Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...  (Read 36168 times)

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
Re: The most obvious thing I wish I'd learned earlier ...
« Reply #45 on: 26 May 2010, 15:44 »

Seriously... alt E... well I'll be damned.

Thank you.

*edit: to clarify - I fly a drone boat for mission running most the time... *face palm*

Zag

« Reply #46 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:56 »

The Drake is always the bait.
The Drake is alwa-

FC Rule No.1

Fucking Drakes. Why must I love killing you so?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jun 2010, 11:10 »

Russians always have freinds/A Falcon in tow.

Always

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 25 Jun 2010, 15:07 »

For those of us who do PI...

The "Submit" button....press it often and early.....Goddamn I hate returning to a planet to find dick all has happened.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 25 Jun 2010, 15:37 »

I guess for me it was learning how "exactly" the market behaves, was surprised i could buy stuff remotely, but not sell remotely, and that even if i tried to purchase from a specific seller in the available list it was the cheapest seller who got the money.

It is not a market per se, it is a broker system with bids and offers.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #50 on: 27 Jun 2010, 02:16 »

Oh, and Cia, IIRC, when I met you, you were also warping to every gate at 15km...because you thought you had to use the autopilot to travel.

True. But I was only 3 days old at the time, so it stands out as less of a ::facepalm:: moment.

Arrrrrr, you young whippersnappers... when I started out, we didn't have any of this 'warp to 0' nonsense... you warped to 15, and you were grateful for it.

...actually they added warp to 0 about a month after I started, but still :P

For me... I'm not actually sure.  I know I've had more than a few 'DUH' moments, but they aren't springing to mind.

Raden Creed

• Clonejack
  • Only the paranoid survive
« Reply #51 on: 27 Jun 2010, 13:17 »

What the green lines meant when I was selling things and that some things are worth more as raw materials then they are as modules. I cant remember how many things I sold for little isk that would have been better just sitting in my hanger collecting dust.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #52 on: 23 Jul 2010, 00:16 »

[06:13:10] Kerrin Jem > Hm. So, apparently control click targets...<br>That's new... accidental discoveries, woo.
[06:15:13] Morwen Lagann > http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=219.0
[06:15:20] Morwen Lagann > you'll like that thread
[06:15:34] Kerrin Jem > /emote assumes its the 'things you wished you knew earlier' thread?
[06:15:51] Kerrin Jem > /emote was right. :D
[06:16:08] Morwen Lagann > :P

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #53 on: 19 Sep 2010, 06:41 »

Another good tip is hotloading modules when you are in pvp.  While you are warping in on a target you can click on your guns/web/scram whatever and click on an offgrid object in your overview.  Doing so will cause those mods to flash as if on standby.  WHen you land on grid and lock your target, the mods will activate and fun times are had.  Its a lifesaver if you are the initial tackle (don't know how many times I had locked up a target only to have them warp off since I couldn't activate the scram/point on time).

Also I have several tabs in my overview. These are a lifesaver when you are performing your various modes of internetspaceships.  There is a general one showing POS structures, gang mates, cans, ores, etc; one that I lovingly call "GTFO" which has only celestials; and some for pvp to show only hostiles.  No longer do you have to have a cluttered overview and get allies mixed in with hostiles

Far as I'm aware, hot-loading don't work anymore. It simply says 'you can't target that' or something in that regard and then cancels the move. You used to be able to do this locking yourself as well, but nope, not anymore.
The multiple tabs on overview is a life-saver as well - for instance, I've won several fights by being able to lock down drones fast and poping them fast, then tey retract the drones and pop them back out, I'll lock down another real fast and pop it before they manage to get them in. All thanks to an overview dedicated to nothing but hostile/neutral drones - I recall doing tihs before, by hand -.-;;

Also, never have friendlies on overview - friendly fire is all to common if you do. For RR purposes you might want to use the watch-list or a dedicated friendlies overview.

Hmmm.

Drone-Hotkeys is the one I :facepalm:'d at most recently.

Esc-Menu -> Shortcuts -> Use Eyes (I am too tired to log in and get exact directions tonight)

I use Alt+E for All Drones: Engage. Alt + R for All Drones: Return to Bay.

Iz Gud.

Also - for clearing of cluttered module sections.
using that lovely little white arrow below your mods there is an option to "Hide Passive Modules"

Amazingly enough... ENOURMOUS amounts of screenshots I have seen still have these mods there ._.
I never understood why....

I love drones and use them extensively, and I never realized there were hot-keys for their orders. *Facepalm*

Also, the 'hide passive overview' option. Saves so much space. I don't NEED to know that I STILL have all my armor mods on the ship. I only need to know that the DC is on and that the armour repper is there.

Show complete readout is also useful to get shield armour and hull integrity in percentage as well as the bars - it helps so much to understand just how well/poorly your doing.

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #54 on: 19 Sep 2010, 13:26 »

"What's Evemon?"
"What were you doing for skill planning?"
"Um... putting on whatever sounded cool?"
"... look up Evemon, EFT, whatever... seriously."

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #55 on: 19 Sep 2010, 17:33 »

Hiding passive modules also means you can't see how damaged they are from overheating and can't apply nanite paste without showing them again. I prefer to just drag them over to the side out of the way.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:10 »

Today I discovered that EVEmon has a feature that shifts an EVE client running windowed mode "up", making it resemble fullscreen mode but still operate as windowed mode.

My life has just become so much less painful.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #57 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:33 »

Jovians did it.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #58 on: 29 Sep 2010, 19:18 »

Today I discovered that EVEmon has a feature that shifts an EVE client running windowed mode "up", making it resemble fullscreen mode but still operate as windowed mode.

My life has just become so much less painful.

Explain how you did this.

Naow.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #59 on: 19 Oct 2010, 10:54 »

The fact that Ctrl-A will select all items in a container/cargohold/hangar, that you can Shift-click to select a group of items that are arranged together and Ctrl-click to select multiple items that aren't arranged together...I was dragging one-item at a time when looting etc for waaay too long.

But my favorite is Ctrl-click to target something...this changed my life, for real. My most recent discovery was that I can map "Return to Dronebay" and "All drones: Engage" to hotkeys.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8