Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Favorite RP moment in EVE  (Read 15086 times)

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
Favorite RP moment in EVE
« on: 20 Apr 2010, 17:37 »

We've all had one. This is mine. It took place the only time I went to the channel Shea's Bar and Grill, which was a popular hang-out for people choosing to roleplay furries in EVE. One of them was at this point in time expecting puppies, and I made an alt especially for this joyous occasion.  :D

Cruella Duvolle > /emote walks in with a cold smile, inhaling on a cigarette at the end of a long, thin mouthpiece.

Cruella Duvolle > /emote blows out a cloud of bluish smoke, her painted, clawlike fingernails holding the mouthpiece in a vulturelike grip.

Cruella Duvolle > /emote looks around, still wearing the frozen grin. "I heard rumors somebody was expecting puppies..."

Todes > ((OMFG))

Crystal Dihank > /emote blinks

Crystal Dihank > (( JUDE! ))

Jude Kopenhagen > ((i SWEAR THAT IS NOT ME))

Crystal Dihank > (( . . . . . ))

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote walks in wearing his white uniform

Crystal Dihank > puppies

Crystal Dihank > yes puppies

Cruella Duvolle > /emote walks over to Crystal, her hips swaying -stopping once to check her lipstick on the way.

Crystal Dihank > /emote backs away

Todes > /emote arches an eyebrow at the gallente

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote watches

Cruella Duvolle > /emote then looks up at Crystal, smiling brilliantly once again. "Oh, yes, of course, it must be you. Congratulations, my darling."

Crystal Dihank > O.o

Cruella Duvolle > You will tell me as soon as they are born, yes? I simply adore puppies.

Crystal Dihank > O.O

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote sighs, then makes a Nightwatch Special

Crystal Dihank > i don't think you would adore wolf pups

Cruella Duvolle > /emote makes a very wolfish grin of her own as she stares at Crystal's belly. "Such pretty, soft fur..."

Crystal Dihank > . . . .

Todes > /emote gives Cruella a cold look

Cruella Duvolle > Tell you what, darling, I simply must have them.

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote watchs in fascination while drinking

Cruella Duvolle > I will send somebody over with a contract right away.

Crystal Dihank > /emote lets out a low deep growl

Todes > Back off.

Cruella Duvolle > Hm?

Todes > (Shea..... is that you?)

Cruella Duvolle > /emote looks Todes over with a dismissing glance, before turning back to Crystal. "Tell you what, darling, I'll give you twice as much as what you were offered by that strumpet over there."

Cruella Duvolle > /emote tosses her head once in Todes' direction.

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote laughs

Crystal Dihank > /emote lets out another growl* that "strumpet" is thier second mother

Crystal Dihank > dolt

Todes > /emote glares at Cruella

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote tries to get thier attention > Take the fights outside please

Zaltev > /emote stops in for tea and strumpets* Hi everyone!

Cruella Duvolle > /emote looks at Todes in a new light, raising an eyebrow appreciatively. "Are you expecting puppies, too?"

Crystal Dihank > i can handle this shrews

Crystal Dihank > i have akey to the bouncer bot

Todes > No I am not.

Jude Kopenhagen > Zaltev, some strumpets over here, or so I hear

Cruella Duvolle > I promise I will give you a very reasonable price.

Crystal Dihank > im not selling my children you sick gallente

Todes > Not for sale, now leave us alone

Fractyl Gloxer > Such callous disregard for the feelings of others, such ruthless pursuit of a single-minded goal, I rather like this Gallente, yes

Fractyl Gloxer > /emote raises teacup

Cruella Duvolle > Not for....everything is for sale, darling. We just have yet to agree upon the price.

Crystal Dihank > . . . .

Crystal Dihank > your cigarette ran out

Zaltev > /emote joins Fractyle for tea, and offers her a plate of biscuits* Have a strumpet?

Crystal Dihank > can i offer you one of mine?

Crystal Dihank > /emote holds up a pack of translucent sticks

Fractyl Gloxer > Oh, I've tried strumpet, it didn't agree with me, no

Todes > /emote glances at Fractyl

Cruella Duvolle > Thank you, my dear, that is a lovely offer, but i only smoke our own brand, which I know has been thoroughly tested on animals first.

Jude Kopenhagen > /emote chuckles at Zaltev and Fractyl

Crystal Dihank > you sick

Todes > /emote reaches into her bag and pulls out a roll of ductape

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote sighs and mumers to himself > Thats why gallente need to die sometimes

Crystal Dihank > /emote picks one up then shoves it in cruella's mouth and lights the end on fire then laughs as the stick melts and instantly glues cruella's mouth suht

Cruella Duvolle > /emote discards the cigarette butt casually on the floor, pulls out another cigarette, fitting it into the mouthpiece and lighting it.

Jude Kopenhagen > ((Not my deal, but that is godmodding))

Crystal Dihank > like my "glue glue gun cigarettes?

Zaltev > My, the hostility in here is dangerously high

Lord Shrewsberry > It is

Cruella Duvolle > /emote casually avoids the attempt at godmodding, continuing to smoke her own menthol cigarette perfectly calmly.

Crystal Dihank > how would you like it if this bat tried to buy your children

Lord Shrewsberry > I dont have any

Zaltev > /emote munches peacefully on a strumpet, or a crumpet*

Jude Kopenhagen > Hehe

Crystal Dihank > zaltev dose

Jude Kopenhagen > Zaltev, got any strumpets, I mean crumpets to spare?

Cruella Duvolle > /emote looks around interestedly. "You have bats here, too? They make lovely shoes when their hides are cured in the proper fashion."

Todes > Ya we have bats

Crystal Dihank > /emote lashes out with claws at cruella

Lord Shrewsberry > /emote agrees > They are good target practice

Todes > I'm looking at an old one right now *her eyes locked at Cruella*

Cruella Duvolle > Oh, my! Easy there, darling. We are all reasonable business people here, I am sure.

Crystal Dihank > ok cruella

Zaltev > /emote tosses a strumpet at Jude*

Crystal Dihank > im going to ask you to leave

Crystal Dihank > if not

Crystal Dihank > ill kick you

Jude Kopenhagen > /emote winks at Zaltev, thank you darling

Crystal Dihank > unless you can behave civilly

Cruella Duvolle > /emote holds up a hand, nodding as she blows another cloud of smoke.

Jude Kopenhagen > Once again, not my deal, but she has not threatened or attempted to hurt anyone,

Fractyl Gloxer > Cruella's not the one attacking people... *sips some tea*

SheaLorin > Crystal what's up i missed something

Cruella Duvolle > Okay, okay, dear - I'll leave you to bear your puppies in peace. I'll come back to check on them as soon as they're born.

Crystal Dihank > shea

Crystal Dihank > she whants to buy my pups from me

Jude Kopenhagen > Yup, never been here where people where kicked withouth actually doing anything wrong

Zaltev > I doubt there will be 101 of them.....

Cruella Duvolle > /emote smiles her sweet, cold smile as she turns to leave the room, hips swaying as she walks.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
Re: Favorite RP moment in EVE
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2010, 17:39 »

This is why Nata is in mai corp and nobody else can has. ^_^

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2010, 17:46 »

I find it hilarious that the forum's 1337th post should detail an encounter involving furries.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:09 »

I have to ask, or my RPer friends in other games simply won't believe me.

Um, I don't even know what to ask. People RP furries in EVE? Or do they engage in furry RP? (Slight distinction there.)

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:12 »

:lol:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:26 »

I have to ask, or my RPer friends in other games simply won't believe me.

Um, I don't even know what to ask. People RP furries in EVE? Or do they engage in furry RP? (Slight distinction there.)

IIRC, one of them claimed to belong to an anthropomorphic fox race/species from some moon somewhere, if that answers your question. the one expecting puppies was a wolfgirl, so probably from a different moon.  :)
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:31 »

For a more on-topic reply than I'd made before, my favorite RP moment thus far in EVE has been the turnout of our [REWARD] Salvation Crusade Offenders Wanted thread.

Good RP there without a lot of the more common substance-less banter the IGS usually sees.  There was a lot of IC morality discussion there and it was interesting to me to see the responses especially from the Minmatar crowd, mostly condemning Du'uma Fiisi's skewed hardline logic.  Despite viewing the alliance as a whole as not being as much an RP entity as it once was, it was still very gratifying to have active Ushra'Khan roleplayers among the people making supportive comments in favor of us in the face of all the outrage and condemnations.

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2010, 18:40 »

I have to say that my distaste for the furries doesn't really hold all that much water. I'm sure there's good RP from furries, and considering my own little fetishes, I can't really point and laugh at theirs. However, it's the whole "Look at me! I'm a furfag! It's what DEFINES ME!" attitude, coupled with butthurt when people get tired of that. It bugs me a bit. And the worst part is that this isn't even the majority of furries.

The majority of them are cool guys, just normal people with a kink. Why let those ridiculously vocal and outraged ones ruin a whole community like that? Slap them down, seriously.

Oh, and RPing furries in a universe that doesn't support their existence. Urgh. Now that's annoying on a whole other level.

But back on topic. I haven't had a single 'one favorite moment' of RP in neither Eve or other games. My favorite would simply have to be the years I spent roleplaying Mizhara in another game. An evil and grinning little undead assassin, in the employ of Undercity. It wasn't a moment by itself, nor the character or the universe that did it. It was the interaction with one particular other character.

Thrakmar Ragethunder. An orc shaman, honorable, strong, old and battlescarred. The very anti-thesis to the stealthy, dishonorable, sneaky and vile Mizhara. How both disliked and even distrusted the other to begin with, due to their obvious differences, and how they came over years of RP to trust eachother implicitly, and even form a tenuous friendship. To see eachother's strengths, and see the uses both had within the complex role of a warband. Even letting the other affect themselves and their views, slightly.

It was fantastic RP, over years, and great characterization. I can't speak for Thrakmar (who by the way is now playing Eve, as a newbie. Thrakmar Grimmrad or something I think it was.), but for me that interaction what was made Mizhara who she was. She evolved and developed so well because she had interaction that affected her. That was 'real'. I highly doubt I could have turned that Miz into the well-forged, complex and complete character she was without that.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2010, 18:42 by Mizhara »

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2010, 19:08 »

My favorite moments in EVE RP have mostly been discussions (usually in the Thukker channel with Eran) about current goings-on. Nothing spectacular, but everything just sort of hit on all cylinders while talking about the political situation of the Republic and related matters.

Oh, and really ticking off folks in The Summit by referring to them all with nicknames. Nicolette somebody-or-other got really upset (IC only, I assume) by Casi calling her "Nicky" and treating her quite casually.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2010, 19:12 »

My favorite moments in EVE RP have mostly been discussions (usually in the Thukker channel with Eran)
People use that channel?

:wut:

Twitter

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 20 Apr 2010, 19:16 »

I haven't been in there in a few weeks. Maybe even two months. But we'd have small chats in there among four or five of us, sure.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #11 on: 20 Apr 2010, 19:39 »

There is some occasional banter there, I lurk out of habit now. Missed out on a conversation between a Veto guy and BT earlier this or last week because I was afk.  :cry:  Would have been fun too.

On topic: Hmm, I don't have one absolute favorite moment that comes to mind right now, I've enjoyed different RP 'moments' for whatever particular thing that was cool about them. That said, the recent(ish) party of Matariki's at The Last Gate was a lot of fun. I'm still a bit surprised that I got compliments from both Verone and Eva while I was there, Misan definitely wasn't expecting that. :P
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:45 »

Epic Win

When I thought I ran out of ideas. <3 Nata.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2010, 21:30 »

Like Miz it's too hard to nail down "a moment" as I have several, but there's one that no one really knows about.

A quiet little RP scene that had to be agreed on as being white-washed (pretended didn't happen) between Zuzanna and Grr from CVA stands out - mostly because this is one of the few ways it can survive since I can't find the chat log.

I've played in other games where my characters have been captured and tortured.  They were beaten, starved, raped, had people killed in front of them - whatever.

Grr did non of this - she never even laid a hand on Zu.  She didn't even have Zu tied up - Zu could of decked her at anytime.  But the word play and psychological war she waged on Zu during that few hours was very very well done.

My favorite was when Grr tried to claim that the cell kept data from being exchanged from Zu's implants to her ship and that if she died no signal would ever make it to her clone.  She then went into an almost hour long discussion about how it's against Concord law to activate a clone unless it was known for sure the capsuler was dead and that every fifty years the cloning tanks was emptied.

She painted this terribly grim picture of Zu's family going fifty years of never knowing what happened to her until Zu finally died of old age and had no clone to restore her youth.

Even better was when Marius (Zu's boyfriend at the time) walked right into Grr's trap to try to save Zu and was put in a cell near her and Grr showed Zu a picture of him and said, "Do you know this man?"

Zu went into an answer of, "What you can see in his pilot records is the same as what I know - he's a combat pilot in my corp."

"Really - that's not what he says - sad you would deny your own husband.  He seemed very worried about you." (Grr assumed they were more then dating)

Then after the hell that ensued she offered Zu a copy of the Pax Amarr and explained that Zu had yet to kill anyone and show herself an enemy of the Amarr people (true fact - hadn't gotten on a kill mail yet) and that Grr was willing to believe Zu had just gotten in with the wrong crowd.  For a new pilot new to the corp and new to combat - she was freaked out as all hell.

While I know the scene had to be whitewashed - I still am very much looking forward to the day Zu does meet Grr - very brilliant RP.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5