Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)  (Read 17651 times)

Malcolm Khross

Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)
« on: 02 Jun 2012, 06:20 »

So, most people probably already know a little bit about the Honor Guard but I figured I should make a full topic about it.

The Wiyrkomi Honor Guard is an RP-centric corporation, that means that RP is central to everything we do and nobody gets in that doesn't RP. This means that we will likely be a small corp, but we'll be a closely knit corporation with members who are all role playing with each other and enjoying being in a corp together.

We will be moving into Faction Warfare soon and working on anti-piracy activities. We do missions as a corp regularly and are now developing a small industrial core to provide cheap ships and modules for corpies!

For anyone interested in more information pertaining to the Honor Guard, feel free to look us up in-game, visit our website, read our IGS foundation statement or contact me!

Malcolm Khross

Re: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2012, 06:23 »

I want to extend complete gratitude and praise for Ken, who is playing a character in the Honor Guard.

Completely without any provocation from myself or other corpmates and to my complete surprise this morning, I awoke to a mail containing a video. This video is amazing! It was designed by Ken for the Honor Guard and basically details exactly what led to its formation.

Ken, you're awesome and thanks so much!

Wiyrkomi Honor Guard Recruitment Video of AWESOME

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2012, 06:42 »

Thanks, Mal. :) Was fun to make, but it's really just a remix. Wish I had the talents of Kyoko or some of the other outstanding video producers in the RP community.  :cube:

If anyone is looking for a Caldari pewpew home both built and run on RP with enthusiastic leaders and a tightly-knit core membership, please check out the Honor Guard.

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2012, 07:07 »

"Just a remix", my god, Ken, that is damn good. I endorse it.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2012, 10:05 »

!

One of the best eve vids I've seen in a long time, remix or not  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2012, 10:29 »

*Cheers*

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2012, 10:50 »

Nicely made. Kuddos, Ken.

Negative factor; it's a State propaganda-piece, as allways bitching about events they brough on themselves, crying about consequences to their own stupidity and glorifying an act of "sacrifice" that was anything but. Well, in the universe of EVE, all of that is normal.

Good luck with your corp, Malcolm.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 2012, 11:43 »

A worthy video for a worthy member of the community. Well done, both of you.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jun 2012, 12:01 »

Negative factor; it's a State propaganda-piece, as allways bitching about events they brough on themselves, crying about consequences to their own stupidity and glorifying an act of "sacrifice" that was anything but.

Wow... that is one perspective...

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jun 2012, 12:14 »

Negative factor; it's a State propaganda-piece, as allways bitching about events they brough on themselves, crying about consequences to their own stupidity and glorifying an act of "sacrifice" that was anything but. Well, in the universe of EVE, all of that is normal.

That seems like a bit of an overreaction to me..

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jun 2012, 13:25 »

That seems like a bit of an overreaction to me..

Just an opinion. Ignore and move on, or challenge and debate. (May want to do that in a different tread though.)

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #11 on: 02 Jun 2012, 14:01 »

It's a recruitment video, of course it's viewable as propaganda.

However, can we please keep negativity of that nature out of the thread? That's a viewpoint I can understand a Federal character having, but it's hardly something to bring into OOC.

Thanks.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jun 2012, 14:10 »

it's a State propaganda-piece

Oh, why yes, of course it is.  8)

as allways bitching about events they brough on themselves, crying about consequences to their own stupidity and glorifying an act of "sacrifice" that was anything but.

Brilliant, right?  What a wonder, that Caldari way of thinking.  ;)

Gallente to the left of them!  Gallente to the right of them!  Gallente behind them!  Volley'd and thunder'd!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jun 2012, 15:03 »

I'm a little worried about the video, honestly. For reasons other than the above-stated opinion on the Caldari mindset.

What's the video supposed to do? As a recruitment piece for a corp I'm assuming that providing info about that corp is desired. It does none of that.

Towards the end we get the corp name and an emblem, and a bit later after that, the "recruitment is open" message. Great, so we know three things.

It's a Pro-Caldari corp.
It's named Wiyrkomi Honor Guard.
It's recruiting.

Other than that the video is very much a Pro-Caldari possibly Anti-Gallente piece with generalized themes in it, it really don't tell us much about the corp it was made for; what do they do, who leads, where do they live, what do they want, am I fit to join?

It's very well made, but appears to have missed the point, unless I'm the one who don't get it /o\

Desiderya

« Reply #14 on: 02 Jun 2012, 15:34 »

I still don't get what there is to be worried about. So you disagree with the choice of patriotic elements for a patriot corporation, cool, it's your good right.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2012, 15:41 by Desiderya »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9