Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crielere Research Laboratories  (Read 3347 times)

Rakelius

• Clonejack
Crielere Research Laboratories
« on: 17 Apr 2012, 16:38 »

Will be putting in updates here on the progress.
So I was thinking that some of you out there might help me out here. I was seriously thinking of making a corporation or a "coalition" (a gathering of people from here and there), to form up a continuation of the  Crielere Research Laboratories project.
The role-playing would be very focused on the high-tech side of the eve gameplay, having a panel of scientists discussing and creating articles on technological aspects.
But I am curious to hear from you all, what would you do? And do you think it's possible to make a gallente-caldari co-op in the game successfully?

Here are some links if you don't know what it is:
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Crielere
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/The_Spirit_of_Crielere

22-04-2012 Update on the idea.
Alright, so seeing that this post got more attention than i originally imagined, I have some updates on things that could be done, also taking your ideas in consideration.
And thank you for all the support, great to see such a positive feedback :)

So I did some thinking, and relating the overall fundamental concept of the crielere project to in-game activities, would be achieved by (as an example) getting a class 3 maybe class 4 wormhole for the corporation. This would allow the actual idea of being able to manufacture just about anything possible, and at the same time open up some opportunities for good RP since tech3 is possible there.
Considering that the Crielere Project is of scientific nature, on a state of the art level, the tech3 manufacturing and sleeper surroundings will serve great roleplaying environment.

So the in-game setup is as follows until further changes are made:
The Corporation - Crielere Research Institute (active, contact CEO Renlikh)
The Laboratory Corporation - Crielere Research Facilities/Labs
The Alliance - Crielere Research Union
The Coalition - Crielere Research Coalition

The Laboratory corporation, is a high-sec corp that has high faction standings with either caldari or gallente. It will serve as a way to provide the alliance and friends with research slots in high-sec.

So RP setup is as follows until further changes are made:
The Crielere Research Laboratories project after it's ending, was believed to have great potential. The scientists who worked on the project where deeply inspired by Taromi Umailen & Henric Touvolle, whom where two famous scientists who refused to abandon the project. When the two famous scientists died, a group of remaining scientists from the project would honor the deaths of their fellow colleagues, and by immortalizing their names, they swore to continue the project at any cost.
The Gallente-Caldari war would be directly counterproductive towards their goal, which led to the entire project going underground for years. For years they would work in different corporations and secretly share their technological achievements with each other, but the need for a faster and more efficient teamwork grew. As they grew larger in their network and more eager to work closer together, a part of the scientists would permanently move into a wormhole which they saw as their opportunity to get a headquarter, sanctioned from political disputes.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2012, 11:36 by Rakelius »

Lyn Farel

Re: Crielere Research Laboratories
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2012, 17:36 »

Thats always a good idea, to start with.

Now, it can be a Caldari Gallente intellectual co-op braving the war between both empires. It can also be expanded to something more universal, but that way you might fall in what has been done here and there, starting with Arek'Jalaan.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2012, 22:08 »

Going old school with it. OFC, the first time round it didn't work out entirely well. It's a cool place to take inspiration from, though.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2012, 22:27 »

Though I have little time to play these days, I suspect my character would support such a project.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2012, 05:09 »

This is relevant to my interests.

Bastian Valoron

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2012, 10:12 »

We might be interested in this.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2012, 12:01 »

Good luck on this. 

If needed, I will happily volunteer Cael for use in any experiments.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2012, 12:25 »

Dibs on the Cael.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2012, 12:28 »

Morwen might be interested. Will keep my ears open. :)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2012, 14:20 »

We might also be interested, if your doors are open to a bunch of people seeking to create a high-tech fascist utopia.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2012, 04:47 »

You got my attention...

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2012, 09:24 »

This could be neat.

...on the other hand, it could spawn a lot of "i r scientist" that spawns sudden, groundbreaking discoveries made by lone individuals based on wanting attention / not understanding the game / not understanding science / whatever. Regardless, it's an interesting concept that could be fun to see played with.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2012, 09:30 »

...on the other hand, it could spawn a lot of "i r scientist" that spawns sudden, groundbreaking discoveries made by lone individuals based on wanting attention / not understanding the game / not understanding science / whatever.

S'what peer review is for.
I might be interested in collaboration for science. Will keep an eye on this.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2012, 11:12 »

"i r scientist"

NO I R SCIENTIST

... srsly though I wanna play too. :o

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2012, 12:23 »

S'what peer review is for.
I might be interested in collaboration for science.

Sure -- if that looks at it from both IC and OOC angles. Much as I usually shy from taking OOC considerations IC, someone claiming to have gone and downloaded everything stored in a Sleeper Enclave, for instance, would best be handled by a flat "er, no, that's not how it works" OOC rather than the comparitively flimsy "he's lying and a bit of a nutbar" IC.

I don't know, I imagine it'll be fine, but being a physicist and seeing Arek'jaalan has made me intensely wary of this kind of idea.
Pages: [1] 2