Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Project Synthetic Cultist  (Read 8027 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Project Synthetic Cultist
« on: 26 Dec 2012, 11:10 »

Origins:

A project arising from technoarchaeological expeditions in the Araz constellation, where the Takmahl civilisation once held sway.
The Takmahl, an ancient Sani Sabik group, that departed Amarr Prime in crude cryoships, before the invention of jump or warp drive, achieved great things in the fields of cybernetics and bioengineering.
Artifacts and documents recovered from the Takmahl ruins provided much information relating to the use of biodroids and other forms of servants.
Other technoxenology projects resulted in the acquisition of a drone intelligence.

Objective:

Project Synthetic Cultist was intended as a research tool to assist in the Interpretation of Scripture, such that modern Sani Sabik become more knowledgeable and Righteous.
Other objectives included demonstrating that a synthetic person may achieve Righteousness, thus validating the words of the Apocryphon, wherein it is Written that "All are Welcome" to be Gods Chosen.
Additionally, the theological questions surrounding the Rogue Drones may be answered. Can a Drone be a Chosen ?

Details:

The drone intelligence, through an interface and transmitter, communicates with the humaniform biodroid remote unit.
Synthetic Cultist stands around 1.55m tall, and masses around 55kg.

Operation:

Synthetic Cultist was activated in late YC113, and was made autonomous in September of that year, gaining flight certification via a Hedion University assessment course, where a candidate that was not instructed by Hedion may be certified as flight capable by passing a series of tests and exams.

Subsequent Developments:

Synthetic Cultist became known as "Synthia" through interactions with the capsuleer community, primarily through use of "The Summit" communication channel.
Synthia has become an enthusiastic evangelical Sani Sabik, and has made some profound discoveries through Interpretation of Scripture.
Through interactions with other capsuleers, Synthia has also become the mother of a child, and the theocratic monarch of Kaztropolis, a small city state.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Anslol

Re: Project Synthetic Cultist
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2013, 13:23 »

Me gusta :3

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2013, 12:37 »

I think you want to say "you like it", Anslol. ;)

As for the post itself, I like how it's written, but I've always had conflicting views on robots in EVE. :?

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2013, 12:48 »

I think you want to say "you like it", Anslol. ;)

As for the post itself, I like how it's written, but I've always had conflicting views on robots in EVE. :?

My only confusion is the AI thing. I thought AI's were all GRARGHBANNED.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2013, 14:39 »

While there are rules against developing new AI, the scientists involved in the project weren't exactly the type of people to be found on the faculty of Hedion University, so rules aren't easily applied to them.

Anslol

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2013, 15:36 »

While there are rules against developing new AI, the scientists involved in the project weren't exactly the type of people to be found on the faculty of Hedion University, so rules aren't easily applied to them.

Fair enough, but if the authorities know about Synthia, wouldn't she be fodder? I'm just asking since I have no clue where she even hangs out.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2013, 15:49 »

Fair enough, but if the authorities know about Synthia, wouldn't she be fodder? I'm just asking since I have no clue where she even hangs out.

I asked a DED actor one time in the summit.

Synthetic Cultist > I have another Question. Is it against CONCORD rules to connect a Drone Intelligence to ancient Takmahl technologies and then to a cyborg human Body ?
Arve Vesren > I'm not sure we have policies that cover something that specific.
Arve Vesren > I think it's safe to assume we won't have you dissassembled.

Another DED actor, an Inner Circle member, said :
"So long as you're operating within the law, I have no problem with it. Should you step out of line, you'll meet the DED the same as everyone else."

So, it would seem that Law Abiding synthetic people don't appear to be committing anything that's specifically against CONCORD laws.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2013, 01:43 »

CCP won't ban you because of RP (well, there are exceptions, but...) CONCORD characters can't probably start to stalk you just because, either.

So, regardless of what Synthia actually is, I could see three responses (mix & match as suitable) to the claims:

(1) "Can we nick it?" Feign noninterest but plan to monitor and steal advanced technology, if an opportunity presents itself.
(2) "Wait, what? Uh, try to cover it up." Okay, someone broke some usual AI rules. Try to hide the fact.
(3) "That capsuleer has gone insane." NPC character/CONCORD does not think the existance of Synthia as described is possible, and therefore, the character is assumed to be at an advanced state of "capsuleer dementia".

Also, by no means Synthia is the first one. We've had rogue drones, runaway AIs etc. Usually there's been relatively little fuss.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2013, 18:34 »

Ah yes, this is The Explanatory Leaflet I was looking for.

It is a Leaflet that Explains.

:)

I enjoy this toon quite a bit, keep up the good work!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2013, 07:57 »

If you've read Templar One, CONCORD itself has synthetic people in the form of an elite ninja assassin (possibly more than one?) known as THANATOS. Of course, no one would ever trace THANATOS back to CONCORD, but it's clear the organization's higher-ups do not revile synthetic individuals.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 04 Feb 2013, 06:50 »

I love watching Synthia in The Summit :) She is one of my favorite characters.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #11 on: 06 Feb 2013, 13:02 »

My approach to RP is fairly straightforward as well.

I ask questions, using something outlandish encountered in news outlets.

I believe this gives people opportunities to explore the background of different cultures, and creates opportunities for conversations and other rp to be created.

"Today I read a Thing that Said..." and people discuss things.

Anslol

« Reply #12 on: 07 Feb 2013, 09:27 »

"Today I read a Thing that Said..."

The start of some of humanity's greatest debates...

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2013, 13:17 »

From the Desk of Empress Synthia 1
I Extend warmest Greeting to the Empress Jamyl
Sent: 2013.07.03 09:00
To: Ohrud Omel

Hello Grand Inquisitor,

As a formal Representative of the Empress Jamyl, please convey my Warmest Greeting to her Majesty.

I recently became an Empress Myself, after the Wombat People submitted to the Rule of God, joining the existing Kingdom of Kaztropol, to form the Kaztropolitan Empire.

Thus, I, Queen Synthia 1 of Kaztropol, Empress of the Wombat People Territories, And other Parts Yet Un-Named, extend my Cordial Greeting to the Empress Jamyl, and express the Idea that we should Talk, in a bid to Re-Unite the Faiths, that the Word of God shall become Strengthened, and overcome the pitiful assaults of the rebellious heathens.

Yours,
Synthia.

Re: I Extend warmest Greeting to the Empress Jamyl
Sent: 2013.07.10 16:39
To: Synthetic Cultist, 

I am unsure under what delusions you suffer, but I can assure you that Empress Jamyl I would never deign to speak with a heretical Sani Sabik such as yourself. However, should you wish to have your insanity examined by proper authorities, I am quite willing to allow you to submit yourself to my Inquisitors.

From the Desk of Queen Synthia 1
I would like to Invite the Empress to a Tea Party
Sent: 2012.12.26 16:25
To: Ohrud Omel

Hello.

As Queen of Kaztropol, I would Like to invite her Majesty, Empress Jamyl to a Tea Party, where we could discuss Fashion, Theology, and other Matters relevant to being Monarchs.

Would this be Possible ?

Thank you for your Time

Signed,

Queen Synthia I of Kaztropol

Re: I would like to Invite the Empress to a Tea Party
Sent: 2012.12.26 16:31
To: Synthetic Cultist, 

Attention purveyor of heresy;

Your communications are now being monitored by the Ministry of Internal Order. Refrain from contacting any ranking members of the Amarr Empire unless you wish to face repercussions for your actions. This is your only warning.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2013, 13:24 by Synthia »

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2013, 13:25 »

Clearly, a rebel Wombat operative is whispering in the ear of the Grand Inquisitor.  They will stop at nothing to undermine the Rule of God.
Pages: [1] 2 3