Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...  (Read 36167 times)

Crucifire

Re: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...
« Reply #90 on: 06 Apr 2011, 13:14 »

I'm a bit of a thermodynamics slut so one of the advantages is being able to toggle heat quickly without having to press something like shift+alt+F3. Plus I can comfortably rest my fingers on the ASDF row knowing I've got the top module row under my fingertips, and I rarely have more than 8 active modules on a ship that I would need bound to a hotkey anyways. The drone control keys being so close are an added bonus.

It's as simple as landing next to my opponent -> tap ASDF -> click opponent -> establish orbit while locking -> call point  :yar:

Misha M Liena

• Clonejack
  • Not as innocent as i appear.
« Reply #91 on: 18 Jun 2011, 07:00 »

Being told that you can group your drones like combat in one and mining in another.......But being able to **name** the groups........like dogs for combat and etc.          ty dris ty dris ty dris
                 Misha

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #92 on: 18 Jun 2011, 11:10 »

Apparently while docked you can drag a ship from the ships window into the 'hangar space' (area without UI covering it) and it will swap you into that ship. Would have saved me a lot of right clicking earlier...

This is my favorite thread ever.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #93 on: 18 Jun 2011, 20:31 »

Say goodbye to that little feature now though with Icarna coming in...:psyccp:

Double click to open cargo hold in the hangar also goes poof. At least you can hotkey that now but :(. Edit: OK, half true, you have to double click the holograms either near the couch or hangar bay to open it now.
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2011, 22:48 by Misan »
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #94 on: 28 Jun 2011, 07:48 »

Discovered just days ago there is a "select all" option when you right click in an inventory. 

That was a lot of dragging I did.  :lol:

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #95 on: 28 Jun 2011, 07:50 »

Discovered just days ago there is a "select all" option when you right click in an inventory. 

That was a lot of dragging I did.  :lol:

:eek:

There is also Ctrl+A

Lyn Farel

« Reply #96 on: 28 Jun 2011, 08:05 »

There is also click on one item, then shift + click on another one, it will select all the items in between as well (pretty standard windows command btw).

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #97 on: 23 Jul 2011, 16:41 »

I don't know how long this has been around but...

I wish I had known that when selling a number of items at the highest buy order price, and the buy order does not buy as many of the items that you are selling, that in creates a sell order for you for the remainder.

At least I think that's what happened.  Almost wrote a petition about it. 

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #98 on: 26 Jul 2011, 03:08 »

Hotkeys can be set to make drones engage a target (at least until Incarna broke the drones' ability to follow directions) and return to the bay.  This is particularly useful in fleets, where the drone commands get buried under a significantly expanded list of context menu options.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #99 on: 26 Jul 2011, 07:20 »

I learned that, while in space, you can drag and drop items on the 'cargo hold button' on the HUD and they will go straight to to your cargo (No need to open the cargo hold view first).
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Aodha Khan

« Reply #100 on: 26 Jul 2011, 08:40 »

I learned that, while in space, you can drag and drop items on the 'cargo hold button' on the HUD and they will go straight to to your cargo (No need to open the cargo hold view first).

:bash:

Good tip!

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #101 on: 26 Jul 2011, 14:42 »

Took me a long time to figure out why seemingly randomly I would get funny accented letters when I pushed the apostrophe or question mark keys on my board.  Turned out this feature is toggled with shift+ctrl.

Also, it took me awhile at first to figure out how to set up overview settings/tabs properly.  e.g. hide fleet members, turn off security standing flashiness.  Although, I'm sure I could still optimize my tabs better.

Edit:  oops, guess these things are not actually 'obvious'.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #102 on: 20 Oct 2011, 21:08 »

So since apparently this isn't well known: You can lock your windows in place by going into "General Settings" from the esc menu and checking the "Lock window if pinned" setting near the bottom left. Not guaranteed to fix the issue with windows moving around right now, but it might for some people.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #103 on: 21 Oct 2011, 09:07 »

I recently learned target painting helps guns hit too, that mwd-ing helps guns hit you too (sig radius), and that mwd-ing your frig against target painting npcs without enough transversal = dead frig. 

I also remember learning painfully about how aggression timers work when I was a pvp noob.

Oh, and the day I learned that gcc carries when you leave a system, so it is good to know where you are jumping to. lol.

I also had a bad facepalm when I let my sec status get too low in a low sec system with only high sec exit gates.  Was stuck there ratting battlecruiser spawns for days.

Oh, and the time I discovered there are large gangs of pirates near the EVE gate that don't care you're on a pilgrimage.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #104 on: 21 Oct 2011, 10:40 »

I recently learned target painting helps guns hit too, that mwd-ing helps guns hit you too (sig radius), and that mwd-ing your frig against target painting npcs without enough transversal = dead frig. 

I also remember learning painfully about how aggression timers work when I was a pvp noob.

Oh, and the day I learned that gcc carries when you leave a system, so it is good to know where you are jumping to. lol.

I also had a bad facepalm when I let my sec status get too low in a low sec system with only high sec exit gates.  Was stuck there ratting battlecruiser spawns for days.

Oh, and the time I discovered there are large gangs of pirates near the EVE gate that don't care you're on a pilgrimage.

Couldn't you leave your ship behind and pod-fly your way through high-sec?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8