Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: On being a full-time ass  (Read 7646 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: On being a full-time ass
« Reply #30 on: 13 Aug 2012, 15:04 »

Contrary to popular opinion (and a handful of people here can claim so), Seriphyn is not actually a full-time ass. Sometimes he's an ass, sometimes he's not, just like we IRL are sometimes asses, sometimes not. It's just human dynamics.

Some people play like that, which is cool, but I actually don't. Just Seriphyn has no reason to be polite and all nice/kiss-kiss in places like the IGS/Summit. Those who have interacted him "in the flesh" will have a different opinion of him.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #31 on: 22 Aug 2012, 09:43 »

Being able to create a character and play said character who you cannot see eye-to-eye with and flat out despise at times is a joy.

Astrid Stjerna

• Clonejack
« Reply #32 on: 28 Aug 2012, 14:34 »

I've found playing an Amarr that doesn't just yell heathen, heretic, blasphemy and slave at everyone all the time can become very tiresome as well.

That doesn't just yell heathen/heretic/blasphemy/slave?  Personally, I've found it quite refreshing to play an Khanid that's not just a 'hothead fundamentalist' stereotype.  That tends to get old after the third round of 'silence, lesser being'.

Seriously, a lot of the Amarr/Khanid RP I've seen leans towards a one-dimensional 'Religion is everything I talk about. I made Evelyn so at least one Khanid character would have some depth. :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2012, 15:34 »

I've found playing an Amarr that doesn't just yell heathen, heretic, blasphemy and slave at everyone all the time can become very tiresome as well.

That doesn't just yell heathen/heretic/blasphemy/slave?  Personally, I've found it quite refreshing to play an Khanid that's not just a 'hothead fundamentalist' stereotype.  That tends to get old after the third round of 'silence, lesser being'.

Seriously, a lot of the Amarr/Khanid RP I've seen leans towards a one-dimensional 'Religion is everything I talk about. I made Evelyn so at least one Khanid character would have some depth. :)

Erm.. Look up the East Khanid Trading alliance sometime.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #34 on: 13 Sep 2012, 12:17 »

Long time ass checking in to give props to Silas, it's a shame we never ran into each other more.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #35 on: 18 Sep 2012, 11:45 »

Danke, good sir.

We don't hear enough from PIE these days! Do some IC-write ups about glorious campaigns in null-sec :P

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #36 on: 19 Sep 2012, 09:35 »

Well, you'll certainly start hearing more from us in the near future. Personally I'll be busy as hell till december. It's a shame that the loyalists lost you to the less elite non-amarr crowd btw  :(

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 19 Sep 2012, 15:21 »

Well, you'll certainly start hearing more from us in the near future. Personally I'll be busy as hell till december. It's a shame that the loyalists lost you to the less elite non-amarr crowd btw  :(

Less elite what now?

And more PIE pronouncements are good things.

If there were any sizable loyalist groups in my area they would engaged, don't worry :/

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #38 on: 20 Sep 2012, 04:12 »

Since I'm too busy nosing around much - what area are we talking about? :p

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 20 Sep 2012, 07:39 »

"It's a shame that the loyalists lost you to the less elite non-amarr crowd btw  "

That statement confused me?

Also not sure :)

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #40 on: 20 Sep 2012, 08:29 »

"It's a shame that the loyalists lost you to the less elite non-amarr crowd btw  "

That statement confused me?

Also not sure :)

Nothing to be confused about Silar. It should be widely known on this forum that I regard hardcore-amarr-loyalist-RP'ers as the cream of the crop  :yar:

Although, admittedly, I do have a weak spot for every character who is not BFF with everyone they run into  :cube:

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #41 on: 24 Sep 2012, 06:42 »

Being a full-time ass is a way to go in a wargame!
Besides, the goal of diplomacy in EVE is making enemies.  :twisted:

Uraniae

• Wetgraver
« Reply #42 on: 20 Oct 2012, 01:10 »

I've always found it rather difficult to keep a character as an ass, especially in EVE.  In other games I have a bit more leeway in allowing myself to play a jerk, but in EVE I really don't.  In those other games I can usually hold my own should things have more involved in-game consequences.  Yet here in EVE, my glaring failure at each and every attempt to shoot other people seems to have influenced my demeanor.  I sometimes wonder if Uraniae would be as nice as she is if I could actually "back it up" in space.

So I guess I can't really comment on the "tired of being a jerk" bit.  Though I do occasionally get tired of "having to be reasonable."

Laerise [PIE]

• Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #43 on: 20 Oct 2012, 06:49 »

Being a full-time ass is a way to go in a wargame!

Actually it's not, if you really live up to that quote you must be one hell of a TFG.  :psyccp:

It's one thing to roleplay an asshole, but be a perfectly cordial person out of character - being a fulltime asshole irl is not really something to be proud of.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 20 Oct 2012, 08:39 »

It does require a bit of 1984 double think, and really keeping a reminder going that it's just internet space pixels, I shouldn't feel bad for making the little grey line turn into a little red line, or causing IC stress for others, etc.

I loves all of you ooc (well most of you ;0 )

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4