Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crielere Research Laboratories  (Read 3348 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Crielere Research Laboratories
« Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2012, 12:41 »

S'what peer review is for.
I might be interested in collaboration for science.

Sure -- if that looks at it from both IC and OOC angles. Much as I usually shy from taking OOC considerations IC, someone claiming to have gone and downloaded everything stored in a Sleeper Enclave, for instance, would best be handled by a flat "er, no, that's not how it works" OOC rather than the comparitively flimsy "he's lying and a bit of a nutbar" IC.

I don't know, I imagine it'll be fine, but being a physicist and seeing Arek'jaalan has made me intensely wary of this kind of idea.

There's a reason that I've stayed out of the science parts of the project (and, for that matter, away from ingame science in general after the original SeyCon), that's more or less it. I don't mind doing peer review, though - I enjoy getting to read things, as does Morwen. Just ask Mark or Rhavas, I've looked over their AJ work a bunch.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 20 Apr 2012, 13:32 »

Assuming work/study/miscellaneous hell doesn't take my time, you might have one engineer here. The one trait I share with Axel is the applied side of science: You provide the technology, I'll try to make it do something. (Assuming Axel and I share design quirks, in the case that Axel designing something happens, please keep a distance if there's a risk that they explode upon malfunctioning. Stuff I've done do work fine... eventually.)

Rakelius

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2012, 19:28 »

So I made some updates today, I know it's a little more reading, but any help on this is greatly appreciated, also with the naming :)
I saw that many are interested in joining this. In whatever way you wish to join, contact Rakelius in-game. Hope to talk to you all again soon, this could be some great fun.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2012, 04:34 »

I question how good of an idea it is to have the entity so broken up from the start -- having two separate corporations seems superfluous when you could pass off the lab work and administration as two sections of the same corporation. The wormhole is a neat touch, but again I'm not sure how well it would work as a starting point instead of something to work to over time as a short-to-medium-term goal. The description you wrote up doesn't read entirely naturally, either, but that's not too big a deal.

I realise I'm coming across as pretty critical, but that's mostly because I think this is a good idea; some things stand out to me as weird in it, so I'm wondering if I've just misinterpreted them or they could be improved. :P

Rakelius

• Clonejack
« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2012, 11:36 »

Being critical is very good for me. It helps me see what needs to be changed. The reason why i wanted a seperate (1 man) corp, is so that the standings would not be lowered, and make it possible for high-sec lab research.
But yes you have a good point, it might be to much of a rush to move into a WH at once, it's merely because i personally allready live in one.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2012, 12:14 »

Ah, a one-man corporation's different. I was reading it as two distinct entities, each with multiple members; it does make the interaction of others with the research towers trickier, though. Whether that's a good thing or not probably depends on your aims and your own perspective.

Already having a wormhole simplifies things from what I first thought (that you didn't have one to start with), but it limits the appeal of your corporation if the bulk of it is in wormhole space, as I found out living with friends in C5 space. Again, it depends on your aims and perspective: if you want a heavy amount of work done in text, e.g. as channel / message RP, it works fine, but it could be problematic if you want more in-space stuff. Lower-class wormholes may be a little less niche, though; I've no experience with living in those.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2012, 16:02 »

I think it's a good idea to set up the WH at the start.   Or at least as soon as you have enough people.  Even if you kicked out, which is unlikely, the experience will be worth the loss of a few towers.    Just set up somewhere else and recoup the losses in a week.

Also, why bother putting up highsec research tower if you already have a tower farm in a WH?  Any extra protection of an asset worth less than a quarter billion isn't worth the logistics headache of running an extra tower outside of your farm.     POS are cheap,and disposable.   Treat them as such.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2012, 20:23 »

I'm sort of interested in hearing any updates you might have on this project.
Pages: 1 [2]