Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 30584 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE
« Reply #105 on: 19 Mar 2012, 08:22 »

Old 2007 BioWare video about the ME1 voice actors here.

Just thought I'd share because at 1:00, it's Lance Henriksen (voice of Admiral Hackett), and his voice just makes me gush everywhere.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #106 on: 19 Mar 2012, 09:58 »

His voice is nice of course, but I don't he's really acting all much in ME. :P

Somehow I get the feeling he isn't taking "video game voicing" all that seriously. Martin Sheen, for example, is just pure acting gold in the series. Then again, it could be that Lance Henriksen was just directed to be pure monotone anyway.

Overall though, Mass Effect has such amazing voice work that it truly stands out.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #107 on: 19 Mar 2012, 12:40 »

From a thread called "ME3 Suggested Changes Feedback Thread - Spoilers Allowed" on Bioware's forums:
Jessica Merizan wrote...

I think I need to clarify myself. For the past few weeks, I've been collecting feedback. I have excel sheets, word documents, quotes, graphs, you name it.

In order for a collaboration between the devs and the fans to work, I need you guys to CONTINUE being constructive, and organizing your thoughts. I know where to look, but I need you to help me by contributing to the dialogue.

Saying "this blows" helps no one. Saying, "I enjoyed X but I found Z _____ because of A,B,C" is what I'm looking for. Channel your frustration into something positive (such as the RetakeME3 movement - constructive, organized thoughts).

Chris and I are both collecting your feedback. We're listening. Make yourself heard.
It's not committal, but you can post critiques there for what you'd like to see/not see in some sort of ending change.

Too bad that means the "'real ending' was a planned free DLC all along" rumor was wrong. Don't make me go through the cycle again, Bioware.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Will work for pretty sig.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #108 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:14 »

Does it really mean the rumour is wrong? Could just be smoke and mirrors.

Ah, god, this is such a clusterfuck, one needs to take a step back from it.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #109 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:37 »

Could it be that Bioware is not that good at making video games?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #110 on: 19 Mar 2012, 13:48 »

most disappointing thing about ME3 was this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
\o/

Random Sentience

« Reply #111 on: 19 Mar 2012, 14:59 »

I think it's just a matter of a game not living up to exceedingly high player expectations and marketing hype. It's a good game. It could have been a lot better, and I think right now people are just trying to express that sentiment. Bioware wrote themselves into a corner with Mass Effect 2; a lot of people did want their team from ME2 to survive so they could be squad mates, not 20 point war assets (me included).

:bash:

For the sake of transparency, I LOVE the game, even though I do agree and sympathize with those expressing disappointment. The ending is so final that it's hard to push through a second playthrough. It's hard to motivate myself to start a new Mass Effect trilogy playthrough to see a Renegade ending... I don't think that was the intended response to the ending, and I honestly can't see how the developers couldn't see that reaction coming. That final 'continue the adventure!' screen just... yeah, I'll agree with Louella there. Most disappointing moment.

I didn't want this to be a choose-your-own-adventure novel.

:cry:

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #112 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:26 »

The plothole ridden ending isn't on par with the quality of writing over three games.

Bioware are great at making videogames and they're excellent at storyline and dialogue, that ending was as if they ran out of time and hired Tommy Wiseau to script it.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #113 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:39 »

Bioware are great at making videogames and they're excellent at storyline and dialogue, that ending was as if they ran out of time and hired Tommy Wiseau to script it.

I did not script it, it's not true. It's bullshit, I did not script it. I did naht...oh hi Casey.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #114 on: 19 Mar 2012, 18:31 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I've not played ME3 yet. Please, please tell me this is some kind of horrible joke.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #115 on: 19 Mar 2012, 18:59 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I've not played ME3 yet. Please, please tell me this is some kind of horrible joke.

It's not. Fortunately, after the ending, you're so dead inside that you don't even really see it as that much of an affront. :P

Random Sentience

« Reply #116 on: 19 Mar 2012, 21:16 »

I did not script it, it's not true. It's bullshit, I did not script it. I did naht...oh hi Casey.
Let's play a game of football!

:yar:

In all seriousness though, there are people saying that it's possible that the ending was changed after the leak in November.  :| The "Leak" did have all the endings, but there were actually answers, apparently. I haven't read the leaks though.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #117 on: 19 Mar 2012, 21:33 »

Link!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #118 on: 20 Mar 2012, 02:07 »

Don't have the links (they're buried under hundreds of pages of threads. Those forums are on fire.) but from what I read the Reapers were actually protecting the galaxy from (insert Dark Energy related bad stuff here, foreshadowed on Haestrom in ME2) and you'd have a talk with Harbinger near the end. There was talk of you being able to sacrifice the human race to the Reapers in order to safeguard the galaxy or destroy the Reapers and take your chances with the dark energy stuff yourselves.

There was more to it, but even this alone would be infinitely better than the ending we got.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #119 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:44 »

Yeah, that's the biggest plothole, really. :| why on earth did they make such a big fuss in ME2 about dark energy, from Parasini of Noveria talking about it, to Haestrom, to numerous other hints sprinkled through the game AND DLC? And then not even use it in ME3?

It reeks of some kind of weird executive decision tbh. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18