Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Amarr Cultural Summit  (Read 9298 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: Amarr Cultural Summit
« Reply #15 on: 15 Aug 2012, 07:15 »

As a suggestion, it might be fun to make it a VR environment or a real location with a VR functionality, kinda like Ashar's sisterhood garden. A video comms channel like the summit limits you to simple discussion, doesn't leave open the possibility of, for example, serving traditional meals, playing instuments, dancing, etc.

Thoughts?

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2012, 07:26 »

Pretty much what I had in mind for the same reasons. I'd prefer a VR environment over an actual place simply because it promotes more spontaneous RP, at least in my opinion. I will, however, go with whatever people would prefer, I'll have fun writing up the description and environment either way.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2012, 07:30 »

Reclaim the Amarr channel.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 15 Aug 2012, 07:51 »

A channel like this could be a good thing. I think there are a fair number of Amarr RPers around, they're just spread out. I have to admit that Lallara's idea of using the in game channel has some appeal. We wouldn't have 'one of us' as moderator but it seems to me that the purpose of the channel is to provide what we're looking for.

edit: nevermind, that channel is a mess.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2012, 09:03 by Karmilla Strife »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #19 on: 15 Aug 2012, 07:58 »

I can tell you from our own experiences with the Sansha's Nation channel this is a bad idea.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:13 »

We're not "withdrawing" Lyn.

We're basically talking about just creating a channel where we can RP among ourselves and anyone willing to talk about Amarr culture and religion. We're not talking about leaving other RP channels and no longer RPing with people.

Well yes, I never said the contrary. Amarr needs its own Heian College (just call it the Edo college, derp derp), since the basillica seems to have passed out.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 15 Aug 2012, 08:43 »

I can tell you from our own experiences with the Sansha's Nation channel this is a bad idea.

Yeah, the Amarr channel could be fun, but unless there are mods on top of things, I can see it getting trolled to fuck kinda like the Summit has recently by fweddit and then RvB. Part of the hope is to avoid the trolling/harassment that follows Amarr RPers, so having the ability to punt trolls out will probably be important.

Ilsenae Alexandros

• Adjutant of the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard
  • Clonejack
  • Tea Maker
    • Eskeitanen Wiyrkomi Kaashivon
« Reply #22 on: 15 Aug 2012, 09:20 »

Rhia would definitely join a channel like this. I'm looking to get her more involved in the Amarr scene.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 15 Aug 2012, 09:48 »

8)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 15 Aug 2012, 10:10 »

If you want, Ill create a Minmatar alt and serve beverages or something...

In all seriousness, good luck with this.  Please let us non-Amarr know how it goes!
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #25 on: 15 Aug 2012, 10:24 »

there's one called "interpretarium", i think one of the ctcs is the op for it
\o/

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #26 on: 15 Aug 2012, 16:47 »

Alright, so I've created the channel. It is called "Imperial Congregation" and the following is its MOTD:

"Surround yourself with the faithful. Stand together, for there is no strength like it under the heavens."
-Book of Missions 71:21

A meeting place for the congregation of the faithful, the loyal and the non-hostile. This virtual space is an enclosed dome constructed to appear as an artifical courtyard. Circular by design, the floor is the smooth gold metallic architecture of the Amarr Empire, tables line the circumference of the circle, each capable of sitting up to six persons.

The roof of the dome is all but invisible, hidden behind an artificially created atmospheric Athran sunset of soft oranges, sharp reds and brilliant yellows. The Holy Symbol of the Amarr is engraved in the middle of the circular courtyard covering the greater area of the interior of the circle.

((This is an IC channel, moderators reserve the right to remove anyone that is continually out-of-character. Those in direct opposition to the Empire and the Amarr are expected to remain civil or they will be removed.))
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #27 on: 15 Aug 2012, 17:00 »

This sounds cool and I hope it succeeds!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 15 Aug 2012, 17:49 »

In all honesty I think the channel should be Amarr character-only, otherwise it runs the risk of losing its flavor and becoming a more civil, somewhat Amarr-centric Summit rather than a Summit that is Amarr through and through. Another advantage is that we can argue and bicker in private while we can start agreeing on united fronts we can present to the other races in our RP.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 15 Aug 2012, 18:13 »

Making it Amarr-character only means you are unable to do any outreach via the channel.  If the intent is to educate others (those not playing Amarr characters) on the Amarr perspective, then you need to allow others to join the channel and ask questions.

This does not mean freedom of speech.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5