Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Did you know:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Good RP Logs Thread!  (Read 20194 times)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
Re: The Good RP Logs Thread!
« Reply #60 on: 29 Jun 2013, 00:19 »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #61 on: 06 Jul 2013, 00:18 »

Aldrith Shutaq slips in through the front enterance, a pall of disapointed bitterness in his eyes.
Aldrith Shutaq plops down a few seats from Katrina. "Whatever the hell is strong," he demands curtly.

Aldrith is handed something ridiculously strong. Like, some 204 proof superconcentrated beverage from the far corners of god knows where.

Aldrith Shutaq sniffs it, but does not react immediately. He just stares at it, eyes narrowed like it is an old enemy.

The drink probably shrivels Aldrith's nostril hairs or something.

Aldrith Shutaq grunts. "To Arzad. Fucking Hamir's."
Aldrith Shutaq pinches his nose and takes a gulp.

Drink is roughly comparable in taste to a mixture of HCI and pepper spray.

Aldrith Shutaq makes an expression like that of a dignified man who's soul has just been violated by large-membered demon. Pained, but proud.
Aldrith Shutaq > That was disgusting and it is poison.
Aldrith Shutaq > But thank you.

"A Rusty Bullet, sir. The strongest we have. You should probably see a doctor now."

Aldrith Shutaq > I am a paladin of the Empire. I am not afraid to die.
Aldrith Shutaq holds his nose again and takes a sip rather than a gulp this time.
Aldrith Shutaq > For the Empress!
Aldrith Shutaq almost gags.
Aldrith Shutaq > Wow... I can already feel it.
Aldrith Shutaq leers around the room, wondering if anyone is watching. "This is bad."

"Yes that's... that's probably the lining of your stomach being destroyed."
"I'll call a medic, sir."

Aldrith Shutaq > Oh come off it, why would you serve a drink that kills people?
Aldrith Shutaq > It's uncomfortable, I'll give you that... but I've had wurs-worse.
Aldrith Shutaq blinks. "Damn."

The bartender simply smiles, watching the drink run its course.

Aldrith Shutaq stands very straight, blinking a few more times. "Hm."
Aldrith Shutaq slowly sits back down.
Aldrith Shutaq > I'd better do this before I'm too drunk to do so...
Aldrith Shutaq takes out his cigarette case and a lighter.
Aldrith Shutaq eyes the glass from the corner of his eye, his head swaying slightly as he bring s the cigarette to his lips.
Aldrith Shutaq glares at it. "Thou mocketh me..."
Aldrith Shutaq snatches the glass up and takes a swig, not holding his nose this time. He winces, gags audibly this time, but keeps his composure.
Aldrith Shutaq is still holding some of the drink in his mouth, unable to swallow it fully. He grimaces and brings the lighter towards his face.
Aldrith Shutaq tears up as he tries to light his cigarette, and promptly sneezes.

*small explosion*

The bartender, having expected this, merely gives Aldrith a full facial with the fire extinguisher, foaming up the man's face.

Aldrith Shutaq sits, frozen in place.

Bartender slips a single napkin towards Aldrith, "A towel, sir."

Aldrith Shutaq slowly brings his arms down and spits out his cigarette, clearing most of the foam from the lower half of his face. "Thank you, my dear man," he says politely and with regal dignity.
Aldrith Shutaq blindly reaches for the towel and finds it after a few grope in the air. He then throws it over his face and stands.
Aldrith Shutaq > So, what do I owe you?

Bartender keeps polishing drinking glasses without a care in the world, "On the house, sir."

Aldrith Shutaq > Many thanks.

"Good evening, sir."

Aldrith Shutaq searches around for the glass, now nearly empty. He finds it, lifts it in the air and pronounces, "To the dead of Arzad!"
Aldrith Shutaq slips it under the towel and knocks back the last bit of it. "He-oley hell."
Aldrith Shutaq turns the glass over, places it on the bar and turns on his heel, foam and towel still covering his head.
Aldrith Shutaq starts to march out the way he came, familiar enough with the bar to know the general direction. However, he stops after only a few paces, turns again, wobbily now, and heads back.
Aldrith Shutaq > Sir, this is not a towel. This is a napkin.

"Quite so, sir. Many apologies.", the bartender hands Aldrith a towel.

Aldrith Shutaq shakes his foamy, napkin-crowned head. "No, no, I would not want to ruin it. Just... would you be so kind as you take one of those soda guns you have there and give me a small spray?"

Bartender lifts a club soda nozzle from the rack, aims it at Aldrith, and gives him a bubbly hose down on the face. Mmmmh. Soda-y.

Aldrith Shutaq's normally lucious locks are sodden with goopy flame retardant and seltzer. At least he can see now, however. His eyes are filled with an expression of contemplative dignity, as though he had just laid a fallen soldier to rest.

The bartender smiles proudly, like a hairdresser whose magnum opus has just been completed, or a hero who saved all the little children from a burning building.

Aldrith Shutaq > Right. Well then. I am sure you enjoyed yourself. I did as well.
Aldrith Shutaq > Whatever the hell that was, it needs to be destroyed. As soon as I am sober.
Aldrith Shutaq turns once more, his stabillity now completely degraded. "Alright... I can do this..."
Aldrith Shutaq walks slowly, but shakily towards the exit.
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2013, 00:22 by Katrina Oniseki »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #62 on: 06 Jul 2013, 22:18 »

A "full facial with the fire extinguisher" will generally be fatal, as most fire extinguishers contain chemicals that "remove air", so to speak. Moreover, fire extinguisher effects on the skin will generally be something like red, extremely dry, irritated skin. This is why it is NEVER recommended that you douse someone with a fire extinguisher if they are on fire in, like, a chemistry class or something.

..................... \e)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #63 on: 07 Jul 2013, 01:12 »

So basically the IRED bartender killed me.

Good to know. THANKS KAT, you'll be hearing from our lawyers.

Anslol

« Reply #64 on: 08 Jul 2013, 06:42 »

Muh sides. Oh my god. Hahah.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 10 Jul 2013, 03:56 »

I have so many good RP logs... shame they all need to stay locked. ;)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #66 on: 05 Aug 2013, 13:46 »

From the Summit :

Diana Kim > Well, Ms. Askold, I don't know how minmatar are going to capture any Caldari, if they are not warriors, but just tribals, shaking spears. You show a fist to minmatar and he is trembling from fear in the corner!
Jude Kopenhagen > Probably not Diana.
Jude Kopenhagen > Sometimes I wonder if the Sebbies and Civire are not cousins of some kind.
Diana Kim > Well, sir Jude, I personally fought barehanded against armed minmatar, I know what I am talking about!
Jude Kopenhagen > Mmm
Kalo Askold > Ms. Kim as you said that I was fighting three on one. Now, please try again with the ugga booga spear talk.
Kalaratiri > /emote sighs > How little things change in a year
Jude Kopenhagen > Hey Kala!
Arista Shahni > Missile waving talk is so amusing.
Lin Alvarin > Wait, you shake spears and say "ooga booga?"
Jude Kopenhagen > And yes, you will the the same cycles here and on the IGS yearly.
Lin Alvarin > You don't whip out the measuring tape and compare do you?
Kalo Askold > I can, but it would be a negative number with you know...biology.
Diana Kim > /emote quickly pulls out rubber missile and brings it before camera, waves it, and the missile bends and wobbles * High-grade missile waving!
Denak Calamari > Err...
Kalo Askold > ....I....don't think that is what you think it is Ms. Kim.
Kalaratiri > /emote nods > Jude
Anja Suorsa > .... Don't want to know what i've just logged in to
Lin Alvarin > /emote bursts out laughing.
Arista Shahni > /emote laughs.
Lin Alvarin > I'm waiting for some of the typical capsuleer humor when Diana does that.
Ammos Gravit > And I think that about sums up the Summit
Diana Kim > This is an inferno heavy missile prototype model toy.
Kalaratiri > I don't think people doubt it's a toy
Aveline D'Heuse > Does the real thing wiggle like that?
Diana Kim > Well, yea, it has red tip, but is not completely correct, because it is missing a couple of fins.
Kalo Askold > Right....well....um....Alright, you win Kim.
Anja Suorsa > Ancestors, stop... you're making it worse...
Lin Alvarin > I might be a little more intimidated if she'd said something along the lines of "Permission to release the warhead."
Kalo Askold > /emote bites her lips to keep from snerking.
Lin Alvarin > Considering I'm pretty sure people don't legitimately ask that on a ship. It just happens.
Diana Kim > Ms. D'Heuse, it depends on the material that the model is made of.
Kalaratiri > well, at least no one has descended to "I've got a rubber missile right here"
Diana Kim > I have a whole crate of them, Ms. Kalaratiri.
Synthetic Cultist > /emote blows a noisemaker ♫
Kalo Askold > ....Don't let her become aware of what the object is Ms. Kalaratiri.....
Kalo Askold > This is just too perfect.
Lin Alvarin > I remember my boss telling me something about when she figured out what those were.
Diana Kim > /emote jumps, and the missile slips from her hand
Lin Alvarin > I couldn't stop laughing. The poor girl.
Veyako Koyama > /emote reconnects
Ani Polevhia > /emote connects.
Diana Kim > /emote sniffs hand * Hmm, this one was strange. * wipes hand of trousers * A bit more slippery than others.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 16 Aug 2013, 10:48 »

Had an interesting encounter with an IC 'poet' in local yesterday:

[04:05:23] Wandering Poet > Evening, folks. Would anybody care for a poem?

[04:05:58] Silas Vitalia > Will you read it to me at a belt?

[04:06:34] Wandering Poet > I only make housecalls for generous patrons, I'm afraid.

*isk transfered*

[04:08:36] Wandering Poet > A Haiku for you:

Gadzooks! What a feast!
This fortune weighs down my pack!
I'm stuck in belt 1.

*ship destroyed*

[04:09:30] Silas Vitalia > needs work.

*capsule tackled*

[04:10:11] Silas Vitalia > Shall you try again?

[04:10:27] Wandering Poet > Shall I?

[04:10:33] Silas Vitalia  once more, with feeling

[04:10:58] Wandering Poet > One poem per donation, of course.

[04:11:15] Silas Vitalia > I think I'll pod you instead.

*Pod Kill *

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #68 on: 16 Aug 2013, 11:20 »

[04:10:58] Wandering Poet > One poem per donation, of course.

[04:11:15] Silas Vitalia > I think I'll pod you instead.

*Pod Kill *

Silly poet.  You donated your ammunition to him!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #69 on: 17 Aug 2013, 07:09 »

long, but this was some hilarious RP in the summit last night. I was laughing my ass off.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #70 on: 28 Aug 2013, 17:42 »

wait wait wait.....the GOOD RP log thread?

Does that mean their is a BAD RP log thread? *o*

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • Insurmountable Logic
« Reply #71 on: 08 Sep 2013, 09:52 »

wait wait wait.....the GOOD RP log thread?

Does that mean their is a BAD RP log thread? *o*
In a manner of speaking.  It's called the Catacombs.  When people play the role of a bad poster on Backstage, their posts/threads are archived there as an example of what not to do on Backstage.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • Insurmountable Logic
« Reply #72 on: 08 Sep 2013, 10:02 »

Long (didn't seem so at the time, but :text:) interaction between Havo and a Dust merc named Ryeon about things like Humanity and how it relates (or not) to podders and dusters, the changes made to Dust merc brains and other neat stuff about DUST 514 (which has PF I've never read), sparked by a comment by Foley and with a bit of interesting/amusing back-and-forth with Diana Kim on the side (<3 Diana Kim)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #73 on: 09 Oct 2013, 15:17 »

Jude Kopenhagen > "Mmm, I wanted to keep the Titan up, for my own reasons. Even though it falling meant the end of Heth, that was not known during that time and was a great price to pay. But, I saw so many seperate Caldari groups there, working independantly, with limited effect. I can't help but feel if they went unified, with similar ships, the battle would not have been entirely as one sided."

Katrina Oniseki nods, sighing gently, "I remember. I still relive that day in my dreams, night after night. I remember throwing myself against the side of a Moros. I remember the hull alarms going off through the halls of my Ferox. I remember feeling the escape pods jettison, the prow of my ship connecting with the enemy's in such a moment of terrible noise and light. I remember sitting there after everything I had was expended. Sitting there, in just my pod, watching the inevitable. You can't imagine the... unbelievable finality of it all. Of failure. Before your eyes, watching it go down."

"I was there."

Katrina Oniseki tilts her head, "Do you have parents?"

"Yes."

"A mother, a father. Brothers and sisters, maybe?"

"No siblings.", he answers.

"You once told me you don't call yourself -haan. You once told me you don't pledge your loyalty to the State. I can respect that. I can understand that. I do not have a mother and father. I did not grow up in the loving arms of flesh and blood. I grew up in the loving arms of the glorious State. The State is my family. They are my parents. I watched my mother die that day. I watched her merge with the ground, because I could not protect her."

Jude Kopenhagen nods.

"Mister Kopenhagen, with all due respect, you could not see it the way I did."

Steffanie Saissore listens quietly

Katrina Oniseki sips her tea and smiles. She doesn't seem upset. Not angry, or sad, or disturbed even. It's all so very matter of fact, part of her life now.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #74 on: 11 Oct 2013, 12:22 »

Spoiler: Not Entirely Legit (hover to show)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10