Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...  (Read 36159 times)

Melichor Duraldi

• Clonejack
Re: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...
« Reply #30 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:30 »

Another good tip is hotloading modules when you are in pvp.  While you are warping in on a target you can click on your guns/web/scram whatever and click on an offgrid object in your overview.  Doing so will cause those mods to flash as if on standby.  WHen you land on grid and lock your target, the mods will activate and fun times are had.  Its a lifesaver if you are the initial tackle (don't know how many times I had locked up a target only to have them warp off since I couldn't activate the scram/point on time).

Also I have several tabs in my overview. These are a lifesaver when you are performing your various modes of internetspaceships.  There is a general one showing POS structures, gang mates, cans, ores, etc; one that I lovingly call "GTFO" which has only celestials; and some for pvp to show only hostiles.  No longer do you have to have a cluttered overview and get allies mixed in with hostiles

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #31 on: 28 Apr 2010, 05:46 »

Session timers, there's an option on the Esc > General Settings tab that allows you to 'Show Session-Change Timer'. I had no clue where it was, thought it was a broken feature even though I'd had it checked forever hoping they'd fix it.... then one day I'm moving my mouse up to check who I have on an aggro timer against, and accidentally hover over this little swirly icon.

I wanted to cry right then and there for not knowing about that before hand. I don't have to count down, or keep trying to get into ships to see how long the wait is anymore... it's BRILLIANT. *grumbles about it not being slightly more obvious/noticeable*

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #32 on: 28 Apr 2010, 08:50 »

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:00 »

Hmmm.

Drone-Hotkeys is the one I :facepalm:'d at most recently.

Esc-Menu -> Shortcuts -> Use Eyes (I am too tired to log in and get exact directions tonight)

I use Alt+E for All Drones: Engage. Alt + R for All Drones: Return to Bay.

Iz Gud.

Also - for clearing of cluttered module sections.
using that lovely little white arrow below your mods there is an option to "Hide Passive Modules"

Amazingly enough... ENOURMOUS amounts of screenshots I have seen still have these mods there ._.
I never understood why....

Oohhh! Also Ctrl + F in space to bring up fitting window.
-_- made me headdesk when i realised I could do that instead of docking to read my fit or give it to other people in my corp (Used to happen at least once or twice every hour or so on a busy day - Being Mr. HEY DUZ THIZ FIT WORKZ!?!? got old quick  :evil:)

Using my extensive knowledge of EVE I know there are more, but tired brain is tired and cannot remember anymore.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #34 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:33 »

using that lovely little white arrow below your mods there is an option to "Hide Passive Modules"

Wait, what?

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #35 on: 29 Apr 2010, 10:08 »

Hmmm.

Esc-Menu -> Shortcuts -> Use Eyes (I am too tired to log in and get exact directions tonight)

Iz Gud.

Amazingly enough... ENOURMOUS amounts of screenshots I have seen still have these mods there ._.
I never understood why....

Drone hotkeys are win. Personally I have Ctrl-1 to Ctrl-3 hotkeyed for it.

Heh, I originally had passive mods hidden, but I keep them showing now to track heat damage. A lot of my ships use say Large Shield Extenders as heat sinks so they can break too. If you keep them hidden you might not realize you're lacking a ton of EHP until that Zealot starts melting you far too quickly.  :eek:

...that you can create bookmarks midwarp. For a while there I thought you could only create safes by using 'warp slamming' emptying your cap by repeatedly entering warp until you didn't have enough to cover the full distance. That one's still somewhat useful, but midwarp is so much easier.  :oops:
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #36 on: 29 Apr 2010, 10:54 »

Slamming is the most effective way to loose tail chasers though  :yar:

Spyra

• Garbage Day!
  • Clonejack
« Reply #37 on: 10 May 2010, 23:57 »

The ability to offline modules while your gatecloak is still active.

Offlining armor plates when running into a camp has saved me more often than I can remember.

I don't know if you'd call it obvious.  Is it really worth doing?  I have to admit, it never occurred to me before
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #38 on: 13 May 2010, 03:42 »

If you forget to recall your drones before you warp off, they do not turn into rogue drones.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 13 May 2010, 07:27 »

If you forget to recall your drones before you warp off, they do not turn into rogue drones.

Although it would be totally awesome if they did!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #40 on: 13 May 2010, 15:32 »

Cool trick related to that actually: If you've ordered your drones to recall, but warp off before they return to the bay you don't lose ownership of them when you leave grid. It means people can't scoop them, so you can return after the battle has ended and just tell 'em to get back in the bay and they will fly back to you.

So damn useful in null-sec, I've avoided having to get a new set of drones several times with that trick.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 16 May 2010, 00:45 »

Cool trick related to that actually: If you've ordered your drones to recall, but warp off before they return to the bay you don't lose ownership of them when you leave grid. It means people can't scoop them, so you can return after the battle has ended and just tell 'em to get back in the bay and they will fly back to you.

So damn useful in null-sec, I've avoided having to get a new set of drones several times with that trick.

So that's how that works. I've been aware that you don't always loose ownership of drones on leaving the grid, although I've never been able to figure out a definite cause or way to make this occur.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gorion Wassenar

• Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 22 May 2010, 16:41 »

Spider tanks. Kimtoro's Ferox fleets would have blotted out the sun!

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #43 on: 22 May 2010, 17:08 »

Learning skills are pretty cool.

Also, frigates with one shield, armor and hull repper are bad and civilian guns aren't better than others because they don't use ammo.

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account
« Reply #44 on: 23 May 2010, 16:07 »

Iz Gud.
I just wish there was one for 'deploy'. But I guess that would be difficult considering some ships can hold several flights.

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8