from the [REDACTED] Project. All attempts to interdict were, as you know, unsuccessful. He entrenched himself quite deeply into the capsuleer community and we simply could not touch him without raising an interstellar scandal. Lucky for us, he refrained from using any [REDACTED], [REDACTED], or [REDACTED]  after his escape.

Cmdr. [REDACTED]: Sometime this century would be nice Doctor.

Dr. [REDACTED]: He is beginning to not refrain from using his modifications.

Dr. [REDACTED] 2: His initial field tests from YC 110 to YC112 indicated average piezoelectrical activity at 16.11 kHz~ resting, with actions seeing anywhere from 30.00 kHz to 150.00 kHz, including [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] use. Microvibrations were average 60 μm~ resting, with action seeing anywhere from 150μm to 272μm. As per Msr. Deuterre’s previous reports, Msr. Tetua’s activity until recently has been 0-3 kHz with no artificially educed micro-vibrations. The past three days have seen multiple instances where both piezoelectrical levels and microvibrations increase. If we could get a blood sample, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw levels of ATP use and metabolic levels similar to his initial implantation.

Avoul Deuterre: He is going active, Commander. I don’t know why, but he is.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  You double checked your numbers right?

Dr. [REDACTED]: I looked at them four times. I wanted to be wrong. But I am not, Msr.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Fail safe.

Avoul Deuterre: Deactivated. Unknown method.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Do not bullshit with me Deuterre. This is not the time.

Avoul Deuterre: No bullshit sir. I had attempted to compile a list of possible ways to remedy this situation before we met. I checked with the fail safe mechanism, but it is not active.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Transfer that list to me now. Any potential thoughts why this is happening?

Dr. [REDACTED]: Based on what we’ve received so far and what we can do without a full clinical test, this seems to be based on emotional response. A compatriot of his was killed, one [REDACTED]. Murderer unknown. Two other instances were apparently situations where he felt threatened and or emotionally distressed. By distressed I mean angry. The other instance was noted during the Black Eagle rally.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  He was THERE? And we didn’t notice??

Avoul Deuterre: No sir. Personnel couldn’t even see him, let alone detect him. They didn’t even notice hewas there til a scan had been done to detect odd electrical field activity in case a smuggled weapon had been brought in. When I checked the report and noticed field signals similar to Mr. Tetua’s, it raised a red flag.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Does Thoun or Blaque know about any of this?

Avoul Deuterre: No sir.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Good. Keep them in the dark. This stays within the Project. FIO proper doesn’t need involved yet. That would be the last thing the Federation needs, news about one of our freaks running around.

Avoul Deuterre: Tracks are always covered sir, at every single turn.

Cmdr. [REDACTED] [REDACTED]:  Keep it that way. Inform Project personnel condition 2. I want him watched closer now. I want people next to him. More importantly I want security personnel on standby. If we have to risk a few squads to stop him, I don’t care. Avoul, keep your reports up. Doctors, I’ll be contacting you later. I have an idea for you to get your blood sample. As far as I’m concerned this meeting is over. Everyone out and back to work. We have a lot to do.

This final note is confirmation that Jammer was collected by [REDACTED] Support Staff upon conclusion of the meeting.

Meeting end:
24-FEB-115
0221 UTC
Conference Room 89C-a
[REDACTED]

==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============ADMIN EYES ONLY==============CLOSED Meeting==============

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 12 Mar 2013, 09:59 »

((OOC Disclaimer: The following is a combination report/autopsy. If you are squeamish, do not read the autopsy. I will attempt to make this as restricted as possible without stifling the story))

REPORT 4 AND AUTOPSY RESULTS:
Name: Avoul Deuterre
Title: Federal Capsuleer Profile Manager
Office: FIO- Field Analysis and Research Division
Clearance: [REDACTED]

Autopsy results were transmitted to me at 0321 UTC 11-Mar-115 along with fragmented data retrieved from shattered black box implants. The focus of my report will be on the content of the data retrieved. The autopsy can be found in Appendix 1 of this report.

Following the group meeting 24-Feb-115, Cmdr. [REDACTED] issued detailed orders regarding the reconnaissance and continued observation of Mr. Tetua and his associates. Ten individual capsuleers are currently under observation where possible. Threat levels of each individual have been analyzed and appropriate Observers have been assigned. However, it is the opinion of this CPM that the selection criteria for Observers and the analysis criteria for capsuleer threat level should undergo an immediate review and QA check due to the recent casualty of Observer 4 on [REDACTED] at the hands of POI 4, [REDACTED].

Observer 4 was assigned to POI 4 for recon purposes and potential assasination and/or threat of in order to control Mr. Tetua. No belligerence was expected from the POI. Therefore, Observer 4 was equipped with stealth and reconnaissance gear and given minimal weaponry to ensure seamless movement from position to position and, if needed, stealth assault on domicile and POI 4. It was noted that, while POI 4 is known to hunt in the wild area surrounding her domicile, she was only considered an extreme threat when encountered in space. Her planetary combat record was nearly non-existent. It was agreed that standard [REDACTED] would be sufficient to keep Observer 4 hidden.

According to fragmented data left in the shattered black box (BB) implant, it took no more than a day for POI 4 to notice Observer 4's presence and eliminate him with an outdated projectile weapon. Typically, [REDACTED] would be able to deflect any basic projectile weapon. However, POI 4's ability with said weapon appear to have been underestimated. Her threat level was modified based on these recent findings.

Retrieved fragmented data suggests the body of Observer 4 was placed outside the domicile of POI 4 and hidden in brush and sticks. Further data noted the arrival of four individuals at an unspecified time later. Retrieved data is too damaged to provide further detail of this arrival. However, what data that could be retrieved noted, before the destruction of the BB implants, gradually increased [REDACTED] approaching the body. The autopsy (see Appendix 1) noted separate rounds were fired into the  parietal lobe, occipetal lobe, cerebellum, and the C2/C3 vertebrae implants in such a precise manor that the BB implants, along with [REDACTED}, were shattered.  Knowledge of implant location indicates shooter was most likely Mr. Tetua.

Observer 4's body was returned in an unmarked crate received by [REDACTED] docking authorities. Federal authorities were called to analyze the unmarked crate due to standard security scans providing inconclusive results. Federal authorities were also unable to scan the crate conclusively. Instructions on the crate requested delivery to [REDACTED][REDACTED] to the FIO Research and Development Division. Upon FIO authority arrival, the crate was transported to a secured facility in case the crate harbored a weaponized trap.

The crate help a simple 10-digit keypad. Analysis confirmed a 4-digit code was required to open the crate. Brute force analysis found the code was [REDACTED]. It should be noted that this code was also the Mr. Tetua's Holding Cell number. The crate held the remains of Observer 4. Said remains also held a message on Observer 4's back requesting actions against him cease and desist. Further action is pending higher level decision.

==================================================================

Appendix 1: Summary Autopsy. Full Autopsy available with appropriate clearance.

UO3-F-PEFO4

FINAL DIAGNOSIS: Single projectile shot lodged between frontal and temporal lobes caused a massive brain hemorrhage. Subject's wounds were not tended to. Death followed shortly after

DESCRIPTION:
The body is that of a 31 -year-old well developed and modified Gallentean male.  Livor mortis is distributed over the posterior neck, back, and buttocks. Rigor mortis is present in the joints of the upper and lower extremities and in what is left of the temporomandibular joint.  The body was embalmed before delivered to the AAR.  The body is identified as that of [REDACTED] by identification records provided by FIO R&D, Sub-Division 7. The hair is black with minimal male distribution. No hair is present on body save for subject's head. No bruising is noted on what parts of the subject's skin are observable and not stretched open. What is left of scarring around weapon discharge zone not caused by said weapon is indicative of implantation standard in Observer-class personnel.  There is no cyanosis or jaundice.  The eyes are brown and the pupils are 2 cm in diameter, equal and anicteric. The ears and nose are unremarkable and have not been mutilated.  The remainder of the oral cavity shows native teeth with no surgical remains. Lower jaw is missing and has yet to be found within subject's crate. Minimal masses in the neck have been determined as metal deposits placed post mortum.  Further epidermal analysis of chest is impossible due to mutilation.  The spine and thoracic cage are generally unremarkable, but fractured from brute force opening of thoracic with outdated instruments. There is no fluid wave or protrusion of the abdomen due to lack of abdomen.  There is no evidence of natural deformity, fracture or edema in the extremities.

Before continuing the main analysis, it should be noted that subjects back has been carved with a message in standard Gallentean which reads, "LEAVE THEM ALONE."

[FULL REPORT AVAILABLE TO [REDACTED] CLEARED PERSONNEL]

((Feedback welcomed))
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2013, 10:44 by Anslol »

Anslol

« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:23 »

Bumping to solicit feedback from the past few months of Anslo. Events, interactions, whatever. Be blunt, straightforward, and gief details.  :bear:

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:46 »

In general I like it quite a bit, especially how you draw upon your medical background to add detail - it reminds me of T.J. Bass's writing. The big thing that stood out to me, though, was all the [REDACTED]s. I know you probably just want to add a little mystery so that people have a reason to talk to Anslo about them, but the sheer number of them just break up the writing for me. If I only knew you through reading this bio, I'd probably not even finish the bio because of them.

One thing that I've seen used effectively before as an alternative is to write about the incidents as if they were being discussed casually by people involved. That way you can leave out details while still having the writing flow:

Stanvi knocked on the doorframe and looked inside, clutching a white sack. "Barsoul? You busy? I brought beignets..."

Barsoul glanced up at her partner with a scowl, irritated at the interruption. She drew a deep breath, held it, and exhaled, visibly relaxing. "Hey, Stanvi. Yeah, I'm still looking at Tetua."

Stanvi fished a beignet from the bag before setting it on her desk, slipping easily into a chair. "Oh? What's our miracle boy done now?"

Barsoul shook her head, leaning back in her chair. "He shot up a nightclub. I just sent the owner home, poor woman thinks she's going to lose her license..."

I'm interested, by the way, with your choice of last name: Tetua. Sounds Polynesian. I'm asking because a few of us (well, me and Ly'sol, who only plays occasionally now) developed some background for Tierijev way back in the day where a significant minory of Tierijevi were a subculture that spoke a language based on Hawaiian. It'd be interesting if maybe Ansol has a connection with Tierijev or this subculture.

Anslol

« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:55 »

I made up his last name. No inspiration just...thought of it. I'm good at making up names.

But yeah the [REDACTED] parts are there mostly because I don't want to soak Anslo ins spechul snowflaek lookit meeeee and turn everyone off. Additionally, I wasn't sure how to pass his condition and what he is and why he is scientifically at the time of writing those logs.

However, I now have a good background based in science and plotonium to ensure it makes sense. It will be revealed to those who know Anslo well enough and are peez with him, whether in story/event mode or in confidence. I just don't know how a mass reveal would work cause then suddenly :shunned:.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2013, 11:57 by Anslol »

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:57 »

Lemme rephrase that. "Do you want Anslo to have a connection with Tierijev or this subculture?" :D

Anslol

« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2013, 12:11 »

Thaaat would..make Anslo a Caldari though? I mean I don't know where he was born, I never focused THAT far into his past. But I dunno.

WOULD it make him technically Caldari? Cause he doesn't look Caldari.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2013, 12:16 »

Remember, the Caldari were part of the Federation at one point. I imagine there was a lot of... erm... intercourse between the two.

Ly and my backstory implied that the Tua'pani subculture was pretty open to foreigners. His ancestral corporation was a joint Caldari-Gallente one. It helped explain why they have interlinked backgrounds despite the fact that he's Caldari and Shin's Gallente.

Anslol

« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2013, 12:24 »

Could work. I still want him born in the Fed, but since I had no plans for parent story line, this could work. Maybe a future arc.

Exotic Anslol is exotic.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #25 on: 19 Apr 2013, 13:26 »

So the State still shoot's Anslo on sight for punching that Executive's kid...sorry lawl  :lol:

Not to call you out on YDIW, but I think it may be more accurate to say that only the relevant megacorp of said executive would be the only one to have a KOS order out, and even that is pushing it. More likely, they have an arrest warrant out on Anslo and because he's a capsuleer - guards tend to shoot first before trying to detain.

I can't imagine that the entire State would care that much about a small incident like that. What I'm trying to say is... if Anslo punches a CBD executive's kid... Ishukone wouldn't care. There's no reason why they would care. As far as I understand, things like that are subject to very clear jurisdictional boundaries. Ishukone Watch isn't going to try and serve an arrest warrant issued by Spacelane Patrol.

If however, Anslo was responsible for assaulting the child of a CEP, House of Records, or Business Tribunal member... or some other central authority corp... you might have minor involvement from all Eight. Again though, this would be on a smaller scale. Navy, Marines, Protectorate, and Peacekeepers would be the only authorities actively trying to hunt him down.

Even so, I think you could try to either increase the severity of what he did to keep it realistic. If you want him KOS, something more than a punch might be more realistic. Otherwise, I think a simple arrest warrant would be all you'd find.

Anslol

« Reply #26 on: 19 Apr 2013, 13:34 »

Who said he's telling the whole truth about why he's KOS in the state?  ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 19 Apr 2013, 13:49 »

Who said he's telling the whole truth about why he's KOS in the state?  ;)

Well you said it OOC, so I assumed it was the truth. :P

Anslol

« Reply #28 on: 19 Apr 2013, 14:03 »

Oh hell no, I'm just perpetuating it because I thought it'd be a funny way to brush off why he's KOS.

OOCly, I did a lot of anti-Caldari and anti-Amarr missions and messed my standings up because I was a dumb nooby who didn't think there'd ever be a need to venture outside of my glorious Gallente Federation.

lawl

So since that would be a lame excuse ICly, I use the joke about punching the kid to brush it off til I come up with a much better explanation.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 19 Apr 2013, 19:50 »

Oh hell no, I'm just perpetuating it because I thought it'd be a funny way to brush off why he's KOS.

OOCly, I did a lot of anti-Caldari and anti-Amarr missions and messed my standings up because I was a dumb nooby who didn't think there'd ever be a need to venture outside of my glorious Gallente Federation.

lawl

So since that would be a lame excuse ICly, I use the joke about punching the kid to brush it off til I come up with a much better explanation.

So you're actually KOS? That's unfortunate. There is a faction standings repair plan that you can follow, but it is a tedious grind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4