Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)  (Read 17650 times)

Kybernetes Moros

Re: Wiyrkomi Honor Guard (RP Corp, Caldari)
« Reply #30 on: 09 Jun 2012, 05:50 »

Caldari noise isn't something I'm tremendously well-informed about, but Wiyrkomi's in with the patriots, who're in with Kaalakiotaa, which is in with Heth. That bloc's described as having a vocal minority that is particularly warmongering, but the last line of the State Factionalism chronicle is:
The patriots are willing to negotiate alternative ways to acquire Caldari Prime other than through war, but they know that they can only see their dream come true by convincing the Federation of the economical and, most importantly, militaristic superiority of the Caldari State. This is what they strive for.

It's a bit of maneuvering, but it's not a complete stretch to imply what they have from what they know.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #31 on: 09 Jun 2012, 08:32 »

So, we joined STPRO and everyone seems pretty upset about that IC.

It got me thinking, I created the Honor Guard under Wiyrkomi because they seemed to focus the most on honesty and integrity in their dealings and I couldn't find anything in-game or various resource sites that would indicate they were anything but. (Other than the shadiness behind their current leadership family).

However, apparently there's been some recent updates to the CPD and the Patriot bloc since I left and came back and I haven't found them yet either. Is Wiyrkomi a staunch supporter of the Provists as has been suggested or is that simply political maneuvering IC?

I'm not familiar with any major changes in the Providence Directorate's relationship with KK, Lai Dai, or Wiyrkomi, but I haven't read the Dust 514 book and don't plan to do so.  Could be some info in there maybe.  IIRC, Wiyrkomi was supposed to be taking a heavy interest in new ground combat technologies in lieu of exploring WH space, so there could be some involvement there with the Dust stuff.  Perhaps plans to undermine or replace the CPD?  In general, Wiyrkomi is neat because it has the Seituoda family.  Really, there should be a Seituoda in the Executor's office.  :twisted:

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #32 on: 09 Jun 2012, 08:58 »

I wouldn't read too much OOCly into the IC reactions, by the way. And, as we frequently see IRL, it is fairly common for individuals and organizations to feel the need to support their nation even when they dislike the leadership at the highest levels.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #33 on: 09 Jun 2012, 09:43 »

I wouldn't read too much OOCly into the IC reactions, by the way. And, as we frequently see IRL, it is fairly common for individuals and organizations to feel the need to support their nation even when they dislike the leadership at the highest levels.

Precisely.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #34 on: 09 Jun 2012, 09:53 »

I'll see if I can link the source when I get home, but I was recently led to believe that the Patriot bloc (with a possible exception of KK because of Heth himself) isn't 100% behind the provists, partly because the provists accomplished some of what the Patriots have wanted to do all along without the bloc's help.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #35 on: 09 Jun 2012, 10:05 »

Excellent video & well written IGS post!  I just hate it when State Loyalist do something right.  :eek:  Best of luck, I look forward to loathing you ICly.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #36 on: 09 Jun 2012, 10:47 »

No way man. You totally want your enemies to stay viable because otherwise you're just gonna get bored.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 09 Jun 2012, 12:20 »

State of the Caldari State, 110.06.11

Quote from: Patriots
Generally regarded as the most powerful faction, the Patriots are an alliance of Lai Dai, Wiyrkomi, and the mighty Kaalakiota, who between them and their subsidiaries possess capabilities rivaling those of the other two Caldari political factions combined. They are genuinely patriotic and extremely proud.

However, that rather jingoistic pride has been mortally injured by Heth's politically vicious rise. As a result, they generally refuse to admit, even to each other, that many of the things Heth has done are exactly what they themselves have wanted to do all along. While the wounds are still too fresh for them to feel anything but hatred for him, they realize that to defy him openly would harm the State (and their dominant position within it) immeasurably, so for now they play along with him and pretend (as much to themselves as to anyone else) that they're not immensely enjoying giving the Gallente a black eye.

The Patriot leadership/elites/surviving executives like a lot of what Heth enabled, but they abhor Heth.  The way he rose to power is seen as a dangerous example, a demagogue with unknown backing succeeds in a workers revolt.   A very "Gallente" way of rising to power.

I caution following the "well marked signs" to make the connections within the State.

Wiyrkomi's in with the patriots, who're in with Kaalakiotaa, which is in with Heth.

Wiyrkomi is a patriot corporation, it holds many of the same intercorporate and international positions as its fellow patriots, Kaalakiotaa and Lai Dai.   It does not mean they are lock step or do not compete with each other.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #38 on: 09 Jun 2012, 12:42 »

Wiyrkomi is a patriot corporation, it holds many of the same intercorporate and international positions as its fellow patriots, Kaalakiotaa and Lai Dai.   It does not mean they are lock step or do not compete with each other.

Oh, sure -- but they're the associations people wanting to criticise the corporation could draw upon.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #39 on: 09 Jun 2012, 14:45 »

No way man. You totally want your enemies to stay viable because otherwise you're just gonna get bored.

I was being facieses, but I stand corrected.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 09 Jun 2012, 15:19 »

Im all for Caldari-aligned corps defending the State.  I mean, that kinda makes sense right.  I loathed George Bush, but its not like if Canada suddenly invaded the US back then I would have gone "ehh, I dont like Bush, they can occupy my hometown".

Also, more WTs  \o/   
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #41 on: 09 Jun 2012, 17:08 »

Heth put his cronies in key positions within Kaalakiota.   This does not mean he has the undying support of KK's billions of employees, especially the millions of mid and upper level managers whose property and wages he seized to fund StaPro.     The lower class probably care little about, or understand little of internal state politics and intergalactic policy.  The people who actually understand and care about such things and affiliate themselves with the Patriot faction out of knowledge vice indoctrination are the upper and middle class Heth has alienated. 

As for Lai Dai and Wiyrkomi, they need their contracts with the Caldari Navy, Kaalakiota, and probably StaPro now too.   What they don’t need is the other five mega’s tearing them apart because they don’t have KK’s backing.   Heth pretty much has the entire State at gun point with very few people, even in Kaalakiota, actually loyal to him. 

Heth !=  Kaalakiota.   
Provist != Patriots.

« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2012, 17:11 by Hamish Grayson »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 09 Jun 2012, 19:04 »

Heth put his cronies in key positions within Kaalakiota.   This does not mean he has the undying support of KK's billions of employees, especially the millions of mid and upper level managers whose property and wages he seized to fund StaPro.     The lower class probably care little about, or understand little of internal state politics and intergalactic policy.  The people who actually understand and care about such things and affiliate themselves with the Patriot faction out of knowledge vice indoctrination are the upper and middle class Heth has alienated. 

As for Lai Dai and Wiyrkomi, they need their contracts with the Caldari Navy, Kaalakiota, and probably StaPro now too.   What they don’t need is the other five mega’s tearing them apart because they don’t have KK’s backing.   Heth pretty much has the entire State at gun point with very few people, even in Kaalakiota, actually loyal to him. 

Heth !=  Kaalakiota.   
Provist != Patriots.

Here's what Heth does control.  It was stated in TBL that Heth finally brought "pure" meritocracy to the State (and likely the main trait that's deemed "meritorious" is loyalty to Heth). 

So while Heth doesnt necessarily have the control and loyalty of the population, he has the loyalty of the new generation of young "Meritocracts", young leaders who will be increasingly growing in power and who owe their new power and position to Heth.

Thats enough for a dictator to work with.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2012, 19:07 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #43 on: 10 Jun 2012, 13:46 »

Okay....

So once again, without provocation, Ken has created an epic video for the Honor Guard that leaves me speechless.

http://youtu.be/qwX9hXFo4d0

Desiderya

« Reply #44 on: 10 Jun 2012, 14:05 »

Here's what Heth does control.  It was stated in TBL that Heth finally brought "pure" meritocracy to the State (and likely the main trait that's deemed "meritorious" is loyalty to Heth). 

So while Heth doesnt necessarily have the control and loyalty of the population, he has the loyalty of the new generation of young "Meritocracts", young leaders who will be increasingly growing in power and who owe their new power and position to Heth.

Thats enough for a dictator to work with.

The last two paragraphs of the Tomorrow A Dream chronicle have an ample bit of information regarding these points, indicating both that the 'New Meritocracy' is indeed a boon to the weaker ( and more numerous ) levels of caldari society as well as he's apparently not one to take power, then hand it over to his own lickspittles/followers.
There's still plenty of wrong with Heth, but the man has two sides and should be, at least OOCly, seen as such. Imho, most of the caldari rp implosion with TEA was due to the broad assumption made by TonyG that "ur doin it wrong", claiming that the State's meritocracy was in dire need of a revision, due to corruption and so on, and not to the fact that Heth is a singular and ambiguous leader.

Also, Ken, thanks for another great video :)
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2012, 14:08 by Desiderya »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9