Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...  (Read 36172 times)

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
Re: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...
« Reply #105 on: 21 Oct 2011, 10:57 »

I could have, but all my ships were in high sec at the time (LONG story).  So, podding out wouldn't have accomplished much.  Yes, I could've bought new ones, etc.  But, meh.

I LIKED that harbinger or zealot or whatever.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #106 on: 21 Oct 2011, 11:12 »

I'd have just fitted a couple nanos and flown past the local navy. They don't hit too hard unless you're doign what I do and flying noobships that get two-shotted. Concord only comes after you if you GCC (or fly through concord hisec like i've done a handful of times and really regretted it).

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #107 on: 21 Oct 2011, 11:15 »

Frigates and even cruisers are reasonably safe to travel through as far as faction police goes. Just don't fly through Yulai. ;)
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #108 on: 23 Oct 2011, 02:34 »

What Misan said.  I learned the hard way that CCP has a lovely mechanic whereby jumping into any CONCORD sov system with too low of a security status gives you GCC rather than simply spawning faction police, and you can't jump gates or dock with a GCC in highsec, meaning jumping into CONCORD sov by mistake=you're dead one way or another.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #109 on: 23 Oct 2011, 11:36 »

What Misan said.  I learned the hard way that CCP has a lovely mechanic whereby jumping into any CONCORD sov system with too low of a security status gives you GCC rather than simply spawning faction police, and you can't jump gates or dock with a GCC in highsec, meaning jumping into CONCORD sov by mistake=you're dead one way or another.

Not quite, although I've done it a few times. I survived ones in a nano'd stiletto. What happens is simply that the faction police that it spawns are CONCORD rats, and they give GCC anytime they shoot something, and they pretty much instalock so you won't be able to just fly past them without getting shot. Unless you're in a nano'd interceptor and get really fucking lucky.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #110 on: 24 Oct 2011, 03:42 »

Never done it myself, but I hear that could be similar GCC problems if you ever "accidently" shoot a NPC hauler (the ones spotted going to and from stations) belonging to the CONCORD corporation.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #111 on: 30 Aug 2013, 00:05 »

T2 Energized Armor Layering Membrane gives the same bonus as a T1 Trimark.

I wish I'd known that earlier.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #112 on: 21 Nov 2013, 21:01 »

Setting default orbit to '1,000km'
One of the most useful utilities in space by far.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]