Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ushra'Khan is the oldest active alliance in New Eden.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Arek'jaalan: The analysis  (Read 23310 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Arek'jaalan: The analysis
« Reply #135 on: 07 Dec 2011, 10:52 »

Trouble brews on Security committee it seems...

Also, is CONCORD on an indeffinte coffee break vis a vis Site One?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #136 on: 08 Dec 2011, 12:27 »

CONCORD doesn't respond for Capsuleer aggression against the Empires, only against other Capsuleers.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #137 on: 16 Dec 2011, 11:27 »

I have really have to ask if this Mark276 guy is flamebaiting or just plain stupid...

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #138 on: 16 Dec 2011, 16:38 »

He properly forgot the setting he was talking in.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #139 on: 05 Jan 2012, 11:50 »

does arek'jaalan have a future with the revelations in templar one ?
\o/

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #140 on: 05 Jan 2012, 11:54 »

Doesn't seem so  :|

Random Sentience

« Reply #141 on: 05 Jan 2012, 14:25 »

Yeah... right now I'm waiting for bomb under the table to go off. I don't think it will be pretty, and I'm concerned about what will happen when the dust clears.

No pun intended.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #142 on: 20 Jan 2012, 19:12 »

I saw this news and thought of AJ, been playing EVE for way too long it seems :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16662346

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #143 on: 05 Feb 2012, 14:54 »

does arek'jaalan have a future with the revelations in templar one ?

I am astoundingly unimpressed that ideas I've been incorporating into an Arek'Jaalan Sleeper project that has taken many, many, hours have (from what I read in the spoiler thread)  been hand fed to us in Templar One.

They tell us the pieces of the puzzle are there to find, encourage us to figure it out, start-up an in-game project, request our submissions, and then while we're putting the last few pieces of the puzzle together they show us the picture from the box.

Honestly don't know where to go from here.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #144 on: 06 Feb 2012, 04:23 »

I know the feeling, Kaito, know the feeling. I had a good reason why to put my Sleeper theory out before the release of Templar One.

I want to progress with A'J some more and while I can perfectly understand Dropbear cannot be handling this 24/7 it is now two months since he has made any appearance in the project and in the meantime we have had the release of Templar One and The Fiction Portal both confusing people on what to do.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2012, 05:37 by Myyona »

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #145 on: 06 Feb 2012, 09:25 »

I know the feeling, Kaito, know the feeling. I had a good reason why to put my Sleeper theory out before the release of Templar One.

I want to progress with A'J some more and while I can perfectly understand Dropbear cannot be handling this 24/7 it is now two months since he has made any appearance in the project and in the meantime we have had the release of Templar One and The Fiction Portal both confusing people on what to do.

It is already difficult enough to get the community to even acknowledge a theory that involves the Jove in any way. Once a theory has been put out there in the world of OOC PF it is considerably harder to get people to look at it IC. No matter how you arrived at your conclusions, no matter how much supporting evidence you have, no matter if all the work went in before the OOC material was available, it will not be taken seriously. Theories involving "powerful isotopes" are already laughed at, Sleeper/Jove connections mocked, and we don't stand a chance of making any progress towards the Jamyl situation as that one really is so firmly out of our realm it makes one wonder why the  plot-line  exists.

The hopes of what must by now be hundreds of hours of work between reading, note taking, sorting notes, The Musings, Project Awakening, Project Shattered Helix (working title), and an untitled paper on possible Jovian/Talocan links to Matar,  have effectively been written off. Given these efforts were prompted by CCP's fantastic world-building, clue dropping, and belief that we can figure things out for ourselves I don't think betrayal is too harsh a word for their allowing this book to be published at this time, essentially as a DUST514 promotion.

I have made a poor investment of my time it seems.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #146 on: 06 Feb 2012, 12:12 »

* Louella Dougans hugs Kaito and Myyona
\o/

Bastian Valoron

• Egger
« Reply #147 on: 06 Feb 2012, 13:43 »

I am astoundingly unimpressed that ideas I've been incorporating into an Arek'Jaalan Sleeper project that has taken many, many, hours have (from what I read in the spoiler thread)  been hand fed to us in Templar One.

They tell us the pieces of the puzzle are there to find, encourage us to figure it out, start-up an in-game project, request our submissions, and then while we're putting the last few pieces of the puzzle together they show us the picture from the box.

Honestly don't know where to go from here.

I feel for you. There must be a curse on CCP live events.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #148 on: 06 Feb 2012, 14:29 »

A hug is good but I am going to take any additional contributions off my list for now and go to passively observer mode, like most others are doing.

The EVE story is much better to just read about than engage in and I see the current developments going towards more of that. Templar One just widened the gap between OOC and IC knowledge to new exceptional lengths and Abraxas plans for the Fiction Portal will only make it wider. The talk from CCP side about wanting to decrease the gap must have been a joke.

Btw. Kaito, your Musings are awesome and you have scored much credit on those.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2012, 15:37 by Myyona »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #149 on: 06 Feb 2012, 17:22 »

This is what you get when a games company confuses it's content department with a marketing team.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13